Do bald guys need to have more balls than guys with hair?

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ghg said:
You don't know what it's like being a tad over 5 foot tall so you can't say that. Oh sh*t, I just realized I used your favourite get out of jail card there.

The day I sit there and tell a guy under 5 feet tall that "we are in the same boat", feel free to use that line on me. Until then, you just look even more foolish than usual.

I'm not telling a short guy how they should feel. I'm saying I'd rather be short than bald.

elvis123

Established Member
Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
ghg said:
You don't know what it's like being a tad over 5 foot tall so you can't say that. Oh sh*t, I just realized I used your favourite get out of jail card there.

The day I sit there and tell a guy under 5 feet tall that "we are in the same boat", feel free to use that line on me. Until then, you just look even more foolish than usual.

I'm not telling a short guy how they should feel. I'm saying I'd rather be short than bald.

Ok hatprisoner lets just face it.....you aren't man enough to be bald, and that's the bottom line

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
elvis123 said:
Ok hatprisoner lets just face it.....you aren't man enough to be bald, and that's the bottom line

Coming from people who are barely balding and are STILL on a hairloss site doesn't say much you know? At least I have lost all my hair before I made one post.

spinner2

Established Member
Reaction score
Barely balding and STILL on a hairloss site? People who are barely balding are the only ones who have anything to gain by being on a hairloss site, since current meds don't regrow a significant amount of hair that often.

On the other hand what have you gotten out of being on this site? It obviously hasn't made you any more comfortable with being bald. By the time I'm NW4 I'm going to get a razor and quit worrying about something that has already happened.

Beyond that let me ask you two questions: Are you in perfect shape? Do you dress well? Both of those things have a much bigger impact on your overall appearance than hair.

s.a.f

Reaction score
I'd say this impact of hairloss section is more relevant to people with a high degree of hairloss. Thats why Hatprisoner is on here. :smack:
The treatments section is more relavant to people with hardly any loss.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever been in the treatments section, simply because I know that I am beyond help with the available medication. Impact section is my home because I am at a point where all I can do is b**ch about it. When I want to feel hopeful, I go to the follicle cloning section from time to time, but that proves to be just as depressing.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
spinner2 said:
Barely balding and STILL on a hairloss site? People who are barely balding are the only ones who have anything to gain by being on a hairloss site, since current meds don't regrow a significant amount of hair that often.

On the other hand what have you gotten out of being on this site? It obviously hasn't made you any more comfortable with being bald. By the time I'm NW4 I'm going to get a razor and quit worrying about something that has already happened.

Beyond that let me ask you two questions: Are you in perfect shape? Do you dress well? Both of those things have a much bigger impact on your overall appearance than hair.

See SAF's response. I was about to say the same thing but he said it first. This is not the "treatments" folder. This is the "impact of Hair Loss" folder. People who are barely balding really shouldn't be feeling an "impact". It's more of a minor inconvenience. Now when you lose it all, well there is an impact for you.

Now, you say "By the time I'm NW4 I'm going to get a razor and quit worrying about something that has already happened"., Why not just do it NOW and then not worry about it. No more pills, topicals, regimens or any of that crap. Why not just do it?

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
I have to agree, I find this whole topic to be a little 'lame' since the title says 'bald guys' when the OP isn't even bald. I'm not bald, I'm not going to make topics about what bald guys should do. NW2 isn't bald. Bald is when you stop bald(ing) due to running out of hair to 'shed' .

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Night said:
I have to agree, I find this whole topic to be a little 'lame' since the title says 'bald guys' when the OP isn't even bald. I'm not bald, I'm not going to make topics about what bald guys should do. NW2 isn't bald. Bald is when you stop bald(ing) due to running out of hair to 'shed' .

EXACTLY!!!!

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
To get back to the original topic. Do bald guys need to have more balls than guys with hair? Like I have said before, if you really want to know what it's like,(I don't blame you if you don't) buzz your whole head with a #2 and then go in with a razor and give yourself a horseshoe, then go hit the clubs or just do anything out in public (preferably during the day) and you will find out soon enough that it takes grande cojone's to be bald. Most of you who try this will probably shave it all off as soon as you get back home, but if you can keep it for a week (and keep the top clean shaven) then I would give you mondo props. I've seen one person in my life do this. I asked him why his hair was like that since I could tell he wasn't really bald and he told me that it was for a fraternaty initiation.

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
To get back to the original topic. Do bald guys need to have more balls than guys with hair? Like I have said before, if you really want to know what it's like,(I don't blame you if you don't) buzz your whole head with a #2 and then go in with a razor and give yourself a horseshoe, then go hit the clubs or just do anything out in public (preferably during the day) and you will find out soon enough that it takes grande cojone's to be bald. Most of you who try this will probably shave it all off as soon as you get back home, but if you can keep it for a week (and keep the top clean shaven) then I would give you mondo props. I've seen one person in my life do this. I asked him why his hair was like that since I could tell he wasn't really bald and he told me that it was for a fraternaty initiation.

You ever see that show Dr Stevo-O? (Guy from Jackass). He goes around helping men with self esteem issues by making them do crazy sh*t. Anyway I missed the start of the episode, but I think he made a guy do just that, as I saw he was in a club with a shaved 'horse shoe'.

Anyway, it wouldn't really be the same. People would see that you're not actually bald like you did with that guy (There'd be stubble obviously) and wonder why the hell you've cut your hair like that. It would be the equivelent of shaving your head but leaving random patches of hair - People would be like 'wft!?'. Not to mention that no one goes literally bald over night. Anyway lots of people shave their head completely, bald or not. - It's what I'd do I think anyway.

If there was something which for a few days could make my hair completely invisible I'd give it a shot. :mrgreen: (I'm not going to rip out all the hair on the top of my head).

ali777

Reaction score
I was in a cafe today having my daily Italian coffee. As I was sitting there, talking about football tactics with my coffee break friend, a guy with perfect pitch black hair walked in. TBH, I thought he was bloody good looking, he was very well dressed as well. If I was a woman, I'd try to get him :gay:

Anyway, he was with a woman who I presume is his partner. The woman on the other hand was rather average, some (me) might even say below average. I personally didn't think she was cute, sexy, attractive, or whatever defines a woman as good looking, not my type at all...

Most of my ex's were nothing special but they were beautiful for me, I go for the "cute" look. I'm sure this guy finds his girlfriend attractive just like I thought my ex's were attractive. I'm just trying to highlight that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

I'm not really sure what I'm trying to get at. I think I'm trying to say that beauty is skin deep, and both men and women are capable of looking beyond standards imposed on us by the media and society. I admit that looks matter to a certain extent, but no relationship is based on looks only. Bald, or otherwise doesn't really matter, it's more important to find the inner beauty and inner happiness.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Your'e right about the stubble thing, hammer but it is as close as I can get without a hollywood make-up artist.