Desperate For Diffuse Thinner Success Stories

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Though with success, how old are you? Trying to dig in the relationship of age to Finasteride effectiveness.

shadowcast

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no relationship. Look around these threads, you'll see young people failing and old people having success. I'm 33 and have been diffuse thinning for 10-11 years now, having decent success with minoxidil at 7 months now

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Get on finasteride and maybe Ru.
Oral minoxidil is crazy dangerous.

I am diffuse thinner in nw7 area but currently fullhead as finasteride and ru stopped the balding process.

Slightly less and more liquid semen otherwise no sides.
Will dose finasteride down to 0.5mg/day.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been testing RU for a month. Still shedding a lot. Worried about gyno. May consider Finasteride at some point.

Recon_s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Diffused thinner here with a little hasher diffusing in the crown area, I was on minoxidil for 1.5 years and didn't do anything, the tried a mix of RU/minoxidil for 10months which I saw no success from may have actually got worse. I'm off everything for for the past 3 months and I'm just about to bite the bullet on finesteride/minoxidil might start off with 0.25 dose and hope for the best.

Jesse Navarro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Man, I just had a haircut; for the first time in many years i cut real short. And discovered that i am a diffuse thinner.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Almost 2 years in since I noticed loss. My density is destroyed. On oral minoxidil and and considering RU and maybe topical Finasteride if it doesn’t work. Terrified of the shed I had when starting minoxidil last May as I never recovered.

I would kill to have my old crazy density and be receding. My hair is long and hides a bit but the miniaturized hairs are taking over and I drop 100 long hairs every shower.

My back and side have also thinner a great deal in just 2 years.

Your absolutely sure your BACK AND SIDES have gottten thinner?

In my humble opinion, I DON'T think thats from androgens. That sounds like something
else to me.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
They have gotten thinner but there is a pattern with more thinning and miniaturized hair in the entire top.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can hair existing hair miniaturize? I still have long hair, 100 hair daily fall but for the most part the long hairs are a thinning whispy mess not the normal diameter. Are these hairs already miniaturized even though they are 8 inches long? If they fall is it a guaranteed they come back velus? It’s such a weird patttern. I’m confused. It’s all still within two years. Is finasteride the only answer to give the velus quitters a chance to turn terminal.

This all sucks. Sticking with the RU reduced dose.

HeadGrass

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there any reason for this? It is peculiar to hear someone losing their side and back hair. I have grown to particularly hate these to parts of my hair ironically due to what they represent. Also I think that diffuse is better than male pattern baldness since diffuse is known to be reversible while the former is not. Still would be interested in what could be the reason? I have been doing some research and I have been linking up many hair problems to "medical drugs" and would be interested to know if this is persistent on this forum as well.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Great question. I’m trying to draw correlation with:

Accutane (2 rounds 15 years ago)

Lexythyroxone (I had perfect hair until starting this drug, 1 year after I had a Telogen Effluvium and have been steady diffusing since)

Antibiotics (Been on a different antibiotic for over 20 years for beard cysts, Solodyn in be year before losing my hair.

What do you know about reversing diffuse?

HeadGrass

My Regimen
Reaction score
Great question. I’m trying to draw correlation with:

Accutane (2 rounds 15 years ago)

Lexythyroxone (I had perfect hair until starting this drug, 1 year after I had a Telogen Effluvium and have been steady diffusing since)

Antibiotics (Been on a different antibiotic for over 20 years for beard cysts, Solodyn in be year before losing my hair.

What do you know about reversing diffuse?

Thank you for your incite. This furthers my point and resolve against modern medicine. On the topic of recovery I can't say for sure. All I can say is that fasting, abstinence, and temperament can only do good for a person in need. I would look into ways to cleanse the body. The best known way is to fast, a tried and true method which has worked for a 3 millennium. G-d speed.

pikemason

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Diffuse here + standard male pattern baldness.

Finasteride returned 90% of thickness on diffused area (I got NW5 diffuse area) To NW3
Minoxidil regrowing my current status to NW2 / NW1.5

Well, i was pretty dumb, i stopped finasteride for half year. Since i was using it when was 19 and i didnt know i will be diffuse thinner. After a half year of stopping meds, i receded to NW3 and got diffused to NW5. I jumped back on big 4 ( finasteride+min+keto+dermaroller) and after a 9 months i am on hairly plannet again. :)

But i had some infections also like candida and it caused for sure many toxic effects on my body.

the meds caused candida? or was that something separate?

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
Diffuse thinner for 30 years. In my early 50's now. Got worse in the last 10 years. finasteride and minoxidil have stabilized it, but no gains, just slower loss...But my hair in the last few years (since on finasteride) grows slower, is more brittle. Now I keep it about an inch in length.
I'm thinking with diffused thinning, we have a slogan "If I could just keep what I have now, I'll be happy..."

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Diffuse thinner for 30 years. In my early 50's now. Got worse in the last 10 years. finasteride and minoxidil have stabilized it, but no gains, just slower loss...But my hair in the last few years (since on finasteride) grows slower, is more brittle. Now I keep it about an inch in length.
I'm thinking with diffused thinning, we have a slogan "If I could just keep what I have now, I'll be happy..."
What Norwood are you now? Any photos?

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
How much falls out every day? I am losing horror film numbers of hairs everyday? I thought it would be more gradual? I have no inflammation, itch. Hair quality is worse.

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
What Norwood are you now? Any photos?

Crown is pretty much gone. This is with a poor job using concealer. The 2012 pic is when I first started Rogain. I think overall some hair filled in, but the diffused thinning is still there.

I have to use concealer though just to help reduce the contrast at the crown...Uggg.....

Attachments

• IMG_20180629_125722.jpg
    IMG_20180629_125722.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 1,432
  • Aug 4 2012 -7.jpg
    Aug 4 2012 -7.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 1,465