Dermmatch Keeps Rubbing Off On Hands!

Lost Boy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I bought Dermmatch about a month ago & it has worked great. The only problem i have is it always rubs off. I let it dry & everything & it still comes off. I don’t even use that much. The only way I can get it to not rub off is if i use a billion paper towels & keep rubbing it until it’s not coming off anymore but this ruins my hairstyle completely. It makes it really flat & disassembles everything my volumizing shampoo & conditioner did in the shower. Is there any way one can remove the excess without completely messing up their hairstyle? Any answer would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I bought Dermmatch about a month ago & it has worked great. The only problem i have is it always rubs off. I let it dry & everything & it still comes off. I don’t even use that much. The only way I can get it to not rub off is if i use a billion paper towels & keep rubbing it until it’s not coming off anymore but this ruins my hairstyle completely. It makes it really flat & disassembles everything my volumizing shampoo & conditioner did in the shower. Is there any way one can remove the excess without completely messing up their hairstyle? Any answer would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

I apply with cold water and blowdry after. I have zero issues with it and typically leave it in for 3 to 4 days. Sometimes on day 3 or 4 I need to touch it up with some fibers, I use caboki. I've been caught in the rain before during a concert. Literally 2 hours of pouring rain and it stayed on. Fibers alone are ok vs light sprinklingm but have had harder rain completely destroy it. Luckily it was a week after teling my girlfriend about my concealer usage.

Lost Boy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Doesn’t blow drying damage your hair though :( Couldn’t that further accelerate your hair loss?

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Doesn’t blow drying damage your hair though :( Couldn’t that further accelerate your hair loss?

I blowdry on low with the cold setting. I should have been more specific. Blowdrying was a game changer for me, made my hair look so much thicker. I look like a NW1 when I'm done and I'm a pretty severe diffuse thinner. I'm lucky my hairline fully restored from meds though.

Lost Boy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I blowdry on low with the cold setting. I should have been more specific. Blowdrying was a game changer for me, made my hair look so much thicker. I look like a NW1 when I'm done and I'm a pretty severe diffuse thinner. I'm lucky my hairline fully restored from meds though.
Haha me too believe it or not! It’s crazy what concealers can do for you. I don’t have a blow dryer so i just sit in front of the fan haha. One thing i do have a question about is scalp oil. I rock a side part & it looks great! it’s just by the second day you could see the oil building on that side part. Like there’s a shine. Is there a way i can get rid of this without completely starting over? I cant wet the brush & apply it on the side part because water ruins the volume i have :( I’ve tried to put it on dry but it’s incredibly hard to take the Dermmatch off the applicator brush once i’ve rubbed it on there. Do you have any solutions you could think of? I’ve even tried dabbing a napkin on the side part but some of the dermmatch rubs off. Any help? :(

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha me too believe it or not! It’s crazy what concealers can do for you. I don’t have a blow dryer so i just sit in front of the fan haha. One thing i do have a question about is scalp oil. I rock a side part & it looks great! it’s just by the second day you could see the oil building on that side part. Like there’s a shine. Is there a way i can get rid of this without completely starting over? I cant wet the brush & apply it on the side part because water ruins the volume i have :( I’ve tried to put it on dry but it’s incredibly hard to take the Dermmatch off the applicator brush once i’ve rubbed it on there. Do you have any solutions you could think of? I’ve even tried dabbing a napkin on the side part but some of the dermmatch rubs off. Any help? :(

I use to have the oil issue and would just put a very small amount of fibers on to cover it up. I have caboki, I liked it more than toppik and febron. A single bottle of caboki lasts me about a year due to only using it to touch up my dermmatch.

Part of my regiment stopped my oil issue, just not 100% sure which.

I shampoo with head and shoulders twice a week
Microneedle at 1.5mm once a week
10mg oral minoxidil daily
1.25mg proscar daily
Apple cider vinegar with mother in pill form daily
D3 daily
Vitamin A day before and day of microneedling
15mg iron once a week
Vitamin C on iron day to help with absorption

Starting to experiment with 100mg Ubiquinol daily today

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use to have the oil issue and would just put a very small amount of fibers on to cover it up. I have caboki, I liked it more than toppik and febron. A single bottle of caboki lasts me about a year due to only using it to touch up my dermmatch.

Part of my regiment stopped my oil issue, just not 100% sure which.

I shampoo with head and shoulders twice a week
Microneedle at 1.5mm once a week
10mg oral minoxidil daily
1.25mg proscar daily
Apple cider vinegar with mother in pill form daily
D3 daily
Vitamin A day before and day of microneedling
15mg iron once a week
Vitamin C on iron day to help with absorption

Starting to experiment with 100mg Ubiquinol daily today

Where are you experiencing hair loss, temples or crown? i found dermarolling and topical minoxidil works much better on my crown than oral minoxidil. I think using both is a good idea, i use once at night, roll lightly with 1.5mm before applying it and once a week go harder.

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where are you experiencing hair loss, temples or crown? i found dermarolling and topical minoxidil works much better on my crown than oral minoxidil. I think using both is a good idea, i use once at night, roll lightly with 1.5mm before applying it and once a week go harder.

After taking finasteride my hairline is pretty much perfect, but I have severe diffuse thinning everywhere else. My crown is also diffused, just a little worse than the rest. My diffuse thinning doesn't really look like anyone else's pictures when I try to find results from people with similar hair. Luckily, for my type of thinning I easily achieve NW1 with concealers.

I tried the foam rogaine when my thinning first started. My barber said he noticed it helping, but it never gave me what I'd consider cosmetically significant results after almost a year of use. I really want to try topical again, but I literally have concealers on 24 hours a day for 5 days a week. Only days I don't have dermmatch on is the weekend. I usually try to microneedle on Saturday morning and then do a homemade sandalore cream Saturday night and Sunday.

Last edited:

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
After taking finasteride my hairline is pretty much perfect, but I have severe diffuse thinning everywhere else. My crown is also diffused, just a little worse than the rest. My diffuse thinning doesn't really look like anyone else's pictures when I try to find results from people with similar hair. Luckily, for my type of thinning I easily achieve NW1 with concealers.

I tried the foam rogaine when my thinning first started. My barber said he noticed it helping, but it never gave me what I'd consider cosmetically significant results after almost a year of use. I really want to try topical again, but I literally have concealers on 24 hours a day for 5 days a week. Only days I don't have dermmatch on is the weekend. I usually try to microneedle on Saturday morning and then do a homemade sandalore cream Saturday night and Sunday.

Yeah if you have concealers on 24/7 then topical minoxidil is a probably a no go, how long have you been taking oral minoxidil? And if you have concealers on most of the time how often do you wash your hair?

Last edited:

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah if you have concealers on 24/7 then topical minoxidil is a probably a no go, how long have you been taking oral minoxidil? And if you have concealers on most of the time how often do you wash your hair?

Usually I put on concealers Monday after shampooing and conditioning. Then if it was an easy week and I didn't get dirty I leave it in until Thursday, then wash it out once I get home. Then wash my hair Friday through Sunday, since I don't work those days. I'm a therapist and just work Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday.

If its hot out or I get dirty then I wash Monday, put in concealer, then wash again Wednesday and Thursday morning and put concealer back on Thursday morning after showering. Then I leave it in until Saturday and wash my hair on Saturday and Sunday.

For oral minoxidil, I was on 5mg for about 3 months but didn't see much improvement. I bumped it up to 10mg for the past 9 months. I've been seeing slow but steady improvement over the last month, but I'm also hitting my 3rd month of microneedling, so kinda hard to say what helped the most. I have a whole head full of vellus hairs now, if they all thicken then I'll finally be done with this nightmare. I'm 34 and my thinning became noticeable at 26 and a real issue by 28.

me yes

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi I just got dermatch a week ago and it’s awesome. For some reason I feel when I don’t have it on I have noticed more hair loss . Anyone know if it’s causes hair loss it can affect the hair you have?

I use finseteride and also some carrier oils and essential oils batch and night time then wash in morning and apply dermatch.

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi I just got dermatch a week ago and it’s awesome. For some reason I feel when I don’t have it on I have noticed more hair loss . Anyone know if it’s causes hair loss it can affect the hair you have?

I use finseteride and also some carrier oils and essential oils batch and night time then wash in morning and apply dermatch.

Just make sure when applying it you aren't tugging a bunch of hairs out... this happens a lot if applying it dry. If that isn't the case then you are likely just seeing the contrast more between seeing a full head of hair and being thinned out more after washing it. I've been regrowing for the past few months and I'm on about year of having dermmatch in for 5 to 7 days a week.