Dermatch and Minoxidil question

CDog0613

Reaction score
Hi, there. I have been an avid user of Toppik for about a year and am very happy with the product. Also, during this time I have consistently used minoxidil, and, despite what some people have suggested, have not experienced any negative results (in terms of hair regrowth) as a result of mixing the two. In fact, my results have been quite positive. (Note: I also use dutasteride and spironolactone.)

That aside, I do have a few minor complaints about Toppik. One of them being the fact that it most certainly comes off when you swim in the water etc. Now, I've read ALOT about Dermatch, through this site and elsewhere, and it appears to be the best concealer for wet conditions, and have read numerous testimonials about how it won't come off. HOWEVER, I contacted the actual distributers of Dermatch online, and they even admitted to me that you can't mix minoxidil and Dermatch together--how your hair needs to be completely dry etc. This would seem to significantly interrupt my daily routine of applying minoxidil twice a day and am obviously worried about the potential negative impact on my "real" hairline. Nevertheless, I guess my question is for you guys out there who use Dermatch:

(1) Do you also use Minoxidil? How and when do you apply it? Results on "real" hairline?

(2) Do you use any other hair topicials, drugs, or supplements in conjunction with Dermatch? Results on "real" hairline?

Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks.

2guard

Reaction score
why don't you use a fast drying minoxidil like the one from dr.lee? put it on, wait 30 min, then put on your concealer.

stevemcqueen

Reaction score
i use dermmatch every day and put rogaine on my head after showering then immediatly put dermmatch on the whole of the top of my head. It seems to go on better and looks the same to me. I then sprinkle some hairsoreal, rub some vo5 matt clay on and away I go. Nobody has ever said anything and ive been doing it for over a year. In all the pictures I see it looks like I have a good head of hair considering I am big time thinning with bald spots. So it's a winner.
Only problems have been occasional nights when I have had to sleep over at someone elses place, mostly women, and see massive black stains on there pillows. I use dark pillow cases at home. So it's been a case of turning the pillow over when I can, and getting out of there as quickly as I can. But, you know, it was worth it.

G

the reason noone says something is coz they dont want to tell you it looks like your not washing your hair.