Delayed Dread Shed ?? Should I Stop??

Justin82

My Regimen
Reaction score
Losing LOTS of hair every day. I count 60 when I shower, another 20-30 when I finish washing up and put rogaine in. When I wakeup theres tons of hairs on my pillows, and of course hairs all the time when I am up.

I had been using Rogaine foam for 4-5 months, and never noticed much shed. Over the past month I have noticed significantly more. I switched to the liquid around this. Of course who can be sure.

Could it be a delayed shed because the liquid is more potent? Maybe rogaine isn't going to help me and I should stop? Isn't it too late to shed? It's hell on me emotionally to see so much hair everywhere every day :( :( Don't know if I should stop or not

Thoughts?? Tips?? Similar Experiences?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say it is because you switched to the liquid. I had a similar experience with oral minoxidil. Had initially good success but upon changing brands I've been shedding for a month and a half now.

Justin82

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say it is because you switched to the liquid. I had a similar experience with oral minoxidil. Had initially good success but upon changing brands I've been shedding for a month and a half now.

I don't know there was such a thing as oral minoxidil. Is it worth looking into? You say you had initial success. How long do you expect your shedding to last :( It's hard to hang in there for it :( Thanks so much for the reply

Justin82

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's possible with the liquid you are getting more to the scalp than you were previously with the foam.
That's what I was thinking. Thoughts on how long a shed is expected to last? I'm thinking there must be a point where something just isnt right and I should stop using it?

Dennis Garber

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you have a good question. Been reading for days, and no answer to this basic question : how long to put up with a product that creates the very problem it is supposed to prevent or fix?