Do I have diffuse thinning?

bluejay

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah probably, thats how mine started out. In a year or two you might not even be able to buzz cut it without having an obvious thinning hole on the top. Do some blood work to see if something comes up. If you're cleared then get on finasteride for 7-8 months and evaluate you're results before adding minoxidil, which is much more of a hassle to apply twice a day than simply popping a pill every morning.

RobertF

Reaction score
I don't see any thinning. How old are you?
People say that I have diffuse thinning, take a look: http://imgur.com/a/7tVJb#0
That's my hair wet.

Honestly, it's hard to tell. I'm asking since I got freaked out that scalp on top of my head has gotten kinda more visible than it was before, but I'm not sure, it seems like all of my hair has gotten thinner (as in, individual hairs losing "body"). As for you, perhaps your hair was always like that? Is your scalp visible with your hair dry as well?

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah probably, thats how mine started out. In a year or two you might not even be able to buzz cut it without having an obvious thinning hole on the top. Do some blood work to see if something comes up. If you're cleared then get on finasteride for 7-8 months and evaluate you're results before adding minoxidil, which is much more of a hassle to apply twice a day than simply popping a pill every morning.

Negged. You make it sound like he is bald already.

bluejay

Established Member
Reaction score

Well what the hell am I supposed to say? If he didn't want any opinions on it he wouldn't of joined a hair loss forum would he? Should I tell him his hair is gonna thicken up if he thinks of puppies everyday? Or since I agree with you on how minor his hair loss is, isn't it more sensible to tell to him to get on treatments right now so as to completely reverse his losses instead of letting it slowly die off until there's no point anymore. I had that exact same pattern and I know from experience its gonna get a whole lot worse. Not overnight, but if he lets it slide for 2-3 more years.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well what the hell am I supposed to say? If he didn't want any opinions on it he wouldn't of joined a hair loss forum would he? Should I tell him his hair is gonna thicken up if he thinks of puppies everyday? Or since I agree with you on how minor his hair loss is, isn't it more sensible to tell to him to get on treatments right now so as to completely reverse his losses instead of letting it slowly die off until there's no point anymore. I had that exact same pattern and I know from experience its gonna get a whole lot worse. Not overnight, but if he lets it slide for 2-3 more years.

Well basically you said he won't be able to buzz it in 2-3 years. Put it simply: you don't know that AT ALL. No one can predict his pattern and it was inaccurate advice.

bluejay

Established Member
Reaction score
It's really not that bad at all as far as hairloss goes and compared to others on this site: but here's the mistake I made when I first noticed the same kind of slight thinning on top. First I asked everyone's opinion and they all told me I was crazy and paranoid about it and that there was nothing wrong with it. Obviously I could feel it getting thinner and they couldn't so they were not in the best position to give advice. You know your own hair better than anyone else, if you've felt a change enough to get on this site, make an account and post pics then that already is a good indicator that something's up with your crown. So at first I thought to myself: ''Even if I am thinning, it's not so bad, I mean people can barely notice any difference and I definitely do not look like a balding man so why worry?''. A year went by and it only got worse yet I naively thought :''Okay maybe it looks like I am a balding man but hell I still have a decent hairline, it could be worse AND I'm definitely not going to risk my sex life with propecia for such minor hair loss ''. So to recap I kept thinking I could deal with it as it progressively got worse and worse and now, three years later, it's as bad as it ever was and you would have to be blind to not notice I'm balding. Finally I realized that I couldn't even style it anymore and that it was no longer an unacceptable look but the joke's on me : if only I would have acted sooner and ignore everyone's advice I could have completely reversed it by nipping in the bud as early as possible and never worry about it again but fk no...people kept telling me it wasn't that bad until eventually it unavoidably got that bad. So my advice is do something now, and save you're hair for the next 10 years and never have to spend countless hours of your life worrying about it.

shookwun

Reaction score
Hair loss is also a very instinctive feeling. Sure the onset of male pattern baldness is the biggest kick in the face, but the fact that you're questioning the state of your hair condition tells me something has changed over the years.

bluejay

Established Member
Reaction score
Well basically you said he won't be able to buzz it in 2-3 years. Put it simply: you don't know that AT ALL. No one can predict his pattern and it was inaccurate advice.

It's because of people like you that I am currently past the stage of no return. What's with you guys, why are you all so bitter about your own hairloss that you scoff at minor thinning and make the person feel like nothing's wrong as a ticking time bomb slowly kills their hair follicles one by one. Any hairloss is a sign of something this is basic knowledge; he should do something now if he cares so much about his appearance. First get a blood test to see if his health checks out. Next wait six months and see if it gets worse. If it does he has two options from there: do something or accept that he will become a bald man. If I would of ignored advice like yours, I could have reversed my balding completely in the early stages and saved myself all the denial and anguish I had to go through taking a million pics every day just to see it get worse. Now is the time to act if he wants to never worry about this again. Or hell, don't listen to me and watch it go past the point of no return.

''Neg'' me all you want I couldn't give less of a sh**t. I'm not here to give false comfort to people, I'm here to be the slap in the face they need to wake up and realize they have all the power in the world to solve their own problems. I wish someone would have been so frank with me and as long as my advice pushes just a few to take action and deal with their insecurities, then I will accomplish the job I sought to do when I joined this forum. We need to be honest with guys that come on here and most of all we should be realistic. If only I could go back in time and tell myself the same thing.