Do I Have Male Pattern Baldness?, 16 Years Old

Joel Pritchard

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm 16 years old and recently had my hair shaved. I took a photo of my crown and I saw some thinning...maybe some diffusing and I got really worried. I have a few photos to show you. I think it could be male pattern baldness and I'm pretty sure I can get Propecia or something because I do want to keep what I have. Thanks for reading

hairnohair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Most people, kids included, have thinner hair at the crown. You can't take Propecia at 16, it will f*** you up.

hairnohair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can post some photos if you want other people's opinions, but thinner crown and a hole in your hair is completely normal, my 10 year old brother has it too. If you see your crown getting thinner as time passes, consider Minoxidil.

Propecia blocks 5ar, an enzyme that results in the trasformation of basic testosterone to DHT.
DHT is a form of testosterone which is crucial in developement, it causes the development of most male sex characteristics: prostate, penis and testicular development, voice deepening, body and beard hair growth and so on.
It is not safe to take Propecia unless you are fully developed, you'd pretty much stop your puberty which could have brutal side effects, not just making you girly.

Joel Pritchard

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay, thank you for the reply, I never expected to be replied to that fast, i'll consider minoxidil if it gets worse