Dermmatch suitable for my needs?

w00p

Reaction score
hi guys,

The problem with my thinning hair is that eventho its quite long (going to my ears) it just wont fall back easily, it seems so soft at the front part through the thinning that it just sticks up (not used to do that when I was younger with "full" hair).

If I dont put gel in my hair and just comb it back like that the whole 10cm long hair will just stick up straight, it won't lay back without any gel or hairspray. Now I want to ask you guys if dermmatch helps to make the hair thicker, which would mean in my case that the hair falls back easier since its heavier/thicker.

Might not fit on topic but I recently watched "HEAT" with robert de niro and noticed his hair looks really thick compared to his old movies, wondering if dermmatch could have such an effect, eg. making the hair thicker, easier to fall back and give a full-look.

heres a picture in case you haven't seen the movie
3435043.jpg

I did read around about toppik but don't really want some product which leaves "marks" or blows out. As I'm living in the North East UK, it gets pretty windy here at times and mostly its mixed with rain, so I would assume dermmatch would more fit my purpose, especially since I always use gel and comb my hair, I read that toppik is not really brush friendly.

I mean I want the thicker hair effect but also of course a cover-up for the thinning hair so I get a full-look on my head again.

anybody in the UK can recommend a shop (online) where I can buy dermmatch and can expect a fast delivery??

Or would you guys just recommend a hair thickening shampoo, if so can you give me a few names for some brands, if somebody frm the UK is reading this might even know a few high street shops I can get it from.

Lastly, I read on a few review sites that couvre is actually better and has been in use since over 20years, but reading around the forums here a lot of people seem to prefer dermmach, so to say, is couvre just worse to apply or are there any more reasons on why somebody should stick to dermmach?

Looking forward to your replies guys.

cheers

dave

kar343

Reaction score
sure dermmatch will give such a thick and full look but only for short hair..but its important that you use less quantity..it might give a powdery look

you might try "thicker fuller hair products"..they include gel,lotion,spray etc etc.u can get them on ebay.they help me a lot

if u dont like gels try some volumizing shampoos like aveda pure abundance which give hair a lift.
Remember that dermmatch is not suitable for long hair..its best for short hair
Applying dermmatch is really a big headache.

HairRebirth

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey dave,

I am in UK too (Scotland) where its very very rainy. But, you wont have a problem, as ,long as you use something to protect your hair from rain..I havent use the Dermatch but I will buy it soon. I will also buy the couvre and plan to use it as a scalp concealer, but ONLY for the hair in the sides (cause if your hair in the sides look thicker and fuller, that will help the look of your hair a lot...this is a tip that almost nobody knows) I wouldnt try couvre or Dermatch to paint my scalp near the hairline cause something like that would be detectable. But, I will try Dermatch to see if it can thicken the hair of the hairline...As for the other hair (on the top etc.) the best thing you can do if you want this look of DeNiro, is to cut them short or average and use also a product like Toppik or Nanogen or Megathik. If you apply these products correctly using also the fiberhold sprays and a regular hair spray, then you can create a thicker fuller hair look in the whole head. But all these concealers do not work pretty well in long hair.
Each concealer should be used carefully and after some time you will hopefully learn how to do it. I think a combination of all these concealers and a little use of each one of them will give u the best result.

As for the thickening products, I bought the Thicker-Fuller-Hair Sampoo and thickening serum last week (from "boots") and I find them quite good. I cant say how much they thicken your hair..(I think that they really do some work...they leave u also with a thicker and fuller hair feeling and smell great..they are also cheap) but definitely you can not achieve DeNiros Thickeness only by using thickening sampoos and gel.

I also bought Nutrasome Thickening sampoo and I will let you know about my opinion when I use it. The use of Nizoral sampoo (ketoconazole 2%) give me also thickening results but its a medicated sampoo and be informed about that before you use it. I use it at least 3 times per week every week, but I am not a doctor to suggest u to follow my regimen...

Check these two UK online stores for concealers and hair products. But, in any case, the only way to find out about a product is to use it by yourself...

http://www.ukhairdressers.com

http://www.hairthickener.co.uk

Hope that I helped u..

cheers :jumpy:

w00p

Reaction score
HairRebirth said:
Hey dave,

I am in UK too (Scotland) where its very very rainy. But, you wont have a problem, as ,long as you use something to protect your hair from rain..I havent use the Dermatch but I will buy it soon. I will also buy the couvre and plan to use it as a scalp concealer, but ONLY for the hair in the sides (cause if your hair in the sides look thicker and fuller, that will help the look of your hair a lot...this is a tip that almost nobody knows) I wouldnt try couvre or Dermatch to paint my scalp near the hairline cause something like that would be detectable. But, I will try Dermatch to see if it can thicken the hair of the hairline...As for the other hair (on the top etc.) the best thing you can do if you want this look of DeNiro, is to cut them short or average and use also a product like Toppik or Nanogen or Megathik. If you apply these products correctly using also the fiberhold sprays and a regular hair spray, then you can create a thicker fuller hair look in the whole head. But all these concealers do not work pretty well in long hair.
Each concealer should be used carefully and after some time you will hopefully learn how to do it. I think a combination of all these concealers and a little use of each one of them will give u the best result.

As for the thickening products, I bought the Thicker-Fuller-Hair Sampoo and thickening serum last week (from "boots") and I find them quite good. I cant say how much they thicken your hair..(I think that they really do some work...they leave u also with a thicker and fuller hair feeling and smell great..they are also cheap) but definitely you can not achieve DeNiros Thickeness only by using thickening sampoos and gel.

I also bought Nutrasome Thickening sampoo and I will let you know about my opinion when I use it. The use of Nizoral sampoo (ketoconazole 2%) give me also thickening results but its a medicated sampoo and be informed about that before you use it. I use it at least 3 times per week every week, but I am not a doctor to suggest u to follow my regimen...

Check these two UK online stores for concealers and hair products. But, in any case, the only way to find out about a product is to use it by yourself...

http://www.ukhairdressers.com

http://www.hairthickener.co.uk

Hope that I helped u..

cheers :jumpy:

cheers mate, I bought some regaine so I'll give it a shot, rather try to regrow my hair then "paint" it or my scalp. If regaine won't work I guess I'll give dermmatch a try.