Diffuse Thinner / Receding Hairline - My Success So Far

Cambx

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello long time lurker here to show my progress so far with my fight against hair loss.

Noticed my hair was diffuse thinning and receding badly in 2017. when my hair was wet it was so upsetting to me, my hair has always been thick and wavy . so i took the plunge and went on finasteride at 0.25 for a few months then up to 0.5. i tried 1mg but didnt notice much difference so i stuck to 0.5. I also went on minoxidil after 5-7 months i think.. of just finasteride. started dermarolling also with a 1.5mm!

Ive had success so far but it isnt as as it was before the hairloss started. so im going to try avodart x3 a week and see how things go. ive been taking it for 2 weeks now!

Finasteride
Minoxidil - applied x1 a day
1.5mm dermaroller
Zinc
Biotin
Nizoral x2 a week
212123d-2.jpg

Last edited:

ButWhyTho

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks great man. You're a pretty fast responder. Is there a reason you're taking .5 finasteride instead of 1 mg? Is it to try to decrease side effects? Also what version of duta are you using? I've been thinking about adding it to my regiment. Been on finasteride for a couple years but its efficacy is running out... :(

Cambx

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks great man. You're a pretty fast responder. Is there a reason you're taking .5 finasteride instead of 1 mg? Is it to try to decrease side effects? Also what version of duta are you using? I've been thinking about adding it to my regiment. Been on finasteride for a couple years but its efficacy is running out... :(

i tried 1mg and didnt notice any difference from 0.5 thankfully not had side effects though! i think 0.5 worked fine on me but i want to see what avodart can do for me now.

i use avodart brand

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s the right section of the forum. This is a success story. I understand people always want more, but right now your situation is good to say the least. From my pov people should focus on the shedding first. If it’s under control then you have a good routine and you are moving In the right direction. Maybe dermaroller will boost the regrowth. Time will tell… I would keep duta as back up just In case shedding starts again, but hopefully you won’t need it anytime soon.

Cambx

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice improvement!!:)
I don't think you need to add anything else buddy!
What value do you put on Biotin??
I use 5000mcg im not sure if its helped at all. i started it at the beginning of my routine so ill just keep using it.

What gave you the most regrowth fina or min?
i would say finasteride helped the most with regrowth. now ive addded dermaroll with minoxidil it has helped with more regrowth i think

Do you believe that dermarolling helped?
yeah for sure! ive noticed its helped :D i copied somebodys routine on here. dermarolling before applying minoxidil. some days i cant be bothered dermarolling though

onceuponatime

My Regimen
Reaction score
i tried 1mg and didnt notice any difference from 0.5 thankfully not had side effects though! i think 0.5 worked fine on me but i want to see what avodart can do for me now.

i use avodart brand
How long did it take before you noticed a change from finasteride? I too am talking 0.5 mg finasteride and im on the 45th day, just waitin to see when i start gaining some thickness on top

abdelamine

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello long time lurker here to show my progress so far with my fight against hair loss.

Noticed my hair was diffuse thinning and receding badly in 2017. when my hair was wet it was so upsetting to me, my hair has always been thick and wavy . so i took the plunge and went on finasteride at 0.25 for a few months then up to 0.5. i tried 1mg but didnt notice much difference so i stuck to 0.5. I also went on minoxidil after 5-7 months i think.. of just finasteride. started dermarolling also with a 1.5mm!

Ive had success so far but it isnt as as it was before the hairloss started. so im going to try avodart x3 a week and see how things go. ive been taking it for 2 weeks now!

Finasteride
Minoxidil - applied x1 a day
1.5mm dermaroller
Zinc
Biotin
Nizoral x2 a weekView attachment 115003

Hello
Have you had any success since then ???
It has been 1 year

F.Coronilla

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

i use avodart brand

how is avodart doing? i change to x3 a week also, let me kwow thanks

F.Coronilla

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
May I ask you why you changed to three times a week? Was your DHT serum level still high?

never check my levels, just becouse i have been a long in finas almost 5 years, since i was ike 21/22 , and still loking worst my balding area, the vertex crown area, so i wanted to try something else, but with dutas, i have been 7 months, 3x a week and 4x finas a week, and not much improvement,

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
So you are randomly playing with AA to see what sticks to the wall. Sounds like fun. Keep us posted.

F.Coronilla

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So you are randomly playing with AA to see what sticks to the wall. Sounds like fun. Keep us posted.

AA?? what is that? what you recommend? i am not in my country so its hard, i am in vietnam
let me know your recomendation

thanks

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
AA?? what is that? what you recommend? i am not in my country so its hard, i am in vietnam
let me know your recomendation

thanks
AA means Anti Androgen.
It's medication that lets you keep your hair.
Finasteride & Dutasteride are the 2 most popular types of AA