Dermatch work on me? what color?

Shawnab

Reaction score
4.jpg

I'm pretty much out of options.. I'm on finasteride/min and nizoral but not seeing very good results and soon I'm getting a promotion at work that forces me to work infront of customers a lot. So id atleast like to conceal my hairloss untill the big 3 does there stuff.

Also, is my hair blonde enough for blonde or should I go light brown? thank you.

s.a.f

Reaction score
I'd try light brown.
How long have you been on treatments? Dont want to be negative but I would'nt be expecting to grow your hair back.

Shawnab

Reaction score
Well, I have a page on my progress.. this is so far..

progress1.jpg

Small progress, but progress, compared to than and now I'm growing hair but i'm still bald, I need something to conceal it while I give my treatment a longer chance.

Sorue

Reaction score
because of how pictures are usually inaccurate in their color representation, it's best you get 2 shades of brown to experiment, to mix-match and get the right tone. btw, great results. you're regrowing very well.
In a few months' time, you can probably see finasteride working its magic.. keep up the faith :punk:

Norsk

Established Member
Reaction score
I have tried out Dermmatch (couldn't figure out how to use it), Toppik and Nanogen at home, but I haven't worn them in public, so I'm not an experienced user.

Avery

Established Member
Reaction score
No, it doesn't make your hair fall out. It makes you look thinner when you wash it out, and of course you'll get hairs on the applicator, but it isn't causing any hair loss. It takes a few applications to get it to look good; you have to play around with it, don't be afraid to get it on your scalp. Just gunk it into your hair and use a cloth to pat it down, then blow dry.

Shawnab

Reaction score
Well, my main problem was I got platinum blonde thinking it wouldnt be THAT light, ill try with light or dark brown next.. but I'm going to try hairsoreal first, I really dont think i can get any results on my hairline like I want to.. maby a combination of hairsoreal and this stuff might work for me.

I say it makes my hair fall out because I put on my hat after putting it on and there was hair all over my hat, I never shed or lose hair, so it was very weird.

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
I only want to use it for one day. I'm going to grow my hair out to a #2 or #3 for my wedding day, so I just want to make sure my hair looks solid and of one colour.

Sorue

Reaction score
With hair that short, you don't have much to worry about really. Dermmatch + Short Hair = Win

s.a.f

Reaction score
Sorue said:
Dermmatch + Short Hair = Win
Not if its very thin. There are different ways of using dermatch some people put it on the scalp others coat the hair with it. As with all concealers you just have to experiment and find your own way of using it.

Norsk

Established Member
Reaction score
ginger-uk said:
I was going to try Dermmatch, what couldn't you work out?

I can't remember exactly. It was sometime last year, I think. To be honest it was sort of a half-hearted attempt, since toppik seemed to work alright. Also, I thought daily dermmatch application might conflict with topicals, since it goes to the scalp. I just gave dermmatch another shot, though, and it seemed to work well. I wet the applicator, then tried to get rid of as much of the water as possible, so it was just damp, and just brushed it over my thin areas many times over, making it wetter again some times during the procedure. I tried adding a little toppik after it was dry, and the results impressed me. Full coverage on my rather weak crown (you can see it, unconcealed, in the link I posted above), and it even seemed to work in my "brutal mirror" (has some particularly harsh lighting above it), which I can't remember ever having fooled with just toppik. I used light brown dermmatch and light brown toppik, and the color seemed to match well enough.

ps. My hair is longer than in the pics. It's about 2 cm long on top now.

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the little review. I am going to try it for my wedding day. I have nothing to loose, after all Dermatch offer a money back guarantee should it fair to work, or if you are dissatisfied with the product in anyway.

Cheers

Shawnab

Reaction score
Well I tried Hairsoreal and it's awsome, really gets rid of any obvious clues that I have hairloss.. but only because my hair is so long now, if my hair were short I doubt it would work.. i'm using all my real frontline hair to kinda combover the hairsoreal, the hsr is just making a very good fake background ;)

Now I just have to stay out of any kind of wind.. hrm... is there any gel that can keep my hair in place but not clump it all together?

Ill post some pics when I get ahold of a camera.

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
Now thats why I buzzed my head. A combe over at 27 would be one delusional step to far.

Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
Shawnab said:
Now I just have to stay out of any kind of wind.. hrm... is there any gel that can keep my hair in place but not clump it all together?
Have you tried Got2beglued freezing spray? I use that with my Toppik and it works really well, especially if you have to "sculpt" your hair in certain places. Like, I have to use a little of my frontal hair to cover a spot in the hairline where my transplants would be more noticable, even with Toppik(because there is not enough hair surrounding the transplant in that area to blend it without the Toppik being obvious).
So all I do is hold the hair where I want it, spray GTBG on there, and voila!
A tip though if you are sculpting your hair: it helps to wait a few seconds, or maybe even a minute, after you spray it, because then it gets really tacky and you can mold your hair better then.

Trust me, you hair is not going to go anywhere.
About the clumping together, I haven't had as much trouble with GTBG as with other hair sprays I have used, and I know what you mean about "clumping together" because of my transplants, I can't have that. It would cause the transplants to be more visible because it clumps the hair in those hair grafts together.
All I can say is that will GTBG, I don't have that problem because the hair I use to cover up that trouble spot, isn't going anywhere.