Dht Doesn't Cause Hairloss,7 Word Title

InBeforeTheCure

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
DHT doesn't actually cause hair loss directly. DHT has an influence on calcium pathways and how are bodies will utilize it. male pattern baldness is really just calcification of arteries and calcium deposits in the tissues near hair follicles, they is from the inflammatory response and causes hairloss. DHT only becomes inflammatory in a hypoxic environment, some people have weaker scalps towards the top of the head with low oxygen levels.

Everything that has every worked for hairloss has to do with calcium channels,DHT reduction, Rogaine. You need to tackle fibrosis, and the calcification if you want to beat hairloss.

Someone's been reading ImmortalHair. :rolleyes:

ALightInTheDark

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
DHT doesn't cause hairloss.
It is hair sensitivity to DHT the problem. There is the same DHT amount in the scalp and blood of balding and non balding
PGD2 is one of the problem (cf Costa).
Baldness is linked to heart disease,prostate cancer,skin problems,immune disease etc etc.

I believe baldness is caused by multiple things that are all related : lack of Vit D3/K2,fibrosis,skin damage/fast aging/skin problems (too much skin,oily or dry skin),too much PGE2,too much sensitivity to androgens in the scalp,lack of blood circulation and micro nutriments.
And of course an immune "something" that prevent the hair growth.

Fuckin complex

abcdefg

Reaction score
DHT does cause hair loss. Its the only thing as of today that we have proof completely causes male pattern baldness by itself. Castration, hermaphradites, hamilton all have proven that male pattern baldness is almost completely androgen mediated disease. Propecia is still easily the most proven effective treatment that works purely through only DHT.
Its almost undeniable evidence. The studies on all this like how effective propecia is by disrupting just DHT are all there go look at them.
There many more pieces at play or layers to the onion, but denying DHT has any role is just stupidity at this point. Whether DHT acts by causing calcification or changes in whatever else who really cares. Its like arguing you can get 4 by adding 3 and 1 instead of adding 2 and 2. What is the difference?

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
DHT does cause hair loss. Its the only thing as of today that we have proof completely causes male pattern baldness by itself. Castration, hermaphradites, hamilton all have proven that male pattern baldness is almost completely androgen mediated disease. Propecia is still easily the most proven effective treatment that works purely through only DHT.
Its almost undeniable evidence. The studies on all this like how effective propecia is by disrupting just DHT are all there go look at them.
There many more pieces at play or layers to the onion, but denying DHT has any role is just stupidity at this point. Whether DHT acts by causing calcification or changes in whatever else who really cares. Its like arguing you can get 4 by adding 3 and 1 instead of adding 2 and 2. What is the difference?

These kinds of threads are just cope threads from people who don't want to take finasteride and are trying to convince themselves that there is hope without it.

Min0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it's like you guys didn't read the thread.
there is a possibility that DHT is bad for all peaople.
but some regenerate the hair and some don't. this might be the problem.

also there is a possibility that DHT triggers other components that directly kill the follicle.
we can attack hairloss on that.

DHT dogmatic people like you are saying : "it's DHT stop all research and chop off your balls or drink poison (finasteride) " which is retarded.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
DHT dogmatic people like you are saying : "it's DHT stop all research and chop off your balls or drink poison (finasteride) " which is retarded.

and Broscientist coping MGTOWs afraid of a pill, like you, are denying reality.

Pattern baldness does not happen without DHT; this is proven beyond any doubt.

As such, the only way to stop it is to stop the DHT from acting on the follicle, as you cannot change your DNA.

Min0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
and Broscientist coping MGTOWs afraid of a pill, like you, are denying reality.

Pattern baldness does not happen without DHT; this is proven beyond any doubt.

As such, the only way to stop it is to stop the DHT from acting on the follicle, as you cannot change your DNA.
You're not listening, perhaps the problem is that Bald people can not counter the DHT effect.
Do you still need DHT to go Bald ? Yes
Does this mean you can treat baldness by making the follicles able to counter the DHT effect ? Yes

Also like i said, you don't need to nuke DHT in the case where it's only triggering other pathways, which is very probable.

So unless you can explain exactly how the follicles die after the DHT attaches to the androgen receptors you can't be this dogmatic.

Also, i used finasteride pal.

xRedStaRx

Established Member
Reaction score
Lol

People who deny DHT causes hairloss is like denying that melanin and pigment determine eye colour just because what genes you get decide how much melanin or pigment you get.

No DHT = No hairloss. f*** with the melanin and pigment in your iris, and it will change colour.

In both cases, genetics simply supply the materials for the end result, but the materials are still responsible for what is taking place.

Here's what happened: Thousands or more years ago, some man or men or maybe even an ancestor of homo-sapien, due to some condition environmental or not which we will likely never know, underwent a mutation that caused the hair on their head to react negatively to dihydro-testosterone. This ancestor then produced offspring and the gene(s) carrying the mutated DNA within the chromosome is dominant and thus, most males develop the condition.

DHT causes the hair to miniaturize and genetics cause the dht to cause the hairloss.

If the premise of this thread's title were true, then simply having the genetic predisposition to baldness would be enough to go bald all on its own — but we know it's not.

This is a great example of faulty logic and baseless conjecture.

xRedStaRx

Established Member
Reaction score

The difference is that DHT is a catalyst for the process, not the problem itself.

Claiming that finasteride is the best treatment we have so far does not do the pathogenesis justice. Or else we would all be NW0 by only taking finasteride, according to you.

Clearly, DHT is but a small part of the equation, and not where we should be looking.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're not listening, perhaps the problem is that Bald people can not counter the DHT effect.
Do you still need DHT to go Bald ? Yes
Does this mean you can treat baldness by making the follicles able to counter the DHT effect ? Yes

Also like i said, you don't need to nuke DHT in the case where it's only triggering other pathways, which is very probable.

So unless you can explain exactly how the follicles die after the DHT attaches to the androgen receptors you can't be this dogmatic.

Also, i used finasteride pal.

I'm no expert, but there is this thing called "Apoptosis", where cells basically die due to biochemical events and shrinkage is a symptom of this and it can ultimately lead to atrophy: a wasting away of part of the body.

Post-menopausal women experience a thinning of the vaginal walls. The exact mechanism of why this happens is unclear, but it probably occurs due to the body's expired need of the reproductive system. Are you then going to say that menopause is not the cause of vaginal atrophy just because the mechanisms OF the atrophy are not understood? Would you suggest that we should, instead of preventing menopause altogether, that we should focus our efforts on solving the process of atrophy, even though the only reason this atrophy is taking place at all, is directly because of the menopause?

Because that is what everyone in your camp is ultimately saying: Stop the method of the atrophy and not the thing causing it in the first place by treating the mechanism as the cause rather than the trigger for the mechanism.

The same kind of thing is obviously happening in hairloss. DHT is the biochemical event that triggers some sort of apotosis in the cells of the hair with the genetic predisposition to it.

It may very well be physically impossible to stop this process without removing the biochemical event dramatically (if not entirely) or as RepliCel's research seems to show: migrating cells immune to it, and as far as I'm aware, existing research demonstrates this to be the case.

Last edited:

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Man buckthorn i'm sorry to hear that. I read awhile ago that minoxidil makes your hair fall too, and now I read this, that finasteride also causes hair loss for you. I hope something works for you in the coming years bro.

Min0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm no expert, but there is this thing called "Apoptosis", where cells basically die due to biochemical events and shrinkage is a symptom of this and it can ultimately lead to atrophy: a wasting away of part of the body.

Post-menopausal women experience a thinning of the vaginal walls. The exact mechanism of why this happens is unclear, but it probably occurs due to the body's expired need of the reproductive system. Are you then going to say that menopause is not the cause of vaginal atrophy just because the mechanisms OF the atrophy are not understood? Would you suggest that we should, instead of preventing menopause altogether, that we should focus our efforts on solving the process of atrophy, even though the only reason this atrophy is taking place at all, is directly because of the menopause?

Because that is what everyone in your camp is ultimately saying: Stop the method of the atrophy and not the thing causing it in the first place by treating the mechanism as the cause rather than the trigger for the mechanism.

The same kind of thing is obviously happening in hairloss. DHT is the biochemical event that triggers some sort of apotosis in the cells of the hair with the genetic predisposition to it.

It may very well be physically impossible to stop this process without removing the biochemical event dramatically (if not entirely) or as RepliCel's research seems to show: migrating cells immune to it, and as far as I'm aware, existing research demonstrates this to be the case.
You can't prove that Androgenetic Alopecia is programmed cell death . And it's improbable imo because apopotosis is irreversible.
And head Hair grows with estradiol.

Also, read about insulin receptor activation and how it is a cascade of protein activation and not a direct activation.

It is very probable knowing how hormones work that DHT is just part of the cascade.

ALightInTheDark

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is very probable knowing how hormones work that DHT is just part of the cascade.

It is indeed.
I read somewhere that even after some chemical castrations,pepole stop losing hair but didn't regrowth.
Stop believin at a unique treatment or things like "fina or die".
Baldness is,for me,a combinaison of multiples things and there isn't a silver magic bullet.

Also,I belived that Fina/Duta is outdated we need something else that didn't affect DHT body.
DHT is fuckin important for libido,sexual property,brain fuctionalities and general mood
Breezula/CB,RU,Seti/Fevi,Polichem Fina is a good alternative.

And I start to really think that stoping mbp is actually the most easy part. The hardest fuckin part is the regrowth.

H

Reaction score
I think the actual process of miniaturization is what really fucks us, as the hair gets smaller the surrounding tissue becomes compromised in a number of ways and makes regeneration after a time impossible. Like after DHT batters our hair follicle and its starts to get smaller the skins like "well wtf do we do with this space now it's not worth supporting this scrub no more" does what it does and make it hostile for the hair follicle to ever do its duty again. So DHT is the cause of male pattern baldness but changes in the surrounding tissue where the follicle used to thrive is what makes most regrowth impossible past a certain progression. That would explain why you can snip your basket off and lower dht considerably but you don't go back to what you were.
I like this study it makes sense.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4158628/

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
DHT doesn't cause hairloss.
It is hair sensitivity to DHT the problem. There is the same DHT amount in the scalp and blood of balding and non balding
PGD2 is one of the problem (cf Costa).
Baldness is linked to heart disease,prostate cancer,skin problems,immune disease etc etc.

I believe baldness is caused by multiple things that are all related : lack of Vit D3/K2,fibrosis,skin damage/fast aging/skin problems (too much skin,oily or dry skin),too much PGE2,too much sensitivity to androgens in the scalp,lack of blood circulation and micro nutriments.
And of course an immune "something" that prevent the hair growth.

Fuckin complex
Well, Actually, People who start to bald before 30s have higher levels of DHT and that is why they start to bald sooner .

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
All I know is I woke up in the middle of the night last night aroused like u wouldnt believe with an aggressively itchy scalp. Between the two I wasn't falling back asleep. Sucks.

ALightInTheDark

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, Actually, People who start to bald before 30s have higher levels of DHT and that is why they start to bald sooner .

Not necessary,but teens actually produce more test/dht than adults,since men have a testosterone that naturally declines by 1.2% per year from the age of 25
But it doesn't stop 40's lads to have mbp :)

The problem is elsewhere, DHT is only a lil flower in the whole painting.

xRedStaRx

Established Member
Reaction score

No they don't. What does higher DHT levels even mean?

Not necessary,but teens actually produce more test/dht than adults,since men have a testosterone that naturally declines by 1.2% per year from the age of 25
But it doesn't stop 40's lads to have mbp :)

The problem is elsewhere, DHT is only a lil flower in the whole painting.

Wrong.