Dermatch experience and question

30_going_on_60

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I did a search for this and couldn't find what I'm looking for. ANy help will be appreciated.

Bit of an update: I've been on big 3 for 10 years with great results thus far. I recently started wearing dermatch. It has so far been an absolute miracle. Looks great, so real and so natural. It has passed every test I have had. Kids I work with didn;t notice (Im a teacher) judgemental friends didnt notice, girlfriend didnt notice.

The instructions say that I need to shampoo to get it out and to put rogaine on first if I use rogaine. I dont shampoo every day, nor do I want to. So i guess my questions are:
1) is it okay to let it sit in there for 2 days?
2) can I apply rogaine over day old dermatch and still recieve its benefits?

thanks!

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hi! I have never tried any toppik but IMO, I don't think that's such a good idea to leave it in for 2 days and apply rogaine over...maybe doing so once in a while would be okay but it would't do any good to your scalp I guess?

azuri

Established Member
Reaction score
i too have been on the big 3 for about 10 or so years and only started using dermmatch about 2 months ago and the same, its been an incredible change over for me. Im sufffering mainly frontal thinning so it works great! In relations to applying minoxidil, i apply foam in the morning then about 10mins later i apply the derm... at night if i go for a workout i then shower and apply the minoxidil. I have applied minoxidil also with the derm in it out of laziness but have found that it will stain my pillow so i these days i dont apply the minoxidil every night, rather a few nights of the week... so far all good.

Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
I have had Dermmatch on my head for a week or more, and didn't have any problems, except maybe it may make it a bit harder to wash out of your hair and scalp. But Dermmatch was always one of the harder ones to wash out anyway.
That's for your first question.
I don't use Rogaine but I would imagine it might make it a little hard to absorb with Dermmatch on your scalp.

30_going_on_60

Established Member
Reaction score
Damn azuri! we're on the same schedule!!!

Just an update to help anyone with similar questions. I have definately concluded that roganie cannot be put over derm in any way. I could literally feel it not sinking into my scalp. I could actually see it (liquid rogaine) just sitting there. Makes sense since its supposed to be water proof. I dont want the 2 mixing it up there at all, my biggest worry was having to wash my hair every day. The best method I found was to never use derm and rogaine together. I'm only a once a night user anyways, so I could see it being a lot harder for twice a day users. I just shower it out nightly. I use baby shampoo about 3 times a week since its the least harsh thing out there. From what I researched, rogaine and tricomin work better on a clean scalp, so there may be additional benefits. If i get a day off work or a weekend where I just veg at home, I dont put anythign in my hair to give it a break. Hope this helps someone in some way.