Did Some You Seek Psychological Help Bc Of Hairloss?

Saulus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly i get super stressed about this all to a degree where it just any healthy anymore.

I never experienced any similar stress lvl over such a long time spane.

I already wake up super stressed like i have this feeling of pressure on my rips hard to describe

I think i have to quit mirrors and this forum for a while

Last edited:

Baldingat188

Reaction score
Yea it doesn't help at all at least not for me.

I have OCD about my hair. I can't even sit down to watch a movie without taking pictures of my hair at least 15 times. I never go over an hour without thinking about my hair. So yea it's pretty bad.

The help doesn't help at all though. Sad part is I don't even want to get better I just want my hair to get better. In order for physiological help to work you have to want to get better.

Therapist don't understand your struggle of hairloss most will trivialize it. And then the way they try to fix your OCD is through CBT ( cognitive behavioral therapy) which honestly I feel like is a load of crap . At least for me

Jesse Navarro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did but it's worthless. They always want to convince you that your hair symbolizes something else, that your hair is not actually the issue, that something more important and spiritual or psychological lurk behind the surface.

f***, it is only the f*****g hair that is the problem, nothing spiritual, I'm a shallow and simple guy.

Last edited:

KyleTroy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm convinced this forum helps me more than any professional psychological help would. There's no way they could lighten my worries about hair loss with blue pilled talking points
Indirectly

I found it too embarassing to talk about evem at therapy

barfacan

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i should, but its nonsense because if i had a full head i'd be able to cope with any other psych problems.

SimonC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How will psychologist help? Just can't imagine that he will eliminate all your stress within couple sessions.
Maybe antidepressants could help, but I think they also can bring side effects similar to ones which finasteride brings (Brain fog).

Chromedome1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I never understood why anyone would pour hundreds of dollars to talk their problems over with somebody who's not a friend and is only talking to you for the money. What would they possibly know about what you're going through?

Baldingat188

Reaction score
Most of you guys would be in difficult situations even if you had perfect hairlines.

I can truly say my life would be a million times better so I honestly disagree

I've mentioned this before but I've always been obsessed with hair long before baldness. If my hair loss problems were fixed , my life would not be perfect but my OCD would be cured and I could live life with a sense of well being and stay positive about the future.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've mentioned this before but I've always been obsessed with hair long before baldness.

Which is an indicator of deeper problems.

In this context baldness can be compared to someone lighting a match on a river of petroleum and kindling where the matchboxes were all left near the petroleum, which were surrounded by expensive property. You are blaming the person lighting the match for your problems.

It doesn't make sense for a man to be obsessed with hair prior to baldness. Most of the general population doesn't give a damn, which is why to a lot of people NW3 is a full head of hair.

Here's a NW2.5 Jude Law in the 1997 movie Gattaca, where he is playing a genetically perfected individual in a world where baldness can be eliminated before birth with gene editing:
Jude-Law-in-Gattaca-jude-law-5358879-400-170.jpg

Do you think that anybody outside of hair loss communities noticed the contradiction?

No.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Which is an indicator of deeper problems.

In this context baldness can be compared to someone lighting a match on a river of petroleum and kindling where the matchboxes were all left near the petroleum, which were surrounded by expensive property. You are blaming the person lighting the match for your problems.

It doesn't make sense for a man to be obsessed with hair prior to baldness. Most of the general population doesn't give a damn, which is why to a lot of people NW3 is a full head of hair.

Here's a NW2.5 Jude Law in the 1997 movie Gattaca, where he is playing a genetically perfected individual in a world where baldness can be eliminated before birth with gene editing:
View attachment 75640
Do you think that anybody outside of hair loss communities noticed the contradiction?

No.
yea i mean its hardly a contradiction though, norwood 2.5 is very minor . a lot of people naturally have that hairline

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
yea i mean its hardly a contradiction though, norwood 2.5 is very minor . a lot of people naturally have that hairline

Nobody naturally has that hairline prior to male pattern baldness.

It's simply that it's not a huge deal for large numbers of people.