Diy Topical Finasteride Need An Advice

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm going to dump finasteride tablets on minoxidil solution, I don't know if it would work, but I'm going to try it anyway, so I want to ask if anyone have an advice!

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
f*** you, anyway I dumbed 7 tablets of finasteride on 60ml minoxidil I felt some dizziness after applying minoxidil I don't know if that was normal, and I will see if it works after one month.

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lmao you noob buy finasteride powder like the rest of us or at least crush you tablets before putting them in minoxidil
I can't buy finasteride powder it's illegal to buy any drug without permission of pharma administration, I crushed the tablets, the reason I did this, is I'm one week on oral finasteride and I'm already have side effects, usually the side effects show up at least after one month.

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Topical at the right dosage could be a good idea.
Just dont do it yourself and use a different lotion for minoxidil.
If you discontinue 1mg/die because of side effects make sure to get a solution of no more than 0,005/008 % finasteride

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Topical at the right dosage could be a good idea.
Just dont do it yourself and use a different lotion for minoxidil.
If you discontinue 1mg/die because of side effects make sure to get a solution of no more than 0,005/008 % finasteride

How can I get that dose I crushed 7 5% finasteride tablets on 60 ml minoxidil, today I feel side effects is less than yesterday after I stopped the oral for two days but I don't know if it would work for my hair, but I will try.

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Idk I will try it next time I will try to get powder finasteride, and try to get the right dose, side effects is the first reason for quitting oral finasteride many times, and it works very good for my hair last time I grow hair in just two months.

baldingviking

My Regimen
Reaction score
Idk I will try it next time I will try to get powder finasteride, and try to get the right dose, side effects is the first reason for quitting oral finasteride many times, and it works very good for my hair last time I grow hair in just two months.
How long did you stay on oral finasteride before sides?

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How can I get that dose I crushed 7 5% finasteride tablets on 60 ml minoxidil, today I feel side effects is less than yesterday after I stopped the oral for two days but I don't know if it would work for my hair, but I will try.

if you discontinued oral finasteride for side effects, there's no point in homemade topic solution, because the dosage has to be precise and under flat line response.
you have to get a prescription for topical finasteride (without minoxidil, if i may say) solution at 0,005%, get 2ml daily, wait at least 10 months before checking

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.3109/09546639709160517

just a thought

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
if you discontinued oral finasteride for side effects, there's no point in homemade topic solution, because the dosage has to be precise and under flat line response.
you have to get a prescription for topical finasteride (without minoxidil, if i may say) solution at 0,005%, get 2ml daily, wait at least 10 months before checking

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.3109/09546639709160517

just a thought
Now the side is almost subsided, I have been on finasteride for many times but I never got a very bad sides like that in a short time, does the brand makes a difference?

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Now the side is almost subsided, I have been on finasteride for many times but I never got a very bad sides like that in a short time, does the brand makes a difference?
Difficult to say, but would put my two cents on accumulation and aromatase enzyme response
For some people it takes weeks, for some months or several years, some didnt even bother

brzchem

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been use it with some success... 30yr old, slow burner with diffuse thinning (NW2 hairline).
I found out that 30 drops of solution is the ideal volume to apply on scalp, see below:

1 ml - 20 drops
1.5 ml - 30 drops; target

daily dosage of 0.50 mg fina (0.05%)
solution good for 1 month (30 days)
volume = 1.5 ml * 30 = 45ml

composition 40% ethanol, 60% water + finasteride powder (crushed pills)

1.5 ml - 0.50 mg
45 ml - x
x = 45*0.5/1.5 = 15 mg

take 3 5mg pills, crush it and mix into the solution.

if you want a different dosage just follow the same template
avoid making solutions for longer than a month, can lose efficacy

you're welcome

brzchem

My Regimen
Reaction score
I never tried that but I guess it all depends on your goal..

The whole idea of topical finasteride is to avoid, or at least reduce side effects - systemic absorption is lesser with topical. At least my blood exams confirmed some 20-25% reduction in dht compared to 70% in oral.

Since duta has a stronger effect on DHT, if it goes systemic, even in smaller doses, it has the potential to cause more side effects compared to fina.

I'd suggest to try finasteride first and see if it works for you. If you're not worried about side effects just take oral which is less clumsy.