Dermmatch, the king of concealers

CCS

Reaction score
the first one has a flash and is wet. the second one is without a flash. Those picks don't show just how good Dermmatch is.

The Dangerman

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry, that was my fault, used the wrong photo.

Try this for size:
Before-noflash.jpg

And one after I've styled it using a bit of wax:
After-Style.jpg

Please note this is with flash because the light is fading round here now.

Not perfect, but good enough in my opinion in normal lighting!

CCS

Reaction score
some people coat their hair with dermmatch. I just put it on my scalp. I got better resuts than you did coverage wise, though I can't tell you are wearing any.

TO ALL THE GUYS WHO WANT TO SEE PICS:
Dermmatch has a money back guarantee that includes return shipping. And if the color does not match, you can get a second color for free and blend them. That is because they are that sure you will like it and will not want to return the disc to them.

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
from my own experience, if your hair line is very thin, dermatch is the way to go.

If you have a stronger hair line with diffuse thinning on top, then toppik is the way to go.

When my hair was really bad I would always use dermatch at the hairline because toppik at the hairline never looked very good.

The Dangerman

Established Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
some people coat their hair with dermmatch. I just put it on my scalp. I got better resuts than you did coverage wise, though I can't tell you are wearing any.

Yeah but I can't really just start going out with a completely full head of hair like that, since my friends know I'm thinning. Whilst they probably still wouldn't know exactly what I'm doing Im sure they would suspect something.

CCS

Reaction score
understandable. I don't even have enough friends to notice. the ones I have don't even talk about my hair loss and keep saying I'm the only one who notices or cares. I'm starting to believe them. From how much women flirt with me, to how much girlfriend talks to me, I'm starting to think I'm one hot stud.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
understandable. I don't even have enough friends to notice. the ones I have don't even talk about my hair loss and keep saying I'm the only one who notices or cares. I'm starting to believe them. From how much women flirt with me, to how much girlfriend talks to me, I'm starting to think I'm one hot stud.

o yah, def....id say your the next brad pitt.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The Dangerman said:
Sorry, that was my fault, used the wrong photo.

Try this for size:
Before-noflash.jpg

And one after I've styled it using a bit of wax:
After-Style.jpg

Please note this is with flash because the light is fading round here now.

Not perfect, but good enough in my opinion in normal lighting!

I think it's noticeable that there's something going on in that triangle bit at the hairline.

Maybe it's just me, I don't know, maybe I just see it because this a thread about concealers and would never noticed it in the street, but I think I can see something "painty" there. Maybe you should start concealing a little bit back from the hairline, to get more natural results.

CCS

Reaction score
yeah, even I did not see that at first. But now that you mention it, I see it too. It is kind of hard for guys with black hair and white skin to paint really thin hair. I still think it is an improvement and he should keep it. I'm lucky though because my skin is a bit darker than his, and my hair is brown, so the paint is not as noticeable.

The Dangerman

Established Member
Reaction score
Solo said:
I think it's noticeable that there's something going on in that triangle bit at the hairline.

You've noticed, because I've told you to look, and it was with flash, which is horribly unflattering. As you say, nobody will notice in the street and believe me my friends would certainly tell me. When I say tell, I mean rip the piss. Yet they didn't and I had every faith that they wouldn't be able to notice since I don't walk around in flash lighting.

G

blueshard said:
If you have a stronger hair line with diffuse thinning on top, then toppik is the way to go.

i agree with this. toppik worked great on me.

CCS

Reaction score
bit of you can't afford topik, just poop in your hand and smear it on. Poop is so thick that no one will notice the balding.

and if a woman says anything bad about it, tell her she can come back to your place and wash it out of your hair. that would be a smooth pick up line.

G

bit of you can't afford topik, just poop in your hand and smear it on. Poop is so thick that no one will notice the balding.

and if a woman says anything bad about it, tell her she can come back to your place and wash it out of your hair. that would be a smooth pick up line.

no.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
dermmatch seems to be too much trouble.

Topik works perfect for me.

The Dangerman

Established Member
Reaction score
Good for you!

The important think is we all find something we are happy with and something that we are comftable wearing and applying. I didn't like Toppik one bit. If I tried styling it or doing anything with it it just came out in my hands. So that's why I would recommend Dermmatch.

For the sake of $30 it is worth trying, in my opinion. That's what I did, I ordered both, tried both, and sent the Toppik back. That's the best way to go in my opinion, and with a full money back guarentee there is no risk. But what's $30 anyway? Doesn't even get you a night out at the cinema in the UK!