Dieting And Unexpected Hair Regrowth

DiscoingGD

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, I recently started a diet to drop some weight. To keep it simple, I cut out a lot of carbs and implemented intermittent fasting about 5 days a week (Meaning I only eat during an 8 hour window that day). I lost about 25 pounds already, but a surprising bonus was that my slightly receded hairline seems to show some darker and longer fuzz where there was only invisible fuzz before. It's nothing crazy, but the extra fuzz forms a faint outline of my original hairline, so it gives me hope that the right diet might reverse my receded hairline. I've read that eating a lot of carbs spikes insulin levels and develops insulin resistance, which through science mumbo jumbo, causes more 5-AR which converts testosterone to DHT, so cutting the carbs down (To less than 100g/day) should lower DHT.

Anyway, I just wanted to know if there was anyone on here who is more knowledgeable on this subject? Also, if I've naturally lowered my DHT through diet, would it still be beneficial to get a DHT blocking shampoo to maybe speed up the results?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Diet definitely affects male pattern baldness.. Although its fairly minimal. Two hair loss youtubers come to mind with healthy diets... Nick Shell and VegetablePolice are both vegan and seemed to have slowed down and even reversed hair loss. Nick Started losing his hair at 18 and to be fair it was quite gradual but since becoming a vegan its slowed down even more. VegetablePolice became Vegan and basically regrew most of his hair! I've actually recently became Vegetarian ( going on 6 days now ) so I'm hoping it can help my hair, if even just a little bit.

DiscoingGD

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll have to look into those youtubers, but I actually took the opposite approach when I cut carbs and became extra carnivorous. Bacon, eggs, steak, and ground beef became my main staples. The only vegetable I really increased was garlic, as it's supposed to reduce inflammation and increase free testosterone, but not DHT.