Dating with hair system, how does it work?

whatintheworld

Reaction score
I waited a month to tell my girlfriend. Been dating a year and I’m about to move in and hopefully propose. The key is dating genuine women. I told two including my current and the first one didn’t care either. I think if it looks good and you aren’t insecure about it then it’s not a problem for most. If you are trying to date 19 year olds I’m sure that will impact dating.
Why wouldn't you try to be dating 19 year olds?...

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Why is this such a lie?

Look, I don't know for sure what will happen, I'm only conjecturing in my head. I've never worn a hair piece.

But by common sense I can surmise that the probability will be very low that the range of women I want to date (22-26) would be ok with this.

If you are targeting the 35+ range, then of course things are much different.

But in almost every situation I think there is a better option. For instance, if you get a FUE for just your front and then wear a hair piece for the crown, then the chance of success is much, much higher.

I think it's a much easier sell to say, yeah I had some thinning in the back and wear this because I'm a little self conscious.

The hairline, which plays such a big part in first impressions and how someone perceives you, is better off being "genuine" than not. Now, is a transplanted hairline genuine technically? No. My finasteride and minoxidil enhanced hairline is not naturally either.

It is a question of where is the line drawn. In current society, transplants have become much more accepted where as hair pieces have not. But over time if more people wear, that will change.

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
Look, I don't know for sure what will happen, I'm only conjecturing in my head. I've never worn a hair piece.

But by common sense I can surmise that the probability will be very low that the range of women I want to date (22-26) would be ok with this.

But in almost every situation I think there is a better option. For instance, if you get a FUE for just your front and then wear a hair piece for the crown, then the chance of success is much, much higher.

I think it's a much easier sell to say, yeah I had some thinning in the back and wear this because I'm a little self conscious.

The hairline, which plays such a big part in first impressions and how someone perceives you, is better off being "genuine" than not. Now, is a transplanted hairline genuine technically? No. My finasteride and minoxidil enhanced hairline is not naturally either.

It is a question of where is the line drawn. In current society, transplants have become much more accepted where as hair pieces have not. But over time if more people wear, that will change.
I don't think they'll ever be a time (not in the west anyway) where hair pieces are 'accepted'. The fact that transplants are common place would actually make the acceptance of hair pieces even less likely.

Christoppp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why wouldn't you try to be dating 19 year olds?...
Because I’m 27 and when I got my wig I was excited to date 19 year olds again but it got boring really fast. I couldn’t even go out and enjoy a drink with them. They were immature and I couldn’t relate to much with them. 19 years got old when I hit about 25. I just found a girl that was my age that looks like she’s about 20 so it’s perfect. She owns a house, has a great job, and is looking to settle down.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Because I’m 27 and when I got my wig I was excited to date 19 year olds again but it got boring really fast. I couldn’t even go out and enjoy a drink with them. They were immature and I couldn’t relate to much with them. 19 years got old when I hit about 25. I just found a girl that was my age that looks like she’s about 20 so it’s perfect. She owns a house, has a great job, and is looking to settle down.
That's awesome you definitely found a gem, congrats man!

whatintheworld

Reaction score
I don't think they'll ever be a time (not in the west anyway) where hair pieces are 'accepted'. The fact that transplants are common place would actually make the acceptance of hair pieces even less likely.
That is what I initially thought, but I may be wrong.

But what a lot of guys don't understand is, you don't need perfect hair at all. A hair piece gives you that, but really as long as you have something to take you out of the bald guy category, then it won't matter socially.

And the older you get baldness matters less and less as well.

Christoppp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I should add that both the women I choose to date were between 23 and 26 that I told I was wearing. The trick is having game with women. Knowing how to talk to them and make them feel good and lucky to have you. I’ve always been good with women except when I buzzed my hair. The hair system doesn’t place a factor when you have many hobbies, it looks good, have a decent job, and a good social circle. I’ve maxed my potential as a short balding guy and wearing a hair system did indeed make dating easier but I really don’t think most women care if the package is good enough.

Christoppp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That is what I initially thought, but I may be wrong.

But what a lot of guys don't understand is, you don't need perfect hair at all. A hair piece gives you that, but really as long as you have something to take you out of the bald guy category, then it won't matter socially.

And the older you get baldness matters less and less as well.
You really nailed it on this. You just need to be taken out of the bald guy category esp in your 20s. And if you have hair but lack social skills, a good job, and are boring the hair won’t make much of a difference.

Christoppp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, have any of these girls seen you without your hair system? Are you slick bald?
Out of the two I told ( it wasn’t long I was wearing before I found my current gf of over a year) the first one I actually got a system mid relationship and she didn’t know. I told her after a week of having it. The second one helps me attach my system now and sees me in summer time with it buzzed. I’m not slick bald.
33B0F652-67A6-4B36-B995-424A16E44897.jpeg
52D8978A-747A-49B3-8BBF-A9E18CE52802.jpeg

whatintheworld

Reaction score
You also seem to have good donor characteristics so for a lot of money and waiting you can get a transplant that would give you a similar result.

But without finasteride you'll have to get multiple transplants and it will potentially be a lot of time and money you don't want to invest, which is quite understandable as it is a huge commitment.

Christoppp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Christoppp You're a good looking guy and can pull off the buzzed look, but the system suits you well. If she is ok with it then all is good :)
Thank you. Even with the buzzed hair though it severely impacted my dating life. Losing your hair sucks and i truly don’t know if my current gf with brown hair would have swiped me on bumble if I had buzzed hair in my pics. But with the hair system it changed my life and I to anyone afraid of a girl caring, give it a try. I promise if it looks good you will be able to date higher quality women than being the bald guy.

Christoppp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You also seem to have good donor characteristics so for a lot of money and waiting you can get a transplant that would give you a similar result.

But without finasteride you'll have to get multiple transplants and it will potentially be a lot of time and money you don't want to invest, which is quite understandable as it is a huge commitment.
Within two weeks of trying finasteride I bought a gun a nearly killed myself. No lie it was poison for my body. I had to drop out of nursing school due to Brain fog. So that is why I went the hair system route. I never suffered with depression in my life until I took the pill.

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
Lets face it there are plenty of bald guys (i'm sure we all know some) who manage to pull hot girls, for most of us on here who wear its more to do how we feel rather than how others perceive us. Given the amount of idiots I see out there who manage to attract stunning women I'm sure the vast majority of women couldn't care less about how much hair you have as long as your kind and caring....of course there will always be some women who only care about superficial things....but does anyone want to spend their lives with someone like that?

mambovipi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is an interesting topic.

One of the key things to remember is a woman’s sexual market value diminishes over time whereas a man’s increases with age. This is how society generally works because men are valued for resources (which generally increase with age) and women for beauty (which diminishes). Due to that and the biological clock, women doing all the 100's of things they do to make themselves more attractive is seen as 'normal' (esp as they age) and why they require much more validation about their looks than guys. When a girl talks to her mates about a new guy she is dating the first thing her mate will ask is what does he do (i.e. what's his status). With guys the first question that's normal is, do you have a pic (i.e. is she hot). It's just the way it is. That being said there is a much bigger pressure on guys these days to take care of our appearance, however sheds some light on why it's normal for women to do all these things and not guys.

Now with regards to hair systems. The technology has advanced significantly however there is still quite a lot of stigmatisation from the days of toupee's falling off during windy conditions. The problem is it's hard to shift stigmas and if you come across a girl that's easily influenced by societal stigmas, regardless of how realistic it looks, then the outcome is obvious. But this just depends on the girl's values which you can't generalise.

When dating it all depends on what you are looking for. If you are in your 20's and just looking for some fun then does it really matter? Initially you can just say you don't like people touching your hair and set some boundaries there. If you get laid a few times and then tell her and she has a problem, you still got laid right? So who cares? If this is what you want then a lot of this is just about 'game'.
If you are older and looking for someone to settle down with, then do you really want to be with someone who has a problem with you wanting to improve your appearance and the image you project into the world? You can just see it as a filter. You wouldn't want to bring it up right away as it would be best to get to know each other on a slightly deeper level first but the way any individual girl will react will depend on so many factors as a lot of what is valued is simply the way she feels around you.

The way I see life is you just do what makes sense to stack the odds in your favour of achieving whatever you want. Are all extremely hot girls ONLY with extremely good looking, tall guys with amazing hair? Of course not, but guys ARE INITIALLY judged on these factors. By wearing a hair system you are increasing the likelihood of a good first impression and that opens the door to deeper connection.

Would be interested to hear any contrary opinions to any of the above but that's my view.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Depends on your own age as well. If you're 30, then it's not such a surprise anymore, so keeping it secret maybe isn't as bad then. 30% of 30yearolds are balding anyway. If you're doing it in your 20s, then it's a lot less normal and may be secretive?

Mystery411

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s awesome! You look great, unit or no unit. Beautiful gf, btw! You two make a great looking couple.