Diffuse alopecia or something else?

TomSchulte

Reaction score
Hinterkopf 2.jpgHinterkopf und Nacken 1.jpgHinterkopf und Nacken 2.jpgHinterkopf und Nacken 3.jpgHinterkopf.jpgSeiten 1.jpgSeiten 2.jpgVon Vorne 2.jpg

Hello community,

my Name is Tom-Sebastian Schulte and I am from Germany. So I hope that my english is good enough so that you can understand me.

I'm 32 years old and my hair has thinned a lot at the vertex so that I can see my scalp. I have attached 9 photos. These photos are 2-3 weeks old. The hair density at the back of my head is about 2-3 times bigger than on my vertex. And the hair density above my ears is also much bigger than on my vertex.

Is it a subtle process over years. That would explain why the drain in my shower is not full of hairs every day. And my combs are not full of hairs, too.

8 years ago my hair density was much bigger than now.

My dad has relatively full hair and he is 67 years old. And the relatives of my mother had full hair until they were very old.

My hair was always thin, but my hair density was always very good everywhere on the head.

I think that I don't have a receding hairline, my main problem is that the hair density at the vertex is so low.

I have read a lot about alopecia androgenetica and DPA and DUPA and Ludwig-Scheme and Hamilton-Norwood-Scheme.

But my hair loss is minimal. I loose 10-20 hairs per day, not more.

Has anyone an explanation for me? Do I have DPA or DUPA or Ludwig-Scheme or anything else?

Is it normal that I loose 10-20 hairs per day only, but the hair density on my vertex is low?

I would be glad if someone would reply to my questions.

Feel free to ask if you have any more questions.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

TomSchulte

Reaction score
Von Vorne.jpg

Here is another photo of my hair and head.

Do you see any miniaturization on the photos?

Dresden Mai 2005 am Bauhaus-Museum.jpgDresden Mai 2005 am Fluss.jpgDresden Mai 2005 auf dem Markt.jpgSchwerin Juni 2004.jpgTom am Flughafen Venedig Juni 2006.jpgVenedig Juni 2006 draussen.jpgVenedig Juni 2006 im Cafe.jpg

Pictures that are 8-9 years old.

cenarius

Reaction score
Haha, what are the odds, I'm from witten too. I also never noticed much loss hair loss, but it's more important how much of your hair keeps growing/regrowing and not how much falls out.

TomSchulte

Reaction score
What do you think about my Pictures? Are you german? Bist du deutsch? Was hältst du von meinen Fotos? Ist das schon eine androgenetische Alopezie? Wie sieht dein Status aus?

Erzähair loss ruhig mal von dir und beurteile mal meine Fotos bitte, wenn du magst.

Ich habe auch bald einen Trichoscan, denkst du, das lohnt sich für mich?

cenarius

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm no expert, pretty new to this forum myself, dont wanna make false conclusions. If I had to guess, I would say yeah, this is male pattern baldness. But you still have a lot of hair, I would say my status is somewhat like it, maybe a bit worse. And yeah like I said i'm from witten too, so yes I'm german :p

TomSchulte

Reaction score
Hast du Fotos von deinem Haarstatus? Warst du schonmal beim Friseur Lübbert? Die bieten auch einen Trichoscan an.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
you have male pattern baldness and use the "big 3"

finasteride between .5mg-1.25mg daily
1ml liquid minoxidil 5% once or twice daily
nizoral 1 or 2% shampoo twice weekly (do not use this every day or it will ruin your hair)

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
You have diffuse alopecia. You have a combination of lower density and fine hair so when you start to lose density it will show much more than someone who has coarse wavy or curly hair.

TomSchulte

Reaction score
@DoctorHouse

Do you think that I have alopecia, or is my hair just fine and I have a low density?

You can see on the photos that are 8-9 years old, that my hair was of higher density some years ago.

Thanks in advance for the answer.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Tom in you last photo, you clearly have diffuse alopecia. You also have fine and hair and low density too. If I were in your shoes, I would be seeing a hair loss expert to start on finasteride. I started on finasteride with with less loss than you have.