Do any of those Instagram topicals work?

ladysmanfelpz

Established Member
Reaction score
Been awhile since I've been on here. Been treating for 10+ years. Started with topical minoxidil and now am stable on Finasteride and oral minoxidil. I keep seeing a ton of new topical treatments whenever I go on Instagram. Idk why, as I don't go on instagram much and am not looking at hair stuff or using Keeps or Hims for my prescriptions. I always thought they could make a better topical tho and am curious if the science or utilization of it at least has made any breakthroughs. Spectral is one brand that comes to my mind, but I know there are several. I see they try to mix other DHT blockers in the solution and other ingredients that promote growth. Do any of these work or have any science or proven benefit over minoxidil?

And my last question is it worth it to add a topical treatment? I am already on oral minoxidil 2.5 twice a day but if more minoxidil at the hair will improve growth then I'm up for it. If it makes no difference or worse messes up my hair growth cycles then I'll just avoid. Thanks everybody.

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
dont bother, closest to cure with non experimental treatments is duta/OM/microneedling + hair transplant

any extra ingredients like tret/az acid and such might help you sulfate minoxidil better but if you are already doing it orally its pointless since your liver will

about adding topical minoxidil on top, if you are microneedling it might be worth it, since all studies that proved its efficacy were using topical minoxidil (not oral). We dont have studies that show OM+needling efficacy sadly.

ladysmanfelpz

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh okay thanks. Should I go up on dose at least?

May be of interest to you as well, but I've heard about dutasteride scalp injections. May be worth looking into. I've only taking oral duta a few times and it felt like my prostate shrunk to a pea and overall just did not feel right. Will not do that again, but may be interested in an injection

jazz1

Reaction score
I been using Topical Finasteride since 2010 and maintained from Dr Lee Xandrox. I now use MAA, the United Kingdom sell basic Topical Finasteride with low minoxidil and over charge.

I buy mine from MAA in America they ship to most counties, my mixture contains:

15% Minoxidil
0.1% Finasteride
5% Azelaic Acid
0.25% Progesterone
0.025% Tretinoin
0.1% Hydcortisone

See the thread i created you can compound your own mixture,

Braylon

My Regimen
Reaction score
What would you suggest starting with? I started noticing my hair loss a while ago, but now I want to take some serious measures to prevent the hair from disappearing totally.
I did some reading, but I want a consistent plan and schedule of what I need to take, how much, and when to start this hair treatment process.
Those guys from Instagram post endless videos with hairline cures and stuff like that just to gain more followers. They need those videos to look as shocking and impressive as possible. Some of them even buy followers from famoid.com to make their accounts look more reliable. However, I would not trust anything they say.

Last edited: