Desperate For Diffuse Thinner Success Stories

Renard

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm a diffuse thinner, just behind the hairline, and on my crown only. I lost hair behind my hairline from a young age, the balding on the crown started in the last 4-5 years but progressed rapidly. My hairline is intact and my sides have no hair loss at all.

The success for me is bitter sweet: Finasteride works very well and thickens my hair - I am a good responder - when I first took it, it totally reversed my hairloss.
However the side effects really get me down: numbed out penis and low sex drive. I have been on and off Finasteride over the last 10-15 years due to this, when I stop taking it, after about 3 to 4 weeks, my penis feels like I am 18 again, but over the course of about 2-3 months my hair thins out, every time I start taking the pills again, my hair improves quite significantly after about 4-5 months. And around I go.
I am in my mid 30s now, and I am decent looking, enough to get interest from women and opportunities for random sex present themselves often enough. I hate feeling sexually 'neutered', the drive just isn't there due to this drug, and a numb boner is not fun to work with. I may as well be 70 years old.
I have stopped taking Finasteride, concealers do the trick for now, but I am considering hair pieces - I won't have any other options left. :-/

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm a diffuse thinner, just behind the hairline, and on my crown only. I lost hair behind my hairline from a young age, the balding on the crown started in the last 4-5 years but progressed rapidly. My hairline is intact and my sides have no hair loss at all.

The success for me is bitter sweet: Finasteride works very well and thickens my hair - I am a good responder - when I first took it, it totally reversed my hairloss.
However the side effects really get me down: numbed out penis and low sex drive. I have been on and off Finasteride over the last 10-15 years due to this, when I stop taking it, after about 3 to 4 weeks, my penis feels like I am 18 again, but over the course of about 2-3 months my hair thins out, every time I start taking the pills again, my hair improves quite significantly after about 4-5 months. And around I go.
I am in my mid 30s now, and I am decent looking, enough to get interest from women and opportunities for random sex present themselves often enough. I hate feeling sexually 'neutered', the drive just isn't there due to this drug, and a numb boner is not fun to work with. I may as well be 70 years old.
I have stopped taking Finasteride, concealers do the trick for now, but I am considering hair pieces - I won't have any other options left. :-/
I did the same as you for years and finally gave it up a few years ago as sides were just awful. I'm balding now but I feel more like a man.

washed_up

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Diffuse thinner here, hairline is solid density and looks NW1 at times and NW2 at worst. Gradual thinning near the back but no actual bald spots. I'm on my second stint with finasteride and nizoral so we'll see where things stand later on.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone considered topical Finasteride? Same boat and lucky the thinning started at 40 and at the same time as some thyroid and low ferritin issues. Diffusing fast but with a NW1 hairline.

Getting desperate but the finasteride sides might not be worth the risk, thought a low diesel topical could be a safer way in?

washed_up

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone considered topical Finasteride? Same boat and lucky the thinning started at 40 and at the same time as some thyroid and low ferritin issues. Diffusing fast but with a NW1 hairline.

Getting desperate but the finasteride sides might not be worth the risk, thought a low diesel topical could be a safer way in?

I'm waiting for Polichem's topical finasteride to come out and then I'd add that to go with my oral finasteride and nizoral. Then hopefully within the next 5 years I'll transition to fevi/seti with Breezula topical.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm waiting for Polichem's topical finasteride to come out and then I'd add that to go with my oral finasteride and nizoral. Then hopefully within the next 5 years I'll transition to fevi/seti with Breezula topical.
Polichem...i think you will be waiting several years.

foxy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey everyone, im already 19y/o
is this normal or im balding.Can anybody provide some info for me?
PS: my father is bald

The 2nd pic is just a normal shot and the first pic, I moved my hairs around to expose more of the scalp. This was taken under daylight with roof windows.

Thanks for any input.

Attachments

• 20180818_094825.jpg
    20180818_094825.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 815
  • 20180818_094921.jpg
    20180818_094921.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 931

MilwaukeeRoad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey everyone, im already 19y/o
is this normal or im balding.Can anybody provide some info for me?
PS: my father is bald

The 2nd pic is just a normal shot and the first pic, I moved my hairs around to expose more of the scalp. This was taken under daylight with roof windows.

Thanks for any input.
At this point, it just looks like a cowlick to me.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can this recover?

Attachments

• 7A8AC802-76CC-4B5B-9532-CC494D4157CE.jpeg
    7A8AC802-76CC-4B5B-9532-CC494D4157CE.jpeg
    216.4 KB · Views: 947

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
the meds caused candida? or was that something separate?

Junk food. It was "little" infection as doctor said but i felt awful anyway.

Saher Hassan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Diffuse here + standard male pattern baldness.

Finasteride returned 90% of thickness on diffused area (I got NW5 diffuse area) To NW3
Minoxidil regrowing my current status to NW2 / NW1.5

Well, i was pretty dumb, i stopped finasteride for half year. Since i was using it when was 19 and i didnt know i will be diffuse thinner. After a half year of stopping meds, i receded to NW3 and got diffused to NW5. I jumped back on big 4 ( finasteride+min+keto+dermaroller) and after a 9 months i am on hairly plannet again. :)

But i had some infections also like candida and it caused for sure many toxic effects on my body.
I'm 18 and I have diffuse thining do you recommend me taking finasteride

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
mind sharing how you got rid of your candida problem?
Oral trush and poop was watery all the time.

I changed diet and priobiotics. 1 month and i was full healthy :p