Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you macbeth81 for the study
Itis very interesting read it, in the early years of minoxidil ..... in the 80'

macbeth81

Established Member
Reaction score
Has OP (benjt) seen any regrowth from Detumescence Therapy?

It has been over a year, I wonder what your take is now.

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No results from it whatsoever. Not a surprise, I know, but it was a zero cost approach, so I gave it a shot. Not for the whole year, just for about three months, but during these no changes in any way.

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 31467View attachment 31469with increased brightness Freddy
View attachment 31468

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 31470before f##### lol.

Amazing results, I found this guys pictures on Google images of his bloody scalp when looking for derma rolling results, I thought it was literal insanity. It appears he was using Minoxidil at one point but stopped using it due to collagen inhibition. The majority of his regrowth appeared to have taken place over some years. The post I'm quoting is roughly a year after his success post which was edited by mods some years later and his hair looks even better. https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/2young2retires-mastering-the-potential-cure-log.77390/
This is quite favorable for mechanical stimulation promoting regrowth, the extent of his injury was drastic but so were his results.

Attachments

• DSC07468.jpg
    DSC07468.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 728
  • DSC07517.jpg
    DSC07517.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 593
  • DSC07581.jpg
    DSC07581.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 600

RU serious

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
IIRC those photos were part of the reason dermarolling discussion was banned on here a few years back. Looking at them again.. jesus, look at the blood flow he's got going to the scalp.

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
IIRC those photos were part of the reason dermarolling discussion was banned on here a few years back. Looking at them again.. jesus, look at the blood flow he's got going to the scalp.
Oh, I'm new to the community so I had no idea, my apologies. Plus why just simply settle for increasing bloodflow to the scalp when you can create literal bloodflow from the scalp? His results are impressive though, I was under the assumption it would do more harm than good with potential scar tissue that inhibits any new growth.

Marcaronii

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Amazing results, I found this guys pictures on Google images of his bloody scalp when looking for derma rolling results, I thought it was literal insanity. It appears he was using Minoxidil at one point but stopped using it due to collagen inhibition. The majority of his regrowth appeared to have taken place over some years. The post I'm quoting is roughly a year after his success post which was edited by mods some years later and his hair looks even better. https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/2young2retires-mastering-the-potential-cure-log.77390/
This is quite favorable for mechanical stimulation promoting regrowth, the extent of his injury was drastic but so were his results.
WHAT. THE. FLYING. f***.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
this guy "2young2retire" brought erythema to another level.To me this is completely useless to make you scalp blood like this and like said maybe it can be counter productive on longer term.
you can already have results with gentle dermarolling (just make scalp reddish) like in the differents studies.

MyThinningConfidence

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
this guy "2young2retire" brought erythema to another level.To me this is completely useless to make you scalp blood like this and like said maybe it can be counter productive on longer term.
you can already have results with gentle dermarolling (just make scalp reddish) like in the differents studies.
Based on his forum posts he didn't seem the most intelligent. It appears that most of his regrowth was primarily from wounding/healing though. I've been looking for cases of experienced regrowth from primarily derma rolling alone although this forum requires too much digging and there is only a single study that had derma rolling alone as a control group. (which had rather good results, better than Min alone) If you have any threads of people primarily using derma rolling alone I'd be highly interested.

Basically I'm trying to figure out the optimal amount of rolling and needle length for hair regrowth, I'm currently using a 1.5mm although I'm under the impression stepping up to 2mm or perhaps even greater would yield superior results.

bboy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Holy sh*t! Sounds proper f*****g crazy.

If you look in the Dermarolling threads there were a ton of people doing this back then. The idea was making micro wounds deep enough to get to the base of the follicles. It's not actually anything more drastic than the kind of dermarolling used to treat scarring. Even when you do a pretty reasonable roll with a 1.5mm and draw some blood, once the blood spreads across your scalp it looks way worse than it actually is. He'd probably be wiping it usually between rolls, he'd let it bleed for a while there to play up the gore factor.

RecoveringMinoxAddict

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can people report regrowing hair with this? Especially in barren temple areas? Please...anyone? I'm talking about dermarolling. Please post as much details as possible.