What is worse diffusing or receding

• Diffusing

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • Receding

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

Baldingat188

Reaction score
What do you guys think are the pros / cons of each relative to each other?

It seems like receding is easier to do a hair transplant with and with good density you can maintain a good style. I have seen some people say that diffusers respond to meds better but I am not sure if this is true?

Would you say diffusion usually leads to full on baldness ( espically if it starts at a young age) where as receding often stops at a certain point and leaves you with a lot of hair?

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Receding. Diffuse is way easier to cover cause all you need to do is style your hair up and maybe being tall enough.

Receding has an easier time on hair transplants. I dislike this option but I guess there's that.

Jesse Navarro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe receding gives you more time, because people, especially women, don't usually see receding as balding. You can live unnoticed as a norwood 2 and 3, if you don't lose the front.

Bigbone

Established Member
Reaction score
Diffusing seems to be a sign of aggressive hair loss. Diffuse thinning also seems to be more common among young hair loss sufferers. Early diffuse thinning is better though, easier to hide.

Other than that I would rather struggle with recession, there's actually a possibility you'll only end up as a NW3-4 while diffuse thinning won't stop. Hair transplant is an option too with recession, that's a huge plus.

Raphael13

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Depends on the receding. Receding is normal and something most men will experience - without going bald. If we are talking about a hairline that is slowly working it's way upwards than it's no big deal, but if we are talking about receding like Jude Law, then it's a different matter.

Baldingat188

Reaction score
Diffusing seems to be a sign of aggressive hair loss. Diffuse thinning also seems to be more common among young hair loss sufferers. Early diffuse thinning is better though, easier to hide.

Other than that I would rather struggle with recession, there's actually a possibility you'll only end up as a NW3-4 while diffuse thinning won't stop. Hair transplant is an option too with recession, that's a huge plus.

I am young with diffuse thinning so am I basically screwed if I ever want to get a hair transplant ?

SimonC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am young with diffuse thinning so am I basically screwed if I ever want to get a hair transplant ?
I think it's more about time. When you have the recession you can buy 3-4 years of NW1 hairline until your front and crown will be fucked up.
Speaking about diffuse thinning, It's a bit worse. Since hair is thinning all over the head, hair transplant will not have such a good effect, because in any time there could appear more 'areas of balding' and you will be able to enjoy your hair a much less period of time.

I'm a young guy(21 y/o) with diffuse thinning as well, and it sucks. Some of my close friends already spotted that I have less hair.

As Jesse Navarro said, NW2 and NW3 could look pretty much solid and for many people (I would say 90%) you will not look like you are losing hair.

There are some thoughts that diffuse thinning is easier to treat, I hope so.

So, taking all the pros and cons. Diffuse thinning is worse for me.

Last edited:

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Density matters. Diffuse thinning is the worst if you have genetic average to low density and fine hair.