Delayed Minoxidil Shed? Is It Possible?

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been on 5mg oral minoxidil for about 5 months now. I had no initial shed to begin with but i think it may have just started. Has anyone else experienced a delayed shed with minoxidil both oral or topical???

Hardekz

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used minoxidil during 3 weeks, 6 months ago. And stopped due to bad side effects.

I had a big shedding a few months after. And today i am a lot more balder than before... I should have never started this sh...

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used minoxidil during 3 weeks, 6 months ago. And stopped due to bad side effects.

I had a big shedding a few months after. And today i am a lot more balder than before... I should have never started this sh...
Did you change to topical after stopping oral?

What sides did you get?

Eren

Established Member
Reaction score
Probably not possible, but that's why I would start finasteride first. If those results aren't pleasing add min. That way you will always keep your finasteride gains even if you'd quit minoxidil. The min benefit will be lost, but the finasteride result would stay. You'd have a good baseline that's easily maintainable by taking a pill.

Kaue carrera

My Regimen
Reaction score
My shed from oral was worse than topical, mostly because i was shedding everywhere, thankfully it didn't last that long, it was ages ago so don't ask me how long it went on for lol

any relationship between weaning from topical minoxidil and starting oral minoxidil?

something to decrease the chance of shedding?

or so that the hair does not feel a shock?