Delays on stock systems due to COVID

Adam Lomax

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone have a quick supplier for French or Swiss Lace stock systems at the moment? I know there’s delays in manufacturing in China but was hoping to get a system sent to me pretty quickly.

All I can find that has immediate stock is Lordhair. Does anyone know of any other suppliers?

Thanks

Jbalding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
LH sent me a french system that is quite good. Better than the one I have on now, which is a good one too. I did a custom swiss order from a company called rarehairtoupee, they seem to be a supplier and not necessarily a middleman - that one should be here in 6 weeks they said.

Adam Lomax

My Regimen
Reaction score
LH sent me a french system that is quite good. Better than the one I have on now, which is a good one too. I did a custom swiss order from a company called rarehairtoupee, they seem to be a supplier and not necessarily a middleman - that one should be here in 6 weeks they said.
Thanks - definitely considered LH. Doesn’t look like they have any french in stock atm, but do have a 0.08mm poly. How long did it take from ordering to arrive ?

Jbalding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks - definitely considered LH. Doesn’t look like they have any french in stock atm, but do have a 0.08mm poly. How long did it take from ordering to arrive ?
5 days. If they have it in stock it should ship in a week. 0.08m poly is pretty thick though, Eric at NWL has UTS in stock if you want to try him.

Adam Lomax

My Regimen
Reaction score
I reached out to Eric before the whole pandemic craziness when I was thinking of getting some Swiss stockies.
Korea closing their borders has screwed everything up for us this last year! Do you know if there's any possibility it will open up again, or will we likely be subjected to super-high hair system prices from now on?

A

Blue eyes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Be careful with NWL. It was one of the worst systems I've ever seen and I've been wearing hair for about 28 yrs. He is very knowledgeable and helpful but that only gets you so far if the hair quality is that poor.

SD1984

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Be careful with NWL. It was one of the worst systems I've ever seen and I've been wearing hair for about 28 yrs. He is very knowledgeable and helpful but that only gets you so far if the hair quality is that poor.
That surprises me. Seems like so many happy customers on their forums.

Blue eyes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I found a lot of times systems can be hit-and-miss. I've never had more than one system look identical. There tends to be too many hands in the pot when it comes to the process of making a hair system.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Full lace premade units will be hard, or near impossible to come by. I only see these in custom.

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Full lace premade units will be hard, or near impossible to come by. I only see these in custom.
Nothing wrong with custom at all. Apart from the wait time. Usually 12 weeks or longer.
And slightly extra cost. But nothing too expensive.

Stock usually has too much density and/or the wrong colour.
Very hit and miss if you go for stock.

ChromeyFirefox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But have you seen that quoted and then met?

I could actually really do with one for July.. But I've realised that isn't realistic.

Lace with a poly horse shoe.

SD1984

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Last week I ordered a lace partial from Lavivid and was told 3 weeks. Just thought I'd throw that out there. This will be my first experience with a hairpiece.

JohnathonNY

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The company that I buy from place customs at 14-20 weeks.
I have one system that I own that I have yet to start wearing.