DIRTRIDER67 5 month update w/pic added more pics

dirtrider67

Established Member
Reaction score
well, it's been a little over 5 months since my 1471 folliculuar units strip procedure with dr garbut and all is great. i'm not really classified as being bald anymore. noone refers to me as " that bald guy" any longer. i am very very happy with my results and am amazed at how much growth i have. it's absolutely amazing!

on sat feb 3rd i had my 40th birthday bash and the compliments were over whelming. i had about 50 friends and family show up and everyone who knows me is truely amazed at how young and how different i look. most of the people know i got the procedure and some didn't know. regardless, they all thought i looked much younger. and my my wife just goes on and on about how good i look. she even told a friend that it's like having a new mate. she say's i walk taller and walk prouder and have much more confidence. i didn't really notice it but i guess i do.

i will post new pics as soon as i can. for some reason, this site is crawling lately and i can't even log in half the time. any computer experts out there to help me speed my computer up?

5months014.jpg

here are some pics with my hair wet and combed back.
5monthswet003.jpg

5monthswet004.jpg

5monthswet008.jpg

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Format it.

But if you don't want to do that, do a system restore (search for this file) and restore your computer to a date when it worked properly.

Do a disk-cleanup (and delete your restore points if your computer is running properly)

Then download an anti-virus program. I recommend avast. Get it from http://www.download.com

dirtrider67

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks F C for the tips but it's only this site that drags. when i had ao snail i had no problems viewing this site.

anyway, i got the 5 moth pic up.

G

what Norwood would you guys say he is now assuming that thickens up a bit? NW3? He looked like he was NW5 or above before so not a bad job for 1500 grafts. Another 2000 or so and you should have a super thick NW2, dirtrider. make sure to stay on the proscar.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Norwood 2 - 2.5 it looks great. :)

dirtrider67

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks guys. i'm happy with where it is at my over the hill age of 40. LOL. i caught my wife stairing at me again last night and we had a long conversation about my hair transplant and she says that it was money well spent. i have to agree with that myself. she also said that it has noticeably thickened up and in between the thick hairs are some of those wirery hairs. so at 5 months, i believe that there is still more growth to come. i am just amazed at how much growth i have thus far. simply amazing! the only bummer part is now i have to spend a few more minutes in front of the mirror in the morning. i used to just be able to wake up and run. now i gotta work on the hair. LOL. and talk about those "BAD HAIR DAYS" LOL.

and yes, i will stick with the proscar. so far, it doesn't seem to be doing anything for me in the vertex area but it's only been 4 months for the proscar so i will stick it out.

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Amazing results! Congratulations, enjoy your life with hair :)

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DR,

You improved alot over the last 1.5 months! It looks fuller. It probably looks even better in person away from the harsh lighting that is brutal to all heads balding and non balding. You can use different styles now. Ie: ceasar, spiked and slick back. More growth coming my brother! 8)

dirtrider67

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah, it really does look better in person. to me, it looks nothing like the pics. in the pics, my forehead looks huge but my new hairline is less than 3" from my brow. plus, my hair looks way fuller in person. regardless, it's a million times better than it's been in over 20 years. i am stoked!

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
When it's all said and done, that's all that matters...your happiness! 8)

dirtrider67

Established Member
Reaction score
here is a before pic. note that i made those dots to try and get a rough idea of what it might look like. i honestly have to say that my hair transplant looks way better than i could have ever imagined. even when i tell people that i had a hair transplant, they still don't believe it. everyone says it looks totaly natural. all i can really say anymore is that it's one of the best things that i have ever done. anyone who's considering getting one, i say go for it. it will change your life!
before
4c2c8bc4.jpg

this pic was taken today 2/12/07
5monthsgelled013.jpg

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Dirtrider, for your friends that didn't know you got a hair transplant what did they think had happened?

dirtrider67

Established Member
Reaction score
hey shedmaster, most of my friends asked and i had em fooled for awhile saying that i was using propecia. for the most part, they were shocked and when i did finaly confess to some of them, they were still shocked that it looked so natural. i'm still shocked too when i look in the mirror and it especialy looks good in the car mirror. LOL.

NedFlanders

Established Member
Reaction score
All I can say is wow. From where you are now to where you were before is truely a great improvement. Gives me a little hope. Your at the 5 month mark correct? Do you expect it to thicken anymore?

G

dirtrider,

do you expect the front to thicken up any more? i ask because it looks relatively low density although still loads better than what you had before.

dirtrider67

Established Member
Reaction score
i most likely will not get a second procedure. i'm only at 5 1/2 months and from what gillenator says, i won't know the full results until 14 months. it should still thicken too. it looks a lot thicker in person and even if it doesn't get thicker and grow more, i am happy with my results. i'm 40 years old so a thinning look is acceptible to me. i'll keep the pics comming once a month for the 14 month duration. anyone in southern california want to see it in person then pm me and we can arrange something.