Dht Levels After 4 Weeks Of finasteride And 8 Weeks Of finasteride + 4 Weeks Of dutasteride

klooop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely wild that your DHT levels don't budge one bit, but I recall that the user @IdealForehead claimed to have the same experience. He said multiple blood tests confirmed that neither finasteride nor dutasteride had an effect on him.

Very interesting. Afaik, that hasn't been documented in the scientific literature yet - my bet is on an alternative/backdoor pathway to DHT. I already got an appointment for more blood work next week, but I still need a strategy how to correctly identify those alternative pathways.

IF finasteride and dutasteride are indeed doing their job and an alternative (non-DHEA-Testosterone) pathway is responsible for those incredible serum DHT levels, I might even have an idea how to correct that - I will keep you guys posted with new infos.

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very interesting. Afaik, that hasn't been documented in the scientific literature yet - my bet is on an alternative/backdoor pathway to DHT. I already got an appointment for more blood work next week, but I still need a strategy how to correctly identify those alternative pathways.

IF finasteride and dutasteride are indeed doing their job and an alternative (non-DHEA-Testosterone) pathway is responsible for those incredible serum DHT levels, I might even have an idea how to correct that - I will keep you guys posted with new infos.

Yeah definitely hasn't been identified. Just goes to show there is much we don't understand about these drugs eh.

I found this passage from one of Idealforhead's posts:

I was getting my dutasteride from a legit local major chain pharmacy with a real prescription, so I know it was good. But I thought maybe I had a bad batch of dutasteride. So I got a new batch of brand name Avodart. Tried that again. Still, my DHT was normal. Then I thought, maybe I just need more. I read the dutasteride studies where they went up to 2.5 mg during initial testing. So I said f*** it, and started taking 5 tablets a day (2.5 mg). Still my DHT was normal.

At that point I was really freaking out. My doctor and pharmacist had no explanation for why this was. I contacted one of the doctors involved in the big Avodart trials where they measured DHT on thousands of men on the drug to ask if he had seen anything like this. He said he hadn't and didn't know why I wasn't responding. I thought I was completely fucked at this point.

klooop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah definitely hasn't been identified. Just goes to show there is much we don't understand about these drugs eh.

I found this passage from one of Idealforhead's posts:

Wow, he even contacted one of the responsible people of that Avodart study and got a response - not bad. As a matter of fact, I am also on brand name Avodart and my plan was to do exactly as he was doing: up to 2.5mg per day and recheck DHT.

I also posted that issue to reddit, where a few people with the exact same problem have responded. All seem to be diffusely shedding just like I am - some were even theorizing that previous a previous Accutane prescription may be the culprit of the non-response and high DHT.

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, he even contacted one of the responsible people of that Avodart study and got a response - not bad. As a matter of fact, I am also on brand name Avodart and my plan was to do exactly as he was doing: up to 2.5mg per day and recheck DHT.

I also posted that issue to reddit, where a few people with the exact same problem have responded. All seem to be diffusely shedding just like I am - some were even theorizing that previous a previous Accutane prescription may be the culprit of the non-response and high DHT.
DHEA (mainly) from adrenal glands converts to T and DHT in peripheral tissues such as prostate.