Dire Need Of A Suggestion Oh Please

hopeforhappiness

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello first post. Consistent lurker for little over 6 months now which is right when my hair loss became aggressive. I'm 26 and until mid September I was nw2 with good density. In just six months I have very rapidly become a diffuse nw3. No signs of hair loss before then; only mild recession at a snails pace. Now I can no longer style my hair.

I need suggestions on how to approach androgen receptors and DHT.

I cannot take finasteride. I took 1 mg ed for a week in December and I had severe sexual sides for 6 weeks. In late Feb I got the courage to micro dose finasteride for 2 weeks (very very small doses) and I am STILL trying to recover from the sexual sides.

Ive been using minoxidil liquid 2ml a day with a dermaroller for 3 weeks. From September to mid January I shed easily 200 - 400 hairs a day. Shedding slowed a bit until mid February it was back but slowed back down mid March. Since starting minoxidil shedding is back up but I pray it is the minoxidil working. Though I do not know!!

After reading about the recent estrogen threads I think Im gonna give estriol a go on my hair line though I dont know when to apply so that it does not interfere with daily/nightly minoxidil app.

Is anyone still using RU with any success ? Is there still a reliable source ? Is there ANYTHING else anyone can suggest to combat DHT considering I'm still trying to recover from finasteride ? Any suggestion is appreciated as this has completely changed my life and I'm worried the minoxidil hair may never be coming back. That's not to mention the insane amounts of hair I lost in the 6 months prior. I feel weary about jumping into treatments without knowing if I will ever even fully recover from side effects.

hopeforhappiness

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Being my first post I hope I didn't start this thread in the wrong place ? Anyone have any ideas ?

Mushu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is actually the right section, but you'll get more feedback in general hairloss section. Sharing before/after pictures and more detailed description of your sides would help. You probably want to check in with a derm and get some tests done. Perhaps you're already low on dht. I too experienced minor sides on finasteride that are tolerable but seems to have gone away 6 months in. I rode it out. Then again my local Costco switched generic brands and the timing lines up of when the sides practically went away.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Post before and after pics, nobody can help you without them.