Dermaroller Dermarolling Dermarolling Dermarolling

artursco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone noticed that dermarolling/dermaroller cutting their hair? (0.5 mm).

GP86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just started Derma rolling so I am concerned about this as well. I didn’t notice any cutting after my first demaroll. But I don’t have short hair so I imagine the needles have to be cutting some of the hair as they go through.

artursco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just started Derma rolling so I am concerned about this as well. I didn’t notice any cutting after my first demaroll. But I don’t have short hair so I imagine the needles have to be cutting some of the hair as they go through.

Yes I think the same. I feel under my fingers palms short,cut hair.... dermaroller cuts hair...100%

GP86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it better to Dermaroll with hair wet or dry to prevent hair damage? I have seen recommendations for both but would like to hear from experienced Dermarollers.

artursco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it better to Dermaroll with hair wet or dry to prevent hair damage? I have seen recommendations for both but would like to hear from experienced Dermarollers.
Tried both dry and wet...and always got my hair cut short with it. Could feel them under my fingers tips. Tried different brands of dermarollers, no difference. Micro wounding have nothing to do with hair loss and defo won't help. Some believe it triggers collagen production and in results increased blood flow. You can achieve the same by doing daily deep tissue massage. All bullocks. There is no real treatment that really works. I've been fighting hair loss for last 12 years and trialed everything for at least 12 months. f*** all worked. Only thing that works is a transplant. Thank you and good night.

GP86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Many people Dermaroll and have shown results so it’s worth a try for me.

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tried both dry and wet...and always got my hair cut short with it. Could feel them under my fingers tips. Tried different brands of dermarollers, no difference. Micro wounding have nothing to do with hair loss and defo won't help. Some believe it triggers collagen production and in results increased blood flow. You can achieve the same by doing daily deep tissue massage. All bullocks. There is no real treatment that really works. I've been fighting hair loss for last 12 years and trialed everything for at least 12 months. f*** all worked. Only thing that works is a transplant. Thank you and good night.
Did you try finasteride? Otherwise, its no surprise that nothing you tried worked.

artursco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I did 2.5 years. No noticeable results. Spent a fortune on stuff.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score

I roll on wet hair and don't get any tugging etc Plus my hair looks like complete sh*t when wet so i can see problems areas more clearly than when dry.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It would be great and helpful if you can make a thread to document all that you've tried, for how long and what result and if any sides!

artursco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It would be great and helpful if you can make a thread to document all that you've tried, for how long and what result and if any sides!
Well. It is pretty much easy.

Age 27 (fist signs of crown thinning)
Rogaine + Nizoral (24 months) no new regrowth, no initial shedding. Gradual progression of crown thinning.

Age 30 Finasteride (1.5 year) and minoxidl but once a day. No regrowth. Slight progression of my thinning.

Age 32 back on Minoxidl for another 5 years. Once a day. Generic Costco liquid. Dandruff shampoo used every day (piroctone olamine) slow progression of male pattern baldness.

Age 38-39
Continuous usage of Minoxidl plus 3 or more months Hydrocortisone cream once a day. Though had some regrowth. But not really. Purely imagination.

Age 40 Dermarolling for about 5 months combined with deep tissue scalp massage. No regrowth.

Age 40 got a blood cancer lost all hair. Grew back slightly thinner but got thicker 10 months post chemo what proves after all I used for years there were no gain as hair grew back similar with no meds support.

In short...don't waste your time guys. No e of these work you just wasting time and money.

Last edited:

INT

Reaction score

Rogaine + Nizoral (24 months) no new regrowth, no initial shedding. Gradual progression of crown thinning.

Age 30 Finasteride (1.5 year) and minoxidl but once a day. No regrowth. Slight progression of my thinning.

Age 32 back on Minoxidl for another 5 years. Once a day. Generic Costco liquid. Dandruff shampoo used every day (piroctone olamine) slow progression of male pattern baldness.

Age 38-39
Continuous usage of Minoxidl plus 3 or more months Hydrocortisone cream once a day. Though had some regrowth. But not really. Purely imagination.

Age 40 Dermarolling for about 5 months combined with deep tissue scalp massage. No regrowth.

Age 40 got a blood cancer lost all hair. Grew back slightly thinner but got thicker 10 months post chemo what proves after all I used for years there were no gain as hair grew back similar with no meds support.

In short...don't waste your time guys. No e of these work you just wasting time and money.

So because you had no results, no one can?

Hairicane

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just started dermarolling 3 weeks ago. I do it once a week with 0.5 mm, I've noticed no cutting of my hair at all.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Age 38-39

If you did not have any sides on Fina, why did you quit it? No regrowth and only slow progressions of hair loss is in some cases the best you can get.

artursco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well if slow progression was best I could get...then no...thank you. I quit as never experienced any regrowth. Simple.

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why not give dutasteride a try? There are guys on these forums for whom finasteride did not work, but who have managed to have success with dutasteride.