diffuse thinning at 16, what are my options?

Caillou

My Regimen
Reaction score
really? you wish it didn't exist? I mean I guess you could try HRT
You're so funny bro, maybe you should pursue a comedy career. You will be famous which might lead a low quality woman to feel sorry for you and give you a pity f*** before you go on a shooting spree xd

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
bro wtf is going on lately :oops: :oops: :oops:

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What’s new with you bro? How is your situation?
I can't tell to be honest, still trying to figure out a way to put my folliculitis on the ground once and for all. My hair looks decent and somewhat thicker since I started being more careful about it, but can't rock any hairstyle other than the infamous bowlcut. Wish I could spike it or rock a mohawk like I used to back in the day, but then people would see the gaps on my scalp

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't tell to be honest, still trying to figure out a way to put my folliculitis on the ground once and for all. My hair looks decent and somewhat thicker since I started being more careful about it, but can't rock any hairstyle other than the infamous bowlcut. Wish I could spike it or rock a mohawk like I used to back in the day, but then people would see the gaps on my scalp
What treatments are you on? What about concealer?

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What treatments are you on? What about concealer?
Not on any treatments. Actually, I was using BP 5% until last month, but decided to stop to see if it would return. Well, it did, but I realized that when it comes, it's always after eating bread or anything related to milk, so I cut it off lately. Not only did it stop my pimples, my face acne reduced significantly, so I can only assume my diet was taking a toll on this.

About the concealers, I might look into that. It's just that I'm afraid that if I put anything other than shampoo on my scalp I'll have break outs again.

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
okay first off how bad is it? because some people think i’m fine but idkso yer. and i’m not really into medication to save hair tbh since i believe it can mess up dht at a young age. and the other sh*t doesn’t work. so idk what to do, should i shave it?
I have a similar problem to you but mine is in the right vertex mainly. Do you think a stressful event may have caused your large part in your hair? If you have a good beard you could discuss using those grafts to fill in the gap. Your problem seems easier to target than mine, so perhaps surgery could work for you. My area of concern is diffuse within the right vertex, so am having difficulty finding someone to remedy my situation with a transplant. I will tell you this, your concern is valid. Did you see a dermatologist or trichologist to evaluate the problem? Definitely I would suggest you see a scarring alopecia expert as the dermatologists and trichologists didn't seem to notice anything with me other than male pattern baldness. Given my symptoms I'm almost positive I have scarring alopecia. It's just that the biopsy aspect of evaluation is a turnoff. Even with biopsy they often are inaccurate. It's a shame as there is no perfect science to determining all hair loss conditions.

Last edited:

Zlatan

My Regimen
Reaction score
My friend, you might be thinning but it's difficult to say. Go to a dermatologist and ask for a dermoscopy. It will show you whether there is a beginning of miniaturisation or not.

It's pretty straightforward imho.

Alexander Shenton

My Regimen
Reaction score
i am balding pretty hard ngl to my self but hey it is what it is

Attachments

• B7E159E5-7E96-4E51-B9E8-2A2133B0961E.jpeg
    B7E159E5-7E96-4E51-B9E8-2A2133B0961E.jpeg
    53.3 KB · Views: 41
  • B3437EC7-7751-40F4-B449-04701CE1D6AE.jpeg
    B3437EC7-7751-40F4-B449-04701CE1D6AE.jpeg
    64.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 25EFB7F3-A2C4-4E58-94AC-3D34AE7EBC02.jpeg
    25EFB7F3-A2C4-4E58-94AC-3D34AE7EBC02.jpeg
    52.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 60B2AA95-7635-497B-A0EF-E6C3F978DDA4.png
    60B2AA95-7635-497B-A0EF-E6C3F978DDA4.png
    594.1 KB · Views: 43
  • C4E5421B-1F97-4F43-B803-3A48558A9D63.jpeg
    C4E5421B-1F97-4F43-B803-3A48558A9D63.jpeg
    58.2 KB · Views: 41
  • C5E72407-514A-4E82-80F9-A75C2DFE44A3.jpeg
    C5E72407-514A-4E82-80F9-A75C2DFE44A3.jpeg
    47.6 KB · Views: 49

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i’m not ever using meds to save hair, should i shave it
Nope, you have nice hair. Keep it long! I would use low level laser therapy, do scalp massages, take some vitamins if you're lacking anything. If no luck then consider platelet rich plasma and stem cell transfer. When did you first notice the thinning?

Alexander Shenton

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nope, you have nice hair. Keep it long! I would use low level laser therapy, do scalp massages, take some vitamins if you're lacking anything. If no luck then consider platelet rich plasma and stem cell transfer. When did you first notice the thinning?
not sure maybe two years ago, and nah f*** all that sh*t might as well shave