DIY FOLLICA PICS, TEST MADE IN HOUSE.

Jake_89

Established Member
Reaction score
Dario said:
YoungGuy18 said:
bobs said:
next 2-3 years isn't impossible no.

However, after the ICX failure I'm very reluctant to give into such big hopes but things are indeed moving forward.

How did ICX fail? It seems good. Please fill me in.

But gosh guys. I pray Follica pulls through within the next 2-3 years. I think 2-3 year time frame is incredibly optimistic, but if it comes in this timeframe it will literally save my life in very many ways. I will be able to get any girl I want. :)

Oh wait, if Follica's hair regeneration works, can guys get their old teenage hairline back with original density or will it only be limited?

If they can grow hairs anywhere on the skin...then your teenage hairline should be possible. But, how will that new hair grow, in which direction? It would look funny if they all grew perpendicular...

Who gives a sh*t! Haha I am sure anyone would give up the pills and oils and start buying Hair Gel to make hair point whichever way they want :p

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
Jake_89 said:
Who gives a sh*t! Haha I am sure anyone would give up the pills and oils and start buying Hair Gel to make hair point whichever way they want :p

But I hate Hair Gel! :mrgreen:

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm ready for another test. This time I've got water-soluble Milk Thistle extract to attempt to recreate Baccy's experiment. I'll be taking before and after photos to document whatever does or doesn't happen.

I'm a diffuse thinner, and since I'm not feeling so lucky that I'm willing to depilate my whole head, I'm going to try it on my receding temples and crown (where I'm developing a very thin spot).

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
jakeb said:
Well, I'm ready for another test. This time I've got water-soluble Milk Thistle extract to attempt to recreate Baccy's experiment. I'll be taking before and after photos to document whatever does or doesn't happen.

I'm a diffuse thinner, and since I'm not feeling so lucky that I'm willing to depilate my whole head, I'm going to try it on my receding temples and crown (where I'm developing a very thin spot).

Good luck jakeb!
Where will you post these photos?

superhl

Reaction score
I want to try again. The only problem I have is washing my hair. I hate oily hair and currently wash my hair with nizoral daily. The last time I did not wax and remove any hairs. I just sand papered and waited three days and applied lithium and DMSO. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
If there's anything worth showing (and of course there will be :ermm: ), I'll post them here in this thread.

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, I just scraped the everlasting f*** out of my temples and hairline. Decided not to touch the crown this go around. Mixed up some silymarin, propylene glycol, and water. We'll see how it goes.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It is sad to see people buying into this.. I thought you were all a bit smarter. :whistle:

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
Why do you feel like it's not something worth testing? Seems like the most promising experimental thing we've got at the moment.

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I agree.

Honestly, at this point, after getting pretty much NO information at all about the progress of Intercytex TRC Phase II trials, I am tired of the formal testing process imposed by the FDA and other similar entities abroad. I know, the point is to prevent some really really bad things from happening, like developing cancer by injecting cells into the skin. But dammit, it is taking SO LONG for things to happen here. I think it is great if people want to experiment on their own.

Hell, I am tempted to get a degree in chemical engineering and/or biology, so that I can try different things on my own, on my OWN scalp! I wonder if I could earn those degrees faster than Follica or Intercytex or Androscience or Aderans ever come out with anything new to supplement or better Finasteride or minoxidil or any other hair loss "solutions" currently on the market.

I'm just sick and tired of being in the dark for so long, waiting for these companies to announce anything. If it only takes a few months for hair to grow, we should be hearing back from these guys in 3 to 5 months, not a full year! I would love to form a team of doctors and chemical engineers and biologists, and cut up my own scalp to perform our own experiments. How hard is it to remove and cultivate/multiply dermal papilla cells? I find it hard to believe that Intercytex is the ONLY company that can accomplish this. Just an example.

Peace.

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, wanted to give an update with my previous experiment: Absolutely nothing happened. Nothing, nothing at all.

I haven't given up though. I'm ready for another go, this time using sandpaper rather than TCA peel. In the end, the peel I did was not particularly deep. The skin dried and flaked off without fanfare and made me wonder if I was wounding to the degree that I needed. Others talked of "fibrin crusts". I surely didn't see one of those.

So without further ado, trial 2:

180 grit sandpaper, temples sanded until pink and a few tiny spots show pinpoint bleeding.
Wait until crust forms
Apply Milk Thistle topical AND Retin-A
Cross fingers

Tdevil

Established Member
Reaction score
First off, I'm not sure I follow what's going on here. All I saw in the pic was a gigantic bald head.

......And are you guys taking SANDPAPER to your heads??! :freaked: I must say I commend your bravery.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Jaked, bravo for your initiation!I wish I can do it myself but I am in the Army and they will probably charge my *** for doing that! Anyways, why don't you try Acell instead of your own Follica homemade brew to get better results??

http://www.acell.com/vetcases/chadwick.html

http://www.acell.com/vetcases/fancy.html

http://www.acell.com/vetcases/lucille.html

http://www.acell.com/vetcases/twinkie.html

The stuff is readily available and cheap.

ACell, Inc. offers the next generation of regenerative medicine through the development, manufacture and marketing of unique extracellular matrix (ECM) products.

They are going into trials with humans right now .(Deployed soldiers) and having success.

The only thing that I am afraid of is the dermabrasion step. You need the right tool and need to be done professionally or gonna end up with no results or scars which suck ***.

The stuff look really promising.

I am out in the field myself on a Military Exercise for 2 weeks so won't be able to work on the project.. no Internet Access. Keep Open Minded and f*** the haters!

Cheers!

Fred :firing:

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

I have to say that the sandpaper is less scary than it sounds. This is the really, really fine grit sandpaper. The kind you'd use to finish a paint job and barely feels scratchy at first touch. I had to "sand" maybe 30-40 times back and forth until the skin even turned pink.

I really would like to try Acell, but I haven't figured out how to get ahold of it. Seems like they require you to be a veterinarian to order the stuff.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Just comeback from my military exercise. I am going to work on that project. I am going to get in contact with Acell to get the stuff. Will post prices and how to get it later.

Fred

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Here is 3 companies that we have to investigate also! Offering similar products.

RegeneRx Biopharmaceuticals Inc.
BioSurface Engineering Technologies Inc.
BioElectronics Corp.

Petchsky

Reaction score
back from manuveres Squeegee. Be interesting to see how you get on with this...i guess a history of self harm would actually be helpful here!

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I am still wondering if you are oblige to go with dermabrasion.. maybe a good needle roller can do the job also. I am working also on a good dermabrasion technique ( Tool, How deep you have to go...)which is the big deal about the surgery!! do not want to end up with scars... maybe a pain in the *** but when you think about it it is a restart from zero. New hair follicle new everything.. get rid of minoxidil and finasteride. I don't mind giving a try but I need the right tools for the right job. I will start with a temple which I can hide with my curly hair.

Fred