dNovo new promissing player in the stemcell race

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They have the most impressive mouse pic I ever seen so far.
Looks very promising , its weird that we havent seen them around .

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The guy behind this company is no joke
Ernesto Lujan received his Ph.D. in Genetics from Stanford, and has published cutting edge research on regenerative medicine in Nature, Cell Stem Cell, and the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. His discovery of directly reprogramming skin into neural stem cells that successfully integrated in a live mouse brain was featured in the BBC. He has received awards from the National Science Foundation, Ford Foundation, and California Institute for Regenerative Medicine.

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Last edited:

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can see their company is no joke when there mouse results is better then tsuji and stemson combined

Yeah, the pic looks pretty damn good.

But what excites me the most is that this guy participated and co-published in very important recent studies on stem cell reprogramming. Those that cause a paradigm shift

Hopefully they can start clinical trials soon. Stemson is not going to have it so easy now

Here is one of his most groundbreaking work published to date:

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So they were founded in 2018 (same year os Stemson) yet as of today their website is just a one page marketing flyer stuffed with buzzwords with no material info about pretty much anything, like about how much they have raised (very little) or a team page, just some generic claims of having “Stanford, Caltech etc.” scientists working for them.

Am I going to be excited because they in their flyer website a mouse pic in a nice angle (marketing trick), in 2022? No, at least not yet

But even though my hopes are not up I’m cheering for the company and wish them good luck. And hopefully they can start clinical trials soon.

Last edited:

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So they were founded in 2018 (same year os Stemson) yet as of today their website is just a one page marketing flyer stuffed with buzzwords with no material info about pretty much anything, like about how much they have raised (very little) or a team page, just some generic claims of having “Stanford, Caltech etc.” scientists working for them.

Am I going to be excited because they in their flyer website a mouse pic in a nice angle (marketing trick), in 2022? No, at least not yet

But even though my hopes are not up I’m cheering for the company and wish them good luck. And hopefully they can start clinical trials soon.
everyone knows the most important thing when you are doing biotech research is having a sparkly pop science website much like samumed or replicel who did very solid and successful science. the history of published papers e.g mewns nothing, we presence is what its all about

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
everyone knows the most important thing when you are doing biotech research is having a sparkly pop science website much like samumed or replicel who did very solid and successful science. the history of published papers e.g mewns nothing, we presence is what its all about
This.

Website with buzzwords in neon blue, no before after pictures and a penny stock listing/5b€ valuation or it ain't worth my time

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score

They went through Y combinator, so they've raised exactly 500k excluding any earlier angel rounds. The founder is under 30 and a duel phd standford/harvard in cellular genetics, so yes they have "Standford scientists working for them". It looks like this company was spun out of his post-doctoral research thesis.

This is the kind of guy that should be trying to cure cancer but instead got entrepreneurial and decided to cure hairloss to get rich, yet you guys would rather whine about how the website looks and about mouse pictures then even take a second to do any research. The website launch probably corresponds with them looking to raise a follow up round of venture funding for trials, so expect that to be announced this year.

Last edited:

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the kind of guy that should be trying to cure cancer but instead got entrepreneurial and decided to cure hairloss to get rich, yet you guys would rather whine about how the website looks and about mouse pictures then even take a second to do any research. The website launch probably corresponds with them looking to raise a follow up round of venture funding for trials, so expect that to be announced this year

Lol, couldnt agree more..

Anyway, i came across with this article. Its really interesting given one of HM companies biggest obstacle to date has been to reliable differenciate dp cells without losing their original hf inducting capabilities.

Last edited:

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They went through Y combinator, so they've raised exactly 500k excluding any earlier angel rounds. The founder is under 30 and a duel phd standford/harvard in cellular genetics, so yes they have "Standford scientists working for them". It looks like this company was spun out of his post-doctoral research thesis.

This is the kind of guy that should be trying to cure cancer but instead got entrepreneurial and decided to cure hairloss to get rich, yet you guys would rather whine about how the website looks and about mouse pictures then even take a second to do any research. The website launch probably corresponds with them looking to raise a follow up round of venture funding for trials, so expect that to be announced this year.
Well let's hope for all our follicles sake that this Stanford-entrepreneur doesn't follow in the same footsteps as his alumni and end up with a conviction for criminal conspiracy and wire fraud on his road to getting rich.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well let's hope for all our follicles sake that this Stanford-entrepreneur doesn't follow in the same footsteps as his alumni and end up with a conviction for criminal conspiracy and wire fraud on his road to getting rich.
Someone should look up the correlation between Stanford scientists and the urge to commit felonies, must be high at this point.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Y Combinator funded + exceptionally talented and credible team of executive doesnt mean they will cure your hairloss. But, they definitely know what theyre doing (No shade, but muchhh better than our hairlosstalk geniuses), and it seems like theyve already made substantial contributions to hairloss research. Cant complain about another good company to keep an eye on. Some of yall asking too much :rolleyes:

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The fact that they have been through YC and probably got some seed funding is good and all (even though AFAIK the YC partners have next to none experience in the biotech sector), but I couldn’t care less about the mouse pic some people are drooling over here.

Cmon people, researchers have been able to grow hair on mice for more than 2 decades now. That pic shouldn’t impress anyone in 2022.

Last edited:

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Human Hair Stem Cells Generated Using dNovo’s Proprietary Direct Reprogramming Technology (Patent-Pending)

Our first objective was to generate personalized hair stem cells using our direct reprogramming technology. In 2019, we were successful in putting together our direct reprogramming system to generate human hair stem cells (patent pending). These reprogrammed human cells successfully reactivated the genetic circuitry of native hair stem cells. They also performed biochemically as expected of native hair stem cells. After demonstrating this breakthrough, we sought to validate the functionality of our newly reprogrammed human hair stem cells.

Human Dermal Papilla Cells Generated Using dNovo’s Proprietary Direct Reprogramming Technology (Patent-Pending)

Dermal papilla cells are another important component of the hair follicle. These cells serve as the signaling center for hair stem cells and promote robust hair growth. In certain cases where the entire hair follicle is depleted, dermal papilla cells are also lost, and so we sought to generate these cells with our direct reprogramming technology. We have now successfully developed the reprogramming system to generate these human dermal papilla cells (patent pending). Our reprogrammed dermal papilla cells successfully reactivate the native genetic circuitry and perform biochemically as expected of human dermal papilla cells.

So, they have 2 patents. How long it will take to approve patents to some biomedical company? Like I see they are waiting to approve their patent from Q3 2019.