Deep Condition / Restore Moisture - Need Quick Fix

new2this

My Regimen
Reaction score
so I have a system that’s I got in early march. Color wise and from a shedding perspective it’s in very good shape, but I have been swimming recently and have noticed the hair getting dried out and not feeling that great afterwards, especially if i wait a while to shower. I used a deep conditioner a few days ago and do have a solid leave in that I’m using as well, but if anyone has specific product recommendations please let me know

side note: for those of you who swim do you wash your hair every time afterwards?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
First of all, like with bio hair, you should always wash your hair after swimming. In the ocean, it's the salt, in a pool, it's the chlorine.

I swear by Schwarzkopf products, they may or may not be available in your area.

And this should go without saying... you should not wait to take care of your hair system until it looks like it needs to be taken care of...

Last edited:

David1776

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a chlorinated pool. I saturate my hair with tap water before I go out to the pool and rinse it thoroughly when I’m done. I read somewhere that preferring your hair will prevent it from absorbing as much chlorine. This is my first summer wearing hair and I haven’t seen any I’ll effects so far.

Noah

Reaction score
I think for hair systems argan oil (Morocco oil) is the best of the pomades. Other oils and waxes accumulate and end up weighing the hair down, making it heavy and fake looking. But argan oil genuinely seems to soak in or evaporate, so you are starting each day with the hair feeling and looking fresh.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I think for hair systems argan oil (Morocco oil) is the best of the pomades. Other oils and waxes accumulate and end up weighing the hair down, making it heavy and fake looking. But argan oil genuinely seems to soak in or evaporate, so you are starting each day with the hair feeling and looking fresh.
21af2de3-b4dd-4785-a81b-708c74c1277b_1.8d1b8809d6abe72e37fc434117e5b4f3.jpg

Really this same thing? Even food shops sell it :D.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score

It just may darken the hair a bit... a thing to consider.

new2this

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wanted to bump this as I’ve found a great solution. My system is about 5 months old, and the hair was definitely drying out. This week I have done 3 straight days of a hair mask in the shower. 5 minute deep condition, rinse thoroughly. My hair feels extremely soft now. FWIW it still is getting tangled easier which makes me think it definitely isn’t factory-soft, but for 5 months in I’m pretty happy with my results!

I use Shea moisture deep conditioner. I also use one of their their shampoo / conditioner in my regular routine.

Attachments

• EA502E6D-CB3B-4863-A093-889AEE6BCBF0.png
    EA502E6D-CB3B-4863-A093-889AEE6BCBF0.png
    185.3 KB · Views: 106

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Wanted to bump this as I’ve found a great solution. My system is about 5 months old, and the hair was definitely drying out. This week I have done 3 straight days of a hair mask in the shower. 5 minute deep condition, rinse thoroughly. My hair feels extremely soft now. FWIW it still is getting tangled easier which makes me think it definitely isn’t factory-soft, but for 5 months in I’m pretty happy with my results!

I use Shea moisture deep conditioner. I also use one of their their shampoo / conditioner in my regular routine.
How long does its effect last? How often do you need to use it?