Do people really feel liberated by shaving off head?

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
it is

‘but letting things just happen’ won’t work, you still need to put the work in and create opportunities
worked for me... i dont anyone who says it doesnt, though...
i got no idea where people go to pick up women of course...

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
if you want to control the relationship, or feel the need that you have to control it, then you are doing something wrong...

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
worked for me... i dont anyone who says it doesnt, though...
i got no idea where people go to pick up women of course...
The world that you are describing is way different to the one that bald people feel like they live in. As a bald guy, if you try real life you will put hours and hours in at the end of the year (minimum 3 hours per week which adds up; put a monetary value to that time and you'll see) with zero dates and only a few hours of actual interactions because everybody politely excuses themself after less than 30 seconds when you introduce yourself. Letting things happen is futile just the same as trying hard for things, because nothing really seems to work for a bald guy. And nobody cares one bit about money. I have had coaches, taken courses (which I didn't need, but the salespeople sold them to me), went out with friends to social things, went out alone and more...

You said in a post that you had hair when you did all of this. I feel like you are the often berated example here of the guys with hair advising the bald guy "just be confident, be yourself and say hello, dude", and being blissfully unaware of the fact that this stuff only worked for him because of his hair. I'm not holding it against you but I find it interesting that there is a guy like that on this forum.

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
well first thing first: i dont believe most people in the new incel section here are slick bald... the level of complaints and delusion somehow sounds like receded hairline, or anything that doesnt resemble people in movies...

yeah i did that when i had a full head of hair, im still doing it while im balding... since i am in a relationship, i cant tell you how many of the women who talk to me (usually i dont even have to start the conversation) would have taken it one step further... on the other hand i also met my current gf while balding (and was pretty open about it, since its better to be clear about all potential dealbreakers)...

i mean my hairline is sh*t for over ten years now... im at nw4, if not worse atm, btw... as i said, from 16 until now it works and i cant believe i am the exception... quite the contrary, i believe that every dude can have success...

i just went and had fun and couldnt be bothered, usually i know someone wherever i go anyway... rest just happens/happened...

i do believe you that some slick bald dude, or hardcore balding dude gets rejected wherever he goes, if he looks like total trash otherwise...
i also believe you that for online dating you are most likely fucked when you got no hair left, unless you are some fitness dude/body builder/whatever... and even that needs to be somebodies type then...

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
well first thing first: i dont believe most people in the new incel section here are slick bald... the level of complaints and delusion somehow sounds like receded hairline, or anything that doesnt resemble people in movies...

yeah i did that when i had a full head of hair, im still doing it while im balding... since i am in a relationship, i cant tell you how many of the women who talk to me (usually i dont even have to start the conversation) would have taken it one step further... on the other hand i also met my current gf while balding (and was pretty open about it, since its better to be clear about all potential dealbreakers)...

i mean my hairline is sh*t for over ten years now... im at nw4, if not worse atm, btw... as i said, from 16 until now it works and i cant believe i am the exception... quite the contrary, i believe that every dude can have success...

i just went and had fun and couldnt be bothered, usually i know someone wherever i go anyway... rest just happens/happened...

i do believe you that some slick bald dude, or hardcore balding dude gets rejected wherever he goes, if he looks like total trash otherwise...
i also believe you that for online dating you are most likely fucked when you got no hair left, unless you are some fitness dude/body builder/whatever... and even that needs to be somebodies type then...

to be fair, onto your point about online dating I was seeing a girl back in Jan, and when she showed me her dating app profile she was flooded with ‘likes’

...on average she would swipe left to all the baldies, even if they were fit.

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
to be fair, onto your point about online dating I was seeing a girl back in Jan, and when she showed me her dating app profile she was flooded with ‘likes’

...on average she would swipe left to all the baldies, even if they were fit.
sure... even without online dating, you just need to look at social media, women post a pic and it gets way more likes and comments than the same pic posted by you (or me)... if said woman posts a picture of herself, you know where this is going... if the inbox isnt set to private, i bet every woman get messages...

then you got online dating, where its all about messaging people, so the people who might hold back on social media (because it is honestly annoying to sah the least) wont do so on online dating sites...

yeah i bet she swipes the baldies... i hear women mocking bald people nearly every day... and that was even worse before pandemic, when i could still go out, there was barely an evening when someone didnt mock bald/ing men...
that is no surprise...

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah i bet she swipes the baldies... i hear women mocking bald people nearly every day... and that was even worse before pandemic, when i could still go out, there was barely an evening when someone didnt mock bald/ing men...
that is no surprise...
I think I remember you said somewhere you were studying Japanese? Are you from Japan? I don't think women in the USA openly mock bald people, but I know in Asian countries balding can have very severe consequences. Luckily for Asians it is very uncommon to start balding before 40 and they usually respond very well to finasteride, even at .2mg a day.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
sure... even without online dating, you just need to look at social media, women post a pic and it gets way more likes and comments than the same pic posted by you (or me)... if said woman posts a picture of herself, you know where this is going... if the inbox isnt set to private, i bet every woman get messages...

then you got online dating, where its all about messaging people, so the people who might hold back on social media (because it is honestly annoying to sah the least) wont do so on online dating sites...

that is no surprise...

thing is mate , I see lots of baldies with hot gfs when I’m out and about

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I remember you said somewhere you were studying Japanese? Are you from Japan? I don't think women in the USA openly mock bald people, but I know in Asian countries balding can have very severe consequences. Luckily for Asians it is very uncommon to start balding before 40 and they usually respond very well to finasteride, even at .2mg a day.
im from europe, but living in japan dor 11 years.... body shaming is a public sport here...

they do bald, but somehow like ten years later... also im sure a lot of people are on medication, at lest i think so because sometimes you see people having finasteride in their shopping bag and during the first lockdown, minoxidil and toppic was the thing that sold out as fast as face masks...

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
thing is mate , I see lots of baldies with hot gfs when I’m out and about
yeah i am not the one who says everything is over when bald... my friends back in europe for example all got their gf and wifes, somehow except for the one with the one with the fullest hair (and hes no uggo)....

im sure it isnt easy when slick bald though, but that really depends on how the dude looks overall...
i am sure though that it makes it way harder to find a job...

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah i am not the one who says everything is over when bald... my friends back in europe for example all got their gf and wifes, somehow except for the one with the one with the fullest hair (and hes no uggo)....

im sure it isnt easy when slick bald though, but that really depends on how the dude looks overall...
i am sure though that it makes it way harder to find a job...
Yeah I doubt I can pull off bald. I look like a mutant without hair. I'll go from an average looking guy to an incel.

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I doubt I can pull off bald. I look like a mutant without hair. I'll go from an average looking guy to an incel.
i think everyone thinks so...
i did shave once when i was 18, it looked horrible^^ but of course i sometimes think about what to do if i have to... transplant first of course... then hopefully if it happens that i go bald then ill be 60 or something and then i just do it like martin glover or something, like just grow something, mess it up and dont care about anything%^

HairForceOne

Established Member
Reaction score
I buzz my hair to 0,4mm every week. It definitely makes me feel liberated every time, especially if I have grown my hair a bit longer. However, even though I have buzzed my hair for 8 years now, I still have not used to it. So while I feel liberated doing it, it does not feel (or particularly look) well, me. I don't look horrible with shaven head but I do look much different than with hair. I look more masculine or thug. I have met countless of people who did not recognize me with bald head and some people did not recognize me when I grew my hair a bit longer.