Do I have a fighting chance! 25yo lookin 60 lmao

GoingBaldYAY

Reaction score
Mine probably could be worse and I'm sorry for those here who are suffering more badly than I am. Anyhow I noticed my hair getting thin on the crown and the sides of the hair line at the front about 3 years ago. I didn't think any products actually worked and I'm finding out now that some actually do. I honestly didn't think it was going to get this bad and also didn't care but I'm still a single guy and it may decrease my chances scoring certain females which I can't accept lol. I do have a good I dont give a **** attitude about it but then I start to think eh this looks like crap I either want a full head of hair or no hair at all.

I don't like taking medication, I'm a health nut.. so when I see the horror stories on people having heart complication on propecia I'm thinking oh great, another thing is having to take these all the time and if you stop your hair could potentially lose what ever it has gained, so taking propecia my whole life.. shew I dunno if I could do that. I did see a little bit on the lasercomb, not sure how well that works but throwing my options out there. I may go get a free exam done but thats also another thing, choosing the right doctor because Im sure if I go to a doctor who specializes in a surgery method thats what hes going to push for.

So what do you guys think from what you have seen do I have a chance to save this and try to grow some back or should I say screw it. There is baldness on my moms side her dad is bald. I post pics with hair wet and somewhat dry. Also I don't know all of the special terms you guys use yet. Thanks for chiming in

3.jpg1.jpg2.jpg5.jpg

anonymous

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude, trust me I know how you feel. You are not alone. I'm suffering from hair loss too and I'm only 22. I've tried the 'safe' methods to regain some growth. I tried a few months of minoxidil, but didn't feel it was doing anything aside from natural hair growth. Sometimes I feel people confuse themselves with minoxidil because they use it for three months and they're all like "HEY MY HAIR GREW!" No kidding, your hair naturally grows and your hair will be longer in 3 months time therefore it will cover more surface area.

I shaved my head to monitor it more closely, and I can say it did nothing. And it was uncomfortable putting that substance on my head.

I've just ordered some pills about an hour ago. It's scary but I want to give it a shot. I'm going to cut the pills into 4's and take it every other day, possibly upping the dosage after considerable time. The best way to beat hair loss is to say "screw it, I don't care." But that is insanely hard at 22. If I was 32, then I wouldn't care. I don't want to be balding in my 20's.

Sorry for my rant, it's easy to rant when you're freaking frustrated by this. Good luck bro, you should start a thread and monitor your progress if you decide to do something about it. I think you should.

medilook

Banned
Reaction score
Have u tried shaving your head . I personally tried propecia for about three weeks. I started feeling discomfort in my right breast area so I quit. I don't wanna grow tits.

autoteach8

Reaction score
I feel you buddy. I'm 25 and in the same boat. I am nervous about taking chemicals, just as you are. The only bright side at losing my hair at a young age was that I never needed to show my I.D., everyone thinks that I am in my mid-30's. I have found issues with women as well. The right one will not care. Also, cutting your hair short makes it look like there is more there (I know it sounds weird). Keep the faith.....

GoingBaldYAY

Reaction score
Haven't tried shaving it, that would expose my receding hair line even worse lol I haven't accepted the fact of my hair loss yet to shave off my hair.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
so when I see the horror stories on people having heart complication on propecia

heart complications now? LOL that's a new one... I'll write that down on the ever-growing list of phantom Finasteride side effects...

OP you want to know if you have a fighting chance? Yes - with Propecia. And possibly Minoxidil if you want regrowth. That's it really. Don't waste your money and time on the snake oil treatments and herbals - none of them are proven to work. Time is precious in the early stages of male pattern baldness because there's no way of knowing how fast it will progress.

Make sure you consult with your doctor before starting Propecia if you decide to go ahead with it.

GoingBaldYAY

Reaction score
lol I read some guy it said he was having heart complications, some kind of heart fluttering. I'm sure when people take meds and have a complication they will tend to blame it on the meds. I'll have to do more research, If I do take it, I'll have to take it for as long as I want my hair, i just find that crazy. hm

- - - Updated - - -

Is minoxidil rogaine? Are you speaking about the foam

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
lol I read some guy it said he was having heart complications, some kind of heart fluttering. I'm sure when people take meds and have a complication they will tend to blame it on the meds. I'll have to do more research, If I do take it, I'll have to take it for as long as I want my hair, i just find that crazy. hm

unfortunately that's the best we currently have

badgenome

Reaction score
Haven't tried shaving it, that would expose my receding hair line even worse lol I haven't accepted the fact of my hair loss yet to shave off my hair.

You should try shaving your hair. I don't mean to sound rude or insensitive as I'm going through the same issues, but most people with thinning hair or a receding hair line just look better with it shaved. Trying to cover it up looks worse in most peoples opinion, especially women. You don't need to shave it off completely. At the moment I'm using a number 1 or 2, and it looks decent. I look better with hair, but I don't look too terrible with it shaved. From the pictures you provided you seem to have a good shape for it. Try it out, and I bet you'll feel so much better.

Jrthomas85

Reaction score
Shaving your head is definitely an option, as some people have stated. Also, a short "buzzed" look could actually help to make your crown thinning less noticeable as it may blend in with the surrounding hair.

I think that if you do decide to seek treatments, now is the time to do it. Your crown/vertex thinning is pretty pronounced, but it is not slick bald yet. As you may have heard from others on the forum, your chances of improving thin hair are MUCH better than re-growing hair from completely bald areas. I personally think you stand a good chance at being able to reclaim some of your crown hair with minoxidil/rogaine. Your hairline, although receded, seems to be faring better. I think that it would look more like a mature hairline at that length even if you didn't regain any hair at the temples.

If I were you, I would also take finasteride to attempt to stop further hair loss - that's just my opinion. You have to weigh the risks/benefits of taking any medication, but you already know that. Doing as much research as possible is always something that I would advise. You can find many studies (with a simple Google search) that will give you an idea of the prevalence if side effects and the participants' results.

Helel

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm 25 too and I'm on the first stages of crowning....or what I think is crowning. It looks like somebody pulled out a little chunk of my hair from the back of my forehead. That's where I am at right now. Everytime I shower, more hair falls out. It doesn't seem to stop. It's really taking a toll on my self-esteem but I'm trying really hard to be positive.

Maximal

Reaction score
try Revivogen out, its finasteride equivalent to block DHT effect on ur hairs but...its effect is poor comparing to Finasteride, but may be it can work good for you, but dont expect a lot, keep in mind Revivogen is pretty expensive. The sad truth is in most cases you can't get your hairs back without using Minoxodil+Finasteride combo. Impossible to fight your inheritance without probable risks, sorry:(
Or - wait for losing more hairs and come to surgeons...tho you never know how long will it take, I mean getting bolder to the step when it's over with hairs and can be trasnplanted wihout risks to break visible effect if hairs keep falling off.
Or - follow the advice here, get shaved, you don't have brune hairs so you gonna look naturally fine being hair cut short.
Good luck and cheer up fighting the problem. Sorry for my english, not a native speaker here:)

Mr White

Established Member
Reaction score
Propecia works, the lasercomb doesn't. There are no 'natural' options here, finasteride is the only thing that really works.

Baldie101

Established Member
Reaction score
lol If you look like 60 then I wonder what I look like. I'm on finasteride and if you check my pics on my thread you will see that I am not one of the success stories where I got all my hair back in 4-6 months. It's coming but sloooooooowly. Just trimmed my head to get rid of the dandruff and easier applying and Regaine which I just added to my "regime". I'm hoping that it will help it to go faster and cover more of my 110 year old look, lol.

So my advice would be: Try it. The worst thing that could happen would be that it wouldn't help and you will keep losing hair as before. The best thing would be that you would gain more hair. :p

Person123

Reaction score
1. Buzz your head to a number 1 or 2 (you will feel much better after, women like it more, and its clean looking)
2. Minoxidil is a complete waste of time, and causes side effects related to heart problems/ blood pressure
3. Finasteride works at stopping hairloss and sometimes regrowing it. I personally would never take it because its not worth the possibility of serious sexual side effects to me.

- - - Updated - - -

I have your exact pattern/amount of hairloss

GoingBaldYAY

Reaction score
Well it did get worse, I reached my breaking point about a year ago, so that would mean about 5 years after this post. I should have started earlier. Did not realize the significance of how dedicated you have to be with treatment. I've been on finasteride & minoxidil for 10 months now but there were times I'd go on vacation for 3-5 days and completely forget or just not care enough; so I'm sure I've screwed this up. But I've decided to be more consistent. I have not seen any frontal growth / hairline improvement but I have stopped losing many hairs since taking finasteride. I used to be able to run my fingers through my hair and I'd have a pile, to the point where I wanted to just rip it all out in frustration. Now there is little to none (no they aren't all gone just yet) I figure I'll add some things to the regimen, derma roller, vitamins, vitamin application to scalp and just be more consistent. There might be a point where I decide transplant, I just want to see how much "natural" growth I can obtain first if any. At least its stopped falling out from what I can tell.

GoingBaldYAY

Reaction score
So look how bad it got lmao. Still pretty bad. I guess I have seen some results, didn't even realize it. I'll keep going with what I said above. Kicking myself for not doing something sooner but is what it is. This is just on minoxidil 5% and finasteride 1mg day.

Attachments

• 20190906_054515.jpg
    20190906_054515.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 527
  • 20190906_054604.jpg
    20190906_054604.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 518

Baldy12345

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So look how bad it got lmao. Still pretty bad. I guess I have seen some results, didn't even realize it. I'll keep going with what I said above. Kicking myself for not doing something sooner but is what it is. This is just on minoxidil 5% and finasteride 1mg day.

U should have started way earlier and ignored all these idiots claiming heart problems on finastride lol and if u get sides just quit.

megadyptes

My Regimen
Reaction score
You do seem to be above baseline, and a continued regimen might give you back even more. Best of luck to you and I hope it will get better.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are improving. Buzz to a #4, it will reduce the contrast between the front and the thin crown. It won’t make you look like a fullhead, but it will look cleaner.