DHT Inhibitor Antiandrogen With No Sexual Side Effects

Cob984

Established Member
Reaction score
Is there any claim on DHT attack using the topicals??

What do you mean? Yes dht blocking is the whole point even of the topicals, see the website for more info,
apparently prevents 5AR catalysis at a surface scalp level but the keratene rep mentioned that its obviously time bound and not as effective as the pills which knock off serum dht, but since my body cant handle that its the topicals for me, Yea i have already mentioned the first few times i used the topicals i almost got brain fog like finasteride sides obv milder but i believe it works, My scalp absorption rates are high, when i used minoxidil i got palpitations, bloating of the face, and massive dizzyness

psyhotria

Banned
Reaction score
So, this thingy is supposed to do the same as finasteride, and dutasteride, (lowering DHT) but without the same (side) effects... This would lead to the conclusion that side-effects from the forementioned do not stem from DHT reduction, but from something else... something like another substance (hormone) that is given raise in place of DHT. What this would be?

Sparky4444

Reaction score
So, this thingy is supposed to do the same as finasteride, and dutasteride, (lowering DHT) but without the same (side) effects... This would lead to the conclusion that side-effects from the forementioned do not stem from DHT reduction, but from something else... something like another substance (hormone) that is given raise in place of DHT. What this would be?

...see, this is where we really don't know much...finasteride lowers DHT by first taking 5ar out of the picture -- it's basically starving testosterone of an enzyme...

..these other so-called "natural" inhibitors bind directly to DHT and don't touch 5ar...5ar is an enzyme that has multiple roles so the theory, as best as I understand it, is that 5ar is primary in regulating your testosterone/estrogen balance...by going after DHT directly, you don't mess with that balance...

...listen, the bottom line is this -- when I was 20 years old, I had great hair, boner's NON-STOP and did the stupidest things all in the name of getting laid...so what really changed?? If you believe the theory, increased DHT production lead to my hairloss -- so if my DHT as so low when I was 20 and with great hair, then why the massive sex drive, boner's all the time, stupidity??

Sparky4444

Reaction score
OK...so my doctor say's there is no direct test for DHT here ...I am in Edmonton, Canada....this has to be a big brown load of crap, no????

He gave me a high level description of how complex the testosterone cycle is...there are waves of testosterone production, with smaller cycles within the larger cycles, and still smaller cycles within the small cycles...

..at the end of the day, it all comes down to androgen receptors...I could be producing less DHT but have a ****-load of androgen receptors and as a result I won't stop the loss....

...so the bottom line is that I am going all in with Keratene and just monitor if anything slows down...

rjmogka

Reaction score
OK...so my doctor say's there is no direct test for DHT here ...I am in Edmonton, Canada....this has to be a big brown load of crap, no????

He gave me a high level description of how complex the testosterone cycle is...there are waves of testosterone production, with smaller cycles within the larger cycles, and still smaller cycles within the small cycles...

..at the end of the day, it all comes down to androgen receptors...I could be producing less DHT but have a ****-load of androgen receptors and as a result I won't stop the loss....

...so the bottom line is that I am going all in with Keratene and just monitor if anything slows down...

Wait, so...are you going to use the pills or not?

curiosity

Reaction score
Garsh

Do you think there is a relationship between our bald area on our head and our sleep position?
Maybe it sounds absurd, but you know when we are sleeping we touch our head on the back and two flanks with the pillow all the night, but never the frontal and vertex. In contrast our bald area prone to be the frontal area and vertex, do you think this is just a coincidence? Maybe it is not.
Does anyone ever think about it, or any research on it?
Any answer and communication is appreciated.

Chagrined to admit it, but I have had this thought more than once, and have even tried sleeping diagonally. :sulkoff:

I would assume side sleepers would have very asymmetric hair loss that covered an area normally uninvolved by Androgenetic Alopecia (ie. above the ear)

plisk

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't understand how you can claim this has no sexual side effects yet functions by the same mechanism as finasteride?

I'm probably beating a dead horse for most guys here I imagine, but: DHT is highly active in the brain/CNS, thats why inhibiting it can result in a noticeable downturn sex drive, cognitive performance, even strength (dutatsteride study on trans given 1000mg testosterone comes to mind). So the problem lies in we WANT DHT in the male body, we don't want it acting on receptors in the scalp tissue.

As far as I understand, your saying this drug acts the same way as fina? It stops 5AR conversion? Then why would you think it would be any better?

takenick2

Reaction score
finasteride doesn't cause it either in most people. It's a small minority that gets it. Why? Because DHT has nothing to do with sex drive, rather somehow finasteride may be lowering important neurotransmitters like dopamine in those that experience these side effects. This could be due to the running theory that finasteride may impact neurosteroids, but it doesn't do it in everyone so there has to be some genetic polymorphism that causes it.

:salut:

Sparky4444

Reaction score
...well, either way I got the stuff yesterday...and all I can say is it professional and very high-end, nice brochure done in like 8 different languages ....Folexen was a joke with its website showing labs and guys in white coats -- that was BS....Keratene DOES HAVE LABS and GUYS IN WHITE coats...hell, they even have the dosage depending on age and your Norwood level...they even say to take it during select periods -- around 8am in the morning and 10pm at nite...This jives with what my doctor says about the cyclical nature of testosterone production in our bodies...

...one guy who took part in the testing was giving blood samples like once a week....there is really science behind this stuff...

Cob984

Established Member
Reaction score
let me know how you get on bro, im getting sides at 0.25 of a capsule / day, i quit and just restarted again today, trying to see if i take it over a few weeks if the sides imrpove, if they dont im done

Sparky4444

Reaction score
let me know how you get on bro, im getting sides at 0.25 of a capsule / day, i quit and just restarted again today, trying to see if i take it over a few weeks if the sides imrpove, if they dont im done

0.25 capsule/day??? C'mon -- that just isn't possible...there has to be something else going on with you....a person filters through more toxins from foods and such in a day that the minute amount of material that 0.25 capsule gives you...

:thumbsdown:

Cob984

Established Member
Reaction score
the hell are you on about? this stuff is a 5 ar inhibitor and potent, i got v similar sides on 0.25 mg propecia,

Cob984

Established Member
Reaction score
you have never got sides on propecia? then why are you even buying this stuff, propecia is proven and way cheaper
anyway, i plan to knuckle down for atleast 2-3 weeks and hope the sides get better, i hope i can make it, keep me posted on how it works for you?
are you already taking these? anything after your first few doses?

Sparky4444

Reaction score
you have never got sides on propecia? then why are you even buying this stuff, propecia is proven and way cheaper
anyway, i plan to knuckle down for atleast 2-3 weeks and hope the sides get better, i hope i can make it, keep me posted on how it works for you?
are you already taking these? anything after your first few doses?

I've had it for one day...

...I'll take this stuff even if I get sides...at least it isn't a chemical drug with all the extra's that come with that....also, Keratene Retard does claim it doesn't act the exact same way finasteride does, even this it is targeting 5aR -- why would they bother if you can simply get finasteride easily???

It's worth a shot...I hope it is as potent as you say..if it slows are stops my loss in it's tracks, then I'll gladly tough it out for a couple of years until the big daddy comes along...which I think is right around the corner

Conpecia

Reaction score
0.25 capsule/day??? C'mon -- that just isn't possible...there has to be something else going on with you....a person filters through more toxins from foods and such in a day that the minute amount of material that 0.25 capsule gives you...

:thumbsdown:

I can attest to getting sides from .20 A WEEK. It inhibits your DHT at about the same rate, and for whatever reason in me that means more estrogen produced, which gives me gynecomastia. Seriously, read up on it, .25 and 1 a day do almost the exact same thing.

That's why I'm really hoping this Keratene stuff works!

rudimentary

Established Member
Reaction score
I can attest to getting sides from .20 A WEEK. It inhibits your DHT at about the same rate, and for whatever reason in me that means more estrogen produced, which gives me gynecomastia. Seriously, read up on it, .25 and 1 a day do almost the exact same thing.

Hi there Conpecia - Are you saying you got side effects from .20 of propecia OR keratene? Sorry, I'm a bit confused.

And same question to Cob984, did your sides come from keratene? And were they resolved after stopping treatment?

Thank you, i hope this stuff works too, i still want to know how it specifically works. I understand that some people sa side effects from Propecia come from
messing with the 5AR enzyme itself since it has other functions in the body.

I would be okay with the possibility of sexual side effects as long as they are not permanent like propecia side effects sometimes are.

Insight? Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Sparx4444

How long did it take to get your pills? I understand they come from the Netherlands? What is the shipping process like? Thanks.

Sparky4444

Reaction score

5aR is responsible for both testosterone and estrogen levels....I have unilateral gynecomastia since I was a kid and hit puberty -- never went away...gets worse when I am over-weight but when I am thinner it is less noticeable...It was worse when I was on finasteride, no doubt about it...

...I think if you are susceptible to anything with hormones, then Keratene will still give you sides...at this point, I am OK with that if it manages to stop my loss for a year or so until we have something more substantial to go on...and it is coming, I firmly believe that...

rjmogka

Reaction score
Alright people I just wanna say that I got the pills, and going to take the first one tomorrow.
Btw Cob, I'm LongWayHome from btt, so it's gonna be the same results for both of us.
I like these moments when you're full of hope and before the disappointmentt
(Not that I'm saying it's going to be a disappointment).