DIY FOLLICA PICS, TEST MADE IN HOUSE.

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
Can someone direct me to or embed exactly what those are doing that are reporting success.
Please be clear and concise.

Naltima

Established Member
Reaction score
chancer said:
its not that,.... its this...

if like baccy your totally bald up top, a normal camera is only going to show a smooth bald head, it wont pick up any few follicles that my be up there... now as bloody exciting has his sucess is... what he has taken WOULDNT show up on a normal camera... so he got himself a top quality cam, becuase he knew he could feel the new hair, but normal cam wouldnt pic it up... its amazing results but it certenly isnt a full head of new hair... so im sure he could show us a hundred before pics on a normal camera of him bald... but would it prove that those hair follicle wasnt there to begin with??? no, becuase he didnt have such a powerfull cam to disprove it.... he didnt think he would get the results he has, so why spend hundreds on the state of the art profesional cam just to take a pic of something he never wants to see... his bald head.

Well I guess if you consider a 3.2 megapixel, $120 camera to be state of the art, then sure.

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
I have personally tested out all sorts of crazy sh*t, but I've never taken a "before" picture. Though I know I should.

I think the reasoning is... I'm not doing this for anyone else, primarily... I just want more hair! But if any of my experiments were to work, I'd be kicking myself for not taking the photos.

I'll surely take some before I attempt to replicate what Baccy has done.

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
For those having trouble with hairsite's navigation: here's the post where he explains what he did exactly:

It wasn't very scientific with the measures etc.

I sanded my head quite heavily but wasn't really satified with the damage. So I put 30% glycolic acid peel on top of the sanded skin and left on for 5 minutes. I left the skin to epithelize for 3 days and then applied quercetin, lithium, caffeine and dmso in a alpha lipoic acid cream. I applied that all over the scalp twice daily. After a couple of days of this I found information on the internet that stated that quercetin inhibited wnt signaling AS WELL AS EGF. Well as you know, we need wnt UPREGULATING so I class the first couple of days as an error. I then transferred to milk-thistle extract as the EGF inhibitor and ditched the quercetin. I made a fresh topical mixed into emu oil.
After applying the topical for about 11 days (Day 14 post wounding) I stopped the EGF inhibition topical and transferred to minoxidil with caffeine and lithium dissolved in dmso mixed into the bottle of minoxidil. I also began to use copper peptides. Most recently, I'm using benadryl cream once or twice a day too.
Not very scientific I'm afraid and I can't even remember how many capsules of each substance I used as it was all guesses. I don't think the amount is THAT important.
Search back to July posts and you'll find a lot of info on what I did as I was doing it.

The next experiment, I will depilate first and then wait 3 days. Whilst waiting, I will begin EGF inhibition with tannic acid so EGF is inhibited DURING epithelization. I still plan on using lithium orotate and caffeine with dmso and emu oil. Tannic acid amount has to be kept low (around 1%) as pure tannic acid is toxic to the liver. Therefore, the amount of dmso must be kept low too so as not to get too much absorption. The next experiment will probably be about 17th or 18th Sept as I'm waiting for the tannic acid. The company messed up my order once and so it's been delayed.

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that.

so wnt signaling method should only be used after 14 days of EGF inhibition?

There are some who are using the lithium immediately after wounding. Does that make a difference?

abcdefg

Reaction score
What exactly does this picture of this balding mans head show us? That he has tiny miniaturized hairs that no treatment as of today can regrow? I didnt see one terminal hair on his head and isnt that the whole point? All of his head didnt even regrow the tiny hairs either. Maybe i just dont see what everyone is so excited about.

bobs

Established Member
Reaction score
just do like I do, pretend you see them and keep being happy that way.

nah but seriously, what makes you say they are tiny miniaturized? You can't see that as of yet.

What people, and myself included, get so excited about is that he actually grew something at all and remember, he was SLICK bald and has been for about 20 or more years if I am not mistaken.

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
Exactly. We've been putting all sorts of crazy things on our heads for years and nothing seems to make a difference. The fact that some guy without that much scientific knowledge can kind of half-heartedly follow a patent and get results at all is exciting because A: Follica may really be onto something, B: after more experimentation, we may be able to get passable results on our own.

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
Noobie said:
http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-38660-page-0-category-1-order-last_answer-descasc-DESC.html

Wow..impressive. Totally new hair!
Now all that it's needed here is density and thickness.

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This pictures tell as A LOT.

First of all they are real because hes natural hair is white while the new hair is black (as expected)

Secondly an amateur with only a few of the ingredients of the patent, not immuno-surpressed (which MB says is a MAJOR factor) and only a hint of the procedure and no medical specially designed equipment, GREW new hair!!!

I know seriously believe that if Follica procedure doesnt have a serious safety issue will be one optional cure for baldness.

Michael barry i cant wait for you to comment on these pictures and how well the follica's patent was followed. (what was missing etc)

bobs

Established Member
Reaction score
Yea Baccy is really going in strong. And in fact he has a lot of variables, a lot! Tweaking them is of great interest and he is as you pointed out, leaving his immune system in peace. We KNOW how much hair can grow when the immune system is tweaked low but that is really risky business.

I'm really excited about what he is doing, at least we know there is something to it. He seems very focused, I wouldn't be too surprised to see even BETTER results in the coming months.

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm still curious...these "thick" hairs at the front....they were not there before the treatment, right?

bobs

Established Member
Reaction score
He claims to be, or have been :), a nw7 so no hairs in front. I trust his claim.

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
If so...then we could have possible "cure" in next 2-3 years...
I even wouldn't wonder to see it sometime in the next year...

bobs

Established Member
Reaction score
next 2-3 years isn't impossible no.

However, after the ICX failure I'm very reluctant to give into such big hopes but things are indeed moving forward.

Jake_89

Established Member
Reaction score
This may be the wrong thread

But could somebody PLEASE explain to me in simple terms what Follica is all about? From what I understand its a process of growing NEW hair follicles?

Anymore details about this or link me to some resourches, in the mean time i am going to continue researching.

YoungGuy18

Reaction score
bobs said:

However, after the ICX failure I'm very reluctant to give into such big hopes but things are indeed moving forward.

How did ICX fail? It seems good. Please fill me in.

But gosh guys. I pray Follica pulls through within the next 2-3 years. I think 2-3 year time frame is incredibly optimistic, but if it comes in this timeframe it will literally save my life in very many ways. I will be able to get any girl I want. :)

Oh wait, if Follica's hair regeneration works, can guys get their old teenage hairline back with original density or will it only be limited?

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
YoungGuy18 said:
bobs said:

How did ICX fail? It seems good. Please fill me in.

But gosh guys. I pray Follica pulls through within the next 2-3 years. I think 2-3 year time frame is incredibly optimistic, but if it comes in this timeframe it will literally save my life in very many ways. I will be able to get any girl I want. :)

Oh wait, if Follica's hair regeneration works, can guys get their old teenage hairline back with original density or will it only be limited?

If they can grow hairs anywhere on the skin...then your teenage hairline should be possible. But, how will that new hair grow, in which direction? It would look funny if they all grew perpendicular...