Dealing With Hair Prosthesis All The Life

Duccho

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,
i want to try hair pieces. I'm 25 yo.
I'm convinced by how great it looks and not affraid that it might been seen.

What concerns me is the constraint associated like: wash it every week if i do sports, the special products for the sun or when I go swimming, when i go to travel etc..
I saw several testimony of guys giving up after one year or two even if they like their look with it because of that.

I would like other opinions, if possible from people who wear it for long time .

Thank you

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Duccho

I have been wearing for a few years now, and am pretty physically active. There is of course a bit of work involved in wearing a system - it takes me an hour a week of maintenance. You also have to think ahead if you are going to be travelling. If you are away for a long time, you have to think about whether and how you are going to do maintenance, and you have to bring the equipment and products to do it. But it is just a matter of finding a routine. I travel a lot for work, and I have my little travel kit which contains everything I need.

I don't think products for the sun or swimming are a particular issue - these are mostly just ordinary products that you can buy in a decent pharmacy, and lots of people who have all their natural hair use them too.

Noah

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Hi Duccho

I have been wearing for a few years now, and am pretty physically active. There is of course a bit of work involved in wearing a system - it takes me an hour a week of maintenance. You also have to think ahead if you are going to be travelling. If you are away for a long time, you have to think about whether and how you are going to do maintenance, and you have to bring the equipment and products to do it. But it is just a matter of finding a routine. I travel a lot for work, and I have my little travel kit which contains everything I need.

I don't think products for the sun or swimming are a particular issue - these are mostly just ordinary products that you can buy in a decent pharmacy, and lots of people who have all their natural hair use them too.

Noah
Are you also able to de- and reattach a system while travelling? With also doing the cleaning of the piece there. How?

Can't imagine also bringing Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover and dish washing liquid with me on a trip :D and also doing the soaking and mirror slide. It can't get as clean as in home conditions.