Dieting Plan Tips

nomad

Established Member
Reaction score
I have seen alot of threads on diets and such, and was wondering what diets or meal plans are the most successfull for you guys. I am trying to get on a somewhat strict plan (not too hardcore) to lose about 15 pounds. I just want to slim down some and get kinda toned again. I have a workout that I religiously keep on these days, but can't seem to shed the excess chub from the beer belly. So, I did recently cut out BEER from my diet, it sucks but I think it will help. Any suggestions would be cool. Also, anyone here using GNC Mega Man?

Hey X, this might be one you could help out with!

Thanks guys,
Nomad

Stingray

Reaction score
Well, substitute an apple or something instead of liquid bread. Keep your protein intake moderate, carbs moderate, fat as low as you can get it. Make ABSOLUTLY sure that when you work out, you have a moderate salt intake. Salt is essential in retaining water when doing strenuous activity. And don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

You'll lose pounds in no time.

G

If you want to shed the 15 lbs fast, you can do the atkins diet. It works but few can stay on it for any great length of time.

You can lose the 15 in one month if you are rigorous and are working out.

Then move gently to a diet something like what is proposed above.

Good luck

mariejoe

Established Member
Reaction score
Atkins does work. I've lost 17 lbs. since the beginning of March. I'm kinda modifying it, so it's not strict Atkins. And I'm doing it slowly. It wouild be good if you could at least skim through Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution, or go to http://atkinscenter.com/index.html

If you diet to lose the 15 lbs. and then go back to all of your evil ways, the weight will return. Ya gotta change your eating habits to maintain your desired weight.

Good luck. :)

Stingray

Reaction score
Carbs = energy. Removing carbohydrates removes simple sugars from your bloodstream = no no.

Keep carbs LIMITED..do not remove them. You will end up in a hypoglycemic coma if you do.

Healthy Nick

Established Member
Reaction score
I should have said "simple carbs". Breads, pasta, potatos, and rice=bad. Complex carbs like fruits and vegetables are good.

mariejoe

Established Member
Reaction score
Limited carbs, yes. Very limited refined sugars. :evil:

Bread, rice, pasta, white potatoes=no,no. Many fruits should not be eaten, or sparingly, such as bananas. The best fruits: all berries, watermelon, avocados. Theses fruits have fiber, antioxidants and such. Some of the best veggies: broccoli, cauliflower, pea pods. :)

There is growing evidence that lowfat diets, especially with highly processed "low-fat" foods, is not the best way to lose pounds. Most low-fat foods are loaded with sugars in one form or another and are not good for you.

G

Stingray said:
Carbs = energy. Removing carbohydrates removes simple sugars from your bloodstream = no no.

Keep carbs LIMITED..do not remove them. You will end up in a hypoglycemic coma if you do.

Actually the atkins protocol allows some limited cards (20G a day) when trying to "induce" fat loss.

Later, you can add a bit. In practice, it is virtually impossible to ingest no carbs (technically zero carbs). The 20 is pretty low but doable even if you add some green veggies.

I supposed it is possible to get to coma from say, a pure liquid protein diet but I never heard of anyone gettng there while eating real food.

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
BruceLee said:
If you want to shed the 15 lbs fast, you can do the atkins diet. It works but few can stay on it for any great length of time.

Good luck

I heard that Atkins can't be good for the body if used too long. Something about too much protein bad for the heart or something... Just be careful guys, too much of anything is not good.

XL

G

xzellerate said:
BruceLee said:

Good luck

I heard that Atkins can't be good for the body if used too long. Something about too much protein bad for the heart or something... Just be careful guys, too much of anything is not good.

XL

This has been refuted by recent research. In fact, blood lipid profiles often improve while on the atkins diet. In anything, there seems to be evidence that too much refined carbs is much more of a threat to your health than too much protein.

shivs

Established Member
Reaction score
What did Dr. Atkins die of? A head injury or something like that right?

mariejoe

Established Member
Reaction score
That is great BruceLee. Tell her to keep up the good work. And we know you can't "dite" to lose weight. You have to relearn the healthy way to eat, forever.
Another thing you mentioned that is important, she isn't hungry. Someone has tried to con us into thinking you have to starve and suffer to lose weight...it AIN'T so.
Thank God for Dr. Atkins, who wasn't afraid to buck the medical profession and the government for what he believed was a healthy lifestyle. :rockon:

G

mariejoe said:
That is great BruceLee. Tell her to keep up the good work. And we know you can't "dite" to lose weight. You have to relearn the healthy way to eat, forever.
Another thing you mentioned that is important, she isn't hungry. Someone has tried to con us into thinking you have to starve and suffer to lose weight...it AIN'T so.
Thank God for Dr. Atkins, who wasn't afraid to buck the medical profession and the government for what he believed was a healthy lifestyle. :rockon:

He was a fiesty sort. Needed to be, no?

mariejoe

Established Member
Reaction score
Indeed!
I, too, thought he was a crackpot. Until we caught him on Phil Donahue (a real crack-pot) in February. That interview changed my life!

a new attitude...