Decided I'm going the hairsystem route after meds..(maybe)

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
0
Cassin said:
Bog bog bog bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbooooggggggggggggggggggg



Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbnbogggggggggggogogogogoging
:dunno:


They made a great choice in making you a mod !

Insulting the members and have little knowledge of REAL WORLD transplants must have been pre req's for the job I guess.
 

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
2
some of you guys are just fans of hair transplant...you and dudemon...you can not accept the baldness...you had a lot of hair transplants...I bet you have thin hair...and you denying any other options just because you got the hair transplants...

like dudemon has told me once that there's no way that a hairpiece could look great...well this guy like many others has succeded to make a great job...and yea he is 24-25...
http://www.network54.com/Forum/241571/t ... rean+piece

but then you have come and say ...yea but when he will get older it will be to thick...don't worry I've seen people at 50 and even at 60 that had much more hair than I have at 18...and into your hairpiece you can add always some white hair and to make it thinner...

just because some of you guys had hair transplants and payed dozens of thousands of dollars for...I know it is a pain because you don't even try it before having an hair transplant...and don't deny that!
 

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
2
in fact in this game is all about how good you are and it's up to your imagination too...the little things can make a great difference! I will always try this before any hair transplant...hair transplant is for ever!
 

Cassin

Senior Member
Reaction score
77
Yes hair transplant is forever which is why you should never get one until you are fully comfortable with the surgery which at this time, I am not. That could change at any time.
 

HT Veteran

New Member
Reaction score
0
I had hair transplant. I had a wonderful surgeon. It looked great! Very natural. It lasted 6 years. It then started to shed as did the rest of my hair. Nothing could stop it.

Now I have thinning, strangely distributed transplanted hair, an inadequate donor area for further hair transplant, and some nasty scars on the back of my head.

I also went the route of the hair piece before hair transplant. Also not entirely a success story.

I recommend putting significant research into either option before proceeding. I am on this particular forum to thoroughly understand the deal with hair system advances. Having taken two financially expensive courses of action that did not prove better than going bald in the long run, I am on board with those exercising caution and diligence.
 

cuebald

Senior Member
Reaction score
11
While pieces can look good on younger folk, the only thing that gets me is the detectability.

If you're with a lady and she runs her fingers through your hair (as young ladies are apt to do) - what if she feels the edges and understands you're wearing a system? as a 24 year old, it wouldn't only be humiliating, it would also be seen as "really weird" as well.
I can't see a girl in her early 20's being with a guy who has to take time out to maintain a wig. Imagine moving in with a girlfriend and then having her seeing you take off your HAIR - being seen in your original, bald state with the horseshoe nicely grown out.

I would be willing to say that a young lady would rather be with someone shaved slick than with a wig-wearer, no matter the headshape. Of course, she'd rather be with someone handsome in the first place.
 

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
2
cuebald said:
While pieces can look good on younger folk, the only thing that gets me is the detectability.

If you're with a lady and she runs her fingers through your hair (as young ladies are apt to do) - what if she feels the edges and understands you're wearing a system? as a 24 year old, it wouldn't only be humiliating, it would also be seen as "really weird" as well.
I can't see a girl in her early 20's being with a guy who has to take time out to maintain a wig. Imagine moving in with a girlfriend and then having her seeing you take off your HAIR - being seen in your original, bald state with the horseshoe nicely grown out.

I would be willing to say that a young lady would rather be with someone shaved slick than with a wig-wearer, no matter the headshape. Of course, she'd rather be with someone handsome in the first place.

That's right but with a good care she will not find any edge...besides this you can always style and nobody will touch your hair...Even I was a Norwood 1 I never liked that someone to touch my hair...I just hate this thing to be touched on hair!
 

Boondock

Senior Member
Reaction score
8
Experienced users claim that, if applied correctly, a piece is undetectable to touch.

If not, you just have to deal with it. Some people just say they don't like having their hair touched. No big deal.
 

cuebald

Senior Member
Reaction score
11
I didn't know you were from Norway andrei

Anyway I've always liked having a girl "run her fingers" through my hair, and every girl I've been with has liked to do it too.
I think the more you say "don't touch the hair" the more curious the girl will get, until she will find out what's going on.
 

Boondock

Senior Member
Reaction score
8
cuebald said:
I didn't know you were from Norway andrei

Anyway I've always liked having a girl "run her fingers" through my hair, and every girl I've been with has liked to do it too.
I think the more you say "don't touch the hair" the more curious the girl will get, until she will find out what's going on.

I agree.

Realistically, I think you will either need to fess up or learn to make it undetectable to touch. Some users appear to have done this, since there are wearers whose wives don't even know what they're doing yet.
 

Noah

Senior Member
Reaction score
1,576
Boondock said:
Realistically, I think you will either need to fess up or learn to make it undetectable to touch. Some users appear to have done this, since there are wearers whose wives don't even know what they're doing yet.

In fairness, to make it totally undetectable to the touch is a pain, because you have to put glue over the whole surface area, which makes the clean-up messy. I think most guys end up by just making sure it's on nice and tight and all the edges are well stuck down. That way it is about 95% undetectable, and you just take a view about the residual risk.

But where you are miscalculating the risk/benefit is in your assessment of the girl's reaction. Girls do not shriek in horror and call a cab if they find out that you are wearing a hairpiece. That is an urban myth: like all guys are supposed to wear boxers and not briefs. On closer scrutiny it turns out not be the case. I can tell you because I have been through it half-a-dozen times and I have talked to other guys who have done it too.

Whatever they may say in Cosmo, girls are relaxed or even quietly enthusiastic about men who try to improve their appearance. So long as you look good and will not embarrass them in front of their girlfriends, they are OK with it. Most of the girls I have told have positively wanted to help, and have let me know when my piece looked good or was a bit off. I actually think (I know this sounds a bit hoaky) that girls like it when you involve them in something secret in your life like the fact you wear a piece, because you are showing a bit of vulverability, and that makes for greater intimacy. I have certainly got laid more by the girls who I told about my hair.
 

Boondock

Senior Member
Reaction score
8
Noah said:
Boondock said:
Realistically, I think you will either need to fess up or learn to make it undetectable to touch. Some users appear to have done this, since there are wearers whose wives don't even know what they're doing yet.

In fairness, to make it totally undetectable to the touch is a pain, because you have to put glue over the whole surface area, which makes the clean-up messy. I think most guys end up by just making sure it's on nice and tight and all the edges are well stuck down. That way it is about 95% undetectable, and you just take a view about the residual risk.

But where you are miscalculating the risk/benefit is in your assessment of the girl's reaction. Girls do not shriek in horror and call a cab if they find out that you are wearing a hairpiece. That is an urban myth: like all guys are supposed to wear boxers and not briefs. On closer scrutiny it turns out not be the case. I can tell you because I have been through it half-a-dozen times and I have talked to other guys who have done it too.

Whatever they may say in Cosmo, girls are relaxed or even quietly enthusiastic about men who try to improve their appearance. So long as you look good and will not embarrass them in front of their girlfriends, they are OK with it. Most of the girls I have told have positively wanted to help, and have let me know when my piece looked good or was a bit off. I actually think (I know this sounds a bit hoaky) that girls like it when you involve them in something secret in your life like the fact you wear a piece, because you are showing a bit of vulverability, and that makes for greater intimacy. I have certainly got laid more by the girls who I told about my hair.

An interesting outlook. Having not yet been through the piece thing, I don't have experience of how it would actually pan out. I do however know of wearers who happily tell chicks about it (well, not as soon as they meet them, but fairly quickly). These guys don't claim it to be a hindrance.

Like you said, the key is for it to look good.
 

Noah

Senior Member
Reaction score
1,576
Boondock said:
An interesting outlook. Having not yet been through the piece thing, I don't have experience of how it would actually pan out. I do however know of wearers who happily tell chicks about it (well, not as soon as they meet them, but fairly quickly). These guys don't claim it to be a hindrance.

Like you said, the key is for it to look good.

Indeed. I suppose there must still be some women somewhere who want their men to be oblivious to their own appearance, but they will probably take exception to you posting on this forum too, so you have already self-selected out of that demographic.
 

chore boy

Established Member
Reaction score
1
I've tossed around the idea of getting a piece many times but haven't been able to find exactly what I want with Chinese offerings. I want to be able to take the hair down to basically a buzz cut and have it look legit. I've taken it upon myself to start making them myself. I figure it's the only way I can have complete control.

Here a sample hairline portion that I created. Granted, the Indian hair I used to ventilate it wasn't ideal and I suspect there may have been synthetic hairs in there which could explain why some hairs didn't "take" bleach at all. Also, I should have left the bleach on longer and obviously need to touch up the roots so it doesn't look like it's hovering... but still... I think she's headed in the right direction.

The camera is less forgiving than the human eye. Like I said... not a finished product

 

Noah

Senior Member
Reaction score
1,576
Interesting. Is that you in your avatar? If so, don't you need a darker lace than that? The way you have dealt with the knots is very impressive though.

I admire your stamina and self-sufficiency, but to be honest I am not sure what benefit you will really get from ventilating your own hairpiece. The thing is, no matter how careful you are the pieces only look good for a maximum of 6 months, so you're going to be spending every evening crocheting your next wig rather than out on the town reaping the benefit of the hair LOL! At least one of the on-line suppliers will sell you a fine all-lace piece on which the front hairline is hand-ventilated to your order in the US. You can order it in blond European hair if you want, and then perm and dye it. At the price they charge IMHO it is not worth doing it yourself.

As for the buzz cut, I have seen that done with a piece, but obviously your hairpiece has to be perfect and your attachment has to be absolutely perfect. So much so that I would say you would need someone to help you put it on - a salon or a wife. Any imperfections at all and you will be busted. So you are making life difficult for yourself choosing such an extreme style. If it was me, I would just shave if that is the only style you are willing to contemplate.
 

chore boy

Established Member
Reaction score
1
I seem to ventilate better with some fitting music in the background...

[youtube:150q6bx3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVLL5y565Rg[/youtube:150q6bx3]
 
Top