do moisturizing shampoos really help dry/damaged hair?

jimbojones001

Reaction score
i just want to know if moisturizing shampoos really do help treat dry/damaged hair. what ingredients that are in moisturizing shampoos that help treat dry hair?. im getting to the point whereas if a moisturizing shampoo doesnt make my hair stronger and healthier and reduce breakage then im just gonna assume im thinning/balding. i got a full head of hair but damn its weak as hell and praying that its just dry!

so does it work or what?

Cassin

Reaction score
crazyboy867 said:
i just want to know if moisturizing shampoos really do help treat dry/damaged hair. what ingredients that are in moisturizing shampoos that help treat dry hair?. im getting to the point whereas if a moisturizing shampoo doesnt make my hair stronger and healthier and reduce breakage then im just gonna assume im thinning/balding. i got a full head of hair but damn its weak as hell and praying that its just dry!

so does it work or what?

It for sure helps with dry hair. No Question.

I have been using it in conjunction with Nizoral for quite some some. Nizoral tends to dry hair out a bit and moisturizing conditioner helps get it back in shape.

As for damaged hair, not sure.

ToupMaster

Established Member
Reaction score
crazyboy867 said:

so does it work or what?

Shampoo less and condition more.

The Gardener

Reaction score
I used to think I had dry hair, especially after beginning my topical regimen, and Nizoral.

I tried "moisturizing" shampoos, and they did nothing for me. In fact, they made my hair feel even worse, and added a curlyness to it. My hairstylist made the suggestion that my problem might not be dry hair, but in fact, it might be that the topicals, plus my styling aids, might be creating buildup on my hair. He suggested I cycle in a clarifying shampoo 3 or 4 times a month.

BINGO. After using a "clarifying" shampoo, or a buildup-removing shampoo, my hair felt amazing right away. Sometimes, what feels like dry hair might not actually BE dry hair.

This is not to say that everyone has the same scenario that I had, but if moisturizers or conditioners aren't helping, it could be that your attempts to OVER moisturize and condition, as I was doing, are only making the issue worse by adding buildup to your hair.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Toupmaster... this is a tangental question and I don't mean to hijack this thread, but you obviously seem to have some sage advice about hair. Do you have any thoughts on Copper Peptide sprays? I use them, and they seem to help with scalp irritation, but given your experience I can't help but ask you if you have formed any sort of an opinion about them.

Thanks... and it is GREAT to have someone with some hands on experience with hair on these MB's.

ToupMaster

Established Member
Reaction score
The Gardener said:
Do you have any thoughts on Copper Peptide sprays? I use them, and they seem to help with scalp irritation, but given your experience I can't help but ask you if you have formed any sort of an opinion about them.

I have no pro or con feelings on the regular use of Copper Peptide products. I did use such products flor a period of time after haveing 750 FU transplants in my frontal temple area and feel they helped in the healing and retention.