DIY PRP (clinic prepares the serum for you)

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I find this interesting. We KNOW that the large majority of studies on PRP report positive results. I know that the surgeons I spoke with in Europe they told me it would be good if I do PRP in the US after a hair transplant (not at their clinic, so no monetary benefit for them)...

Now Imagine you can do PRP on a regular basis.... from the "comfort" of your own home ... once every couple of weeks...

Redgate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't you have to go to the clinic to give your blood anyway?
There have been a few people in this forum doing DIY PRP throughout the years and preparing their own serum. You can get a PRP centrifuge machine for a few hundred dollars.

That said, I don't think it's worth the hassle in any form (at the clinic, DIY w/clinic serum or fully DIY)

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
PRP was proven not to work anyway. There was a massive study last year or year before and f*** all people regrew.

If PRP was legit we’d all be full-heads. Right?!?

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Numerous respected scientific journals have shown it works. Surgeons recommend you do it (at another clinic) after hair transplant tells you where the scientific community is on this. Quite impressive that almost all studies show positive signs.

HOWEVER, you are right, the success stories on here from PRP are limited. But how many people do PRP on here?
Another site where the talk is only on hair transplant people do it more often and I see better reviews of it.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Numerous respected scientific journals have shown it works. Surgeons recommend you do it (at another clinic) after hair transplant tells you where the scientific community is on this. Quite impressive that almost all studies show positive signs.
Not all studies. Like I said the last study I saw said the results were no different to placebo group.
HOWEVER, you are right, the success stories on here from PRP are limited. But how many people do PRP on here?

Another site where the talk is only on hair transplant people do it more often and I see better reviews of it.
There’s no way of knowing whether community members are having success because of dutasteride, Min, or finasteride or something else.

I had PRP after a hair transplant from Jerry Cooley. No evidence that it did anything for my hair.

User707

My Regimen
Reaction score
What about PRF. Platlet rich fibrin which is a new better version of PRP, It is slower realeasing and 4 times more potent..

carsonjz

My Regimen
Reaction score
What about PRF. Platlet rich fibrin which is a new better version of PRP, It is slower realeasing and 4 times more potent..

Can you link, or point us in the right direction, for what study you're referring to?

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
PRP is being used mostly after Hair Transplants in top caliber surgeon places. It is supposed to help reach better survavility of the transplanted follicles and a speedier recovery.

Out of that, I would say its pretty useless for balding overall. You would rather just microneedle with some solution instead of needles and paying a fortune for your own blood.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol just noticed WRassman updates his 1998 html style blog literally everyday for years and no one seems to read it or comment it. He's the literal boomer gigachad.

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
4 times 0 still equals 0...

1653923752481.png

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol just noticed WRassman updates his 1998 html style blog literally everyday for years and no one seems to read it or comment it. He's the literal boomer gigachad.
Get lost noob jerk.

His blog has been providing answers and research SINCE 1998. And douch bags like you just winge like a b-arch and contribute nothing.

I hope you loose all your hair.

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Get lost noob jerk.

His blog has been providing answers and research SINCE 1998. And douch bags like you just winge like a b-arch and contribute nothing.

I hope you loose all your hair.
I literally said he is a gigachad for doing that. Maybe learn to read.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
I literally said he is a gigachad for doing that. Maybe learn to read.
Chads are bad no? And you have definitely been doing lots of complaining/ whiney posts on this site for somebody who’s new here.

I take back what I said about loosing hair. But bro nobody likes men who whinge.