Darolutamide (odm-201), A Better Topical Than Enzalutamide?

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did they actually do proper dosage studies, or is it like with finasteride, where they prescribe 1 mg/day for hairloss when 0.10 mg/day would be completely sufficient?

I'm asking because I know that your long-term goal is not just to look good for yourself (lol), but to look good for women. As such you might want to try building muscle and growing body hair at some point, which would suggest perhaps blocking DHT but not T, or using selective androgen receptor modulators such as Ostarine.

From what I've read the studies have done dosages ranging between 200, 400, 600, 1000, 1400, and 1800 mg total per day. All these doses dramatically dwarf the 6 mg per day I'm using topically.

I've noticed no change in my weight or muscle mass since starting on daro. I look exactly the same.

Personally, I would never stop daro unless I had a side effect I couldn't tolerate. As a powerful androgen receptor antagonist that likely doesn't significantly cross the blood brain barrier and works topically (at least for me), it's as close to a flawless chemical treatment as I could ever hope to find.

I don't want test or DHT to ever bind to my follicles, and topical daro gives the best and cleanest guarantee that they won't. I will just try to bring the dose down slowly over time to see what the lowest I can get away with is.

Last edited:

Recon_s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Obviously you're not familiar with the oldest con job for before/after pictures in the book.

Take pictures of your hair now. Take pictures of your hair in 6 months with no treatment so you will be balder.

Claim the future balder picture is the "before" and the present better picture is the "after".

Claim any given therapy has caused the change.

???

Profit.

Keep deflecting and talking your way out of proof it works... the sheep will surely follow

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Keep deflecting and talking your way out of proof it works... the sheep will surely follow

Where do you think I'm trying to get anyone to follow me? I'd love to know your conspiracy theory.

I spend almost all of my posts on this site recommending other treatments to people. I think most people should use conventional therapies first and foremost. I don't even reply when people ask me where I have bought my daro as I am not interested in promoting any experimental or unproven therapies. I post about this as I am just a person trying to solve my hair loss like anyone else, and I have found the conversation on this forum very helpful for that.

Last edited:

Recon_s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You know the site is full of desperate people looking for answers any glimmer of hope and there all over it like flies on shoite..... You wrongfully give them a glimmer of hope by flooding the site of endless information making yourself out to have far superior knowledge so you automatically have their attention and then you makes things worse by claiming that this chemical works without one shred of evidence...You are a legit fraud.
Go read any scientific report or claim it is all backed by evidence to support the claim, Something which your anecdotal stories lack

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
You know the site is full of desperate people looking for answers any glimmer of hope and there all over it like flies on shoite..... You wrongfully give them a glimmer of hope by flooding the site of endless information making yourself out to have far superior knowledge so you automatically have their attention and then you makes things worse by claiming that this chemical works without one shred of evidence...You are a legit fraud.
Go read any scientific report or claim it is all backed by evidence to support the claim, Something which your anecdotal stories lack

Of course my anecdotal stories lack evidence. Anecdotes are not science, but we trade them freely because this is an open forum where we talk about things from our lives. Many of my posts are anecdotes from my life. Dating, jaw surgery, hair surgery, etc. If you find my anecdotes offensive or require "proof" for my life story, you can ignore my posts.

The things I have claimed are absolutely scientifically true for darolutamide are:
  • Androgen (test &/or DHT) binding to the androgen receptor is a critical step in male pattern baldness.
  • Darolutamide is the strongest androgen receptor antagonist available.
  • It blocks testosterone and DHT from the androgen receptor more strongly than any other medication.
  • It negligibly crosses the blood brain barrier so it has had a very clean side effect profile compared to other drugs in its class.
  • Other androgen receptor antagonists have a long history of use in treatment of androgenic alopecia, both topically and orally.
  • Androgen receptor antagonists that are much weaker than darolutamide have had published studies showing they are effective both topically and orally for hair loss (eg. RU, cyproterone, and flutamide, all of which are a fraction of the strength).
None of that means people should use darolutamide. They almost certainly should not as this is not a drug made for the treatment of hair loss. But those are all pretty basic facts from the known science. Do you dispute those facts?

Last edited:

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course my anecdotal stories lack evidence. Anecdotes are not science, but we trade them freely because this is an open forum where we talk about things from our lives. Many of my posts are anecdotes from my life. Dating, jaw surgery, hair surgery, etc. If you find my anecdotes offensive or require "proof" for my life story, you can ignore my posts.

The things I have claimed are absolutely scientifically true for darolutamide are:
  • Androgen (test &/or DHT) binding to the androgen receptor is a critical step in male pattern baldness.
  • It blocks testosterone and DHT from the androgen receptor more strongly than any other medication.
  • It negligibly crosses the blood brain barrier so it has had a very clean side effect profile compared to other drugs in its class.
  • Other androgen receptor antagonists have a long history of use in treatment of androgenic alopecia, both topically and orally.
  • Androgen receptor antagonists that are much weaker than darolutamide have had published studies showing they are effective both topically and orally for hair loss (eg. RU, cyproterone, and flutamide, all of which are a fraction of the strength).
Those are all facts. Do you dispute those facts?

He's just jaded that nothing works for him so he comes in here shitting up the thread with useless bullshit, as if someone owes him some proof.

Guess what, Finasteride didn't work for me. I don't go around the hundreds of Finasteride threads telling people that it's bullshit because it did not work for me (unless someone asks me). As far as I'm concerned it's a crap drug, but that is merely my experience.

I got sold something off a guy from the private forum which was supposed to be Darolutamide and within 30 minutes I started getting an anxiety attack exactly like MDV. Maybe he sold me MDV and maybe it was legit Daro but he supposedly got it from Luo, and for something that doesn't cross the BBB it's not supposed to do anything like that.

I may at some point order this from Luo directly just to see but for now I will just do S-Equol because I want to see if the hype around that is even halfway legitimate. Personally I believe that (successfully & completely, which is a HARD thing to do) inhibiting DHT is better than inhibiting AR, because that way DHT can still mess with the estrogen receptor and your hair will not be able to thicken much. Whether equol can do that sufficiently enough is a different matter.

I also don't think testosterone is a very significant factor in most people's hair loss, but if you really wanted to you could always use a low dose of AR inhibitor coupled with equol to cover both angles.

Recon_s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Those are all facts. Do you dispute those facts?

Don't get me wrong I enjoy the facts and I'm mot disputing them you are completely missing my point here, you are just recycling wiki and other internet info which others are too lazy to do in turn you look to be a knowledgeable person in this area couple that with the fact you are saying you are getting results (despite telling people try at your own risk) you know members will be all over that you know how desperate they are. It hasn't worked for anyone perhaps its one of those things in life where it sounds great in theory but doesn't work as well in practice. Now you have the opportunity to actually definitively say yeah its working here are my before and after pictures just like anyone would expect after making such claims...I just think its wrong misleading weak people especially with a potentially dangerous chemical

He's just jaded that nothing works for him so he comes in here shitting up the thread with useless bullshit, as if someone owes him some proof..

I thinks its admirable you come to your buddy's rescue however ive tried one thing and have never shitted on it for working or not working far from jaded get your facts right again you clearly missed the point

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong I enjoy the facts and I'm mot disputing them you are completely missing my point here, you are just recycling wiki and other internet info which others are too lazy to do in turn you look to be a knowledgeable person in this area couple that with the fact you are saying you are getting results (despite telling people try at your own risk) you know members will be all over that you know how desperate they are. It hasn't worked for anyone perhaps its one of those things in life where it sounds great in theory but doesn't work as well in practice. Now you have the opportunity to actually definitively say yeah its working here are my before and after pictures just like anyone would expect after making such claims...I just think its wrong misleading weak people especially with a potentially dangerous chemical

I thinks its admirable you come to your buddy's rescue however ive tried one thing and have never shitted on it for working or not working far from jaded get your facts right again you clearly missed the point

How many times have i said this is a potentially dangerous chemical and people should be careful before considering it?

How many times have i said all topical androgen receptor antagonists, just like topical 5-ar antagonists, are potentially dangerous not just to the individual but potentially to pregnant women and children that might be around you?

How many times have i said there are no scientific studies on the use of this compound for hair, as it is brand new?

How many times have i warned about the potential for long term damage to the body or fertility from androgen deprivation?

Should i be expected to add a 500 word signature to every post (like a drug company does in TV commercials) listing every possible risk of darolutamide, even though im not telling people to use it?

Should i lie about or hide my positive experiences and pretend my hair hasn't stopped falling out since using it, even though i now have the most stable and shed-free hair I've had in my entire adult life?

Where is the requirement that anyone who has a good response on medications must compromise their privacy and post pictures of themselves?

People who have failed darolutamide in this thread seem primarily to be people who have failed every other antiandrogen they have tried as well. If all antiandrogens don't work for you there's probably no reason for this one to. It is essentially similar to hydroxyflutamide or bicalutamide except it is stronger and does not cross the blood brain barrier.

Beyond that, all I share is my personal and unscientific experience.

Last edited:

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score

What IS the point you tell me ? Coming here attacking him for not posting pictures or proof, he has a right to his privacy and doesn't owe anyone anything.

This is a very strong drug and it's perfectly plausible that it works, it's legitimately being made for prostate cancer, this isn't some sh*t someone cooked in his backyard, there are trials being done as we speak. The fact that plenty people tried it so far and few have success doesn't mean the drug doesn't work, inhibiting AR is not guaranteed to stop everyone's hair loss, show me ONE AR inhibitor that has a good track record. RU's success rate is spotty as f***, more people fail on it than succeed, AR is just one angle of DHT damage, the other is ER and maybe there are even more, that is why 5-AR inhibition -> AR inhibition for most people, it depends on the hormone levels and the hair genetics which therapy will be the most successful, some people fail on RU and succeed on finasteride and others vice versa. There is no set rule.

I just don't know why you have your sights set on Darolutamide. Do you want to prove to yourself that it doesn't work so that you don't have to try it? Why don't you go on RU threads and tell people that bullshit doesn't work?

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
@whatevr you got a fairly decent repsonse from ru right? so daro could work for you minus the sides?

who knows wtf you got from that other dude

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
@whatevr you got a fairly decent repsonse from ru right? so daro could work for you minus the sides?

who knows wtf you got from that other dude

It did give some initial thickening with my sub-normal DHT, but it definitely wouldn't have held up against normal DHT levels.

I might give Daro a try yet, the prices are coming down so that's good.

inmyhead

Reaction score
1g of daro is around 340usd on alibaba. I'm interested, but sadly nobody got results except Ideal

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
so according to ideals regimen that should last about half a year

so everyone that has tried this drug, apart from ideal, had no results with ANY other aa?

jonnywalker93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

so everyone that has tried this drug, apart from ideal, had no results with ANY other aa?
@peewee had success with other AAs. Don't know how he is doing on Daro now.

Another guy claimed to have success with 7.5% RU (cannot remember his name) and felt that applying Daro every 1.5 days was equally effective (at the dose he used).

If my H&W topical finasteride doesn't work, I am tempted to try Daro again at a lower dose. The last time I tried with 2% it gave me severe heart pain.

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

My hair was doing well on RU. I may have still just been riding the minoxidil glory days though.

Was only on finasteride for three months.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair was doing well on RU. I may have still just been riding the minoxidil glory days though.

Was only on finasteride for three months.

you still on ru now? any sides?

finasteride gave you dick problem right?

and what happen with daro?

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
you still on ru now? any sides?

finasteride gave you dick problem right?

and what happen with daro?

No not on RU. Gave me brutal dick sides. Beyond me how Ideal could get away with doing 7.5% RU TWICE daily. I tried dosages way lower than that.

finasteride was also sexual sides yes.

I'm off daro now. Insane shedding while on it and uncomfortable eye sides. Encouragingly, for people pondering experimenting with this, I did not notice any dick sides despite being very sensitive to them judging from my RU and finasteride experience. However, sperm has been unbelievably sh*t lately (I donate), don't know if that's the daro usage taking it's toll.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
No not on RU. Gave me brutal dick sides. Beyond me how Ideal could get away with doing 7.5% RU TWICE daily. I tried dosages way lower than that.

finasteride was also sexual sides yes.

I'm off daro now. Insane shedding while on it and uncomfortable eye sides. Encouragingly, for people pondering experimenting with this, I did not notice any dick sides despite being very sensitive to them judging from my RU and finasteride experience. However, sperm has been unbelievably sh*t lately (I donate), don't know if that's the daro usage taking it's toll.

lol its a joke isnt it man. f*****g lol at hair loss drugs

can you not try lowering the daro until you feel no sides then give it a go for 6 months or something to see how well your hair is doing then

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol its a joke isnt it man. f*****g lol at hair loss drugs

can you not try lowering the daro until you feel no sides then give it a go for 6 months or something to see how well your hair is doing then

Indeed. It's like being in one of Jigsaw's games.

Just curious since we're doing a tally - how long did you continue the daro and at what dose? I had a massive Telogen Effluvium where I was shedding up to 3x as much hair for the first 3 months or so of my "aggressive treatment phase" which I began when I first joined this site (high dose RU, spironolactone, cypro, then daro). But after that it stopped dead.

Your experience has mirrored me with side effects. I did do RU 7.5% twice a day for a while, but only briefly when I was desperate before bridging onto daro. It made me feel sick actually. Probably this was from the levels going up and down so quickly due to its short blood half life. I was tired, and there were dick side effects.

I'm experimenting with adding high dose finasteride (5 mg per day) the past few weeks as I can't apply my topicals as well having just had major scalp surgery and I don't want to risk my hair while healing. My dick seems to be taking a dive and I am very tired all the time, although this could be just from surgery recovery. I will be checking my DHT in 2 weeks to see if it's even doing anything or if I'm imagining it, since dutasteride didn't do anything for me.

It also seems we have both had dry eyes on daro. If I run into trouble with daro long term I expect it will be chronic dry eyes that gets me. I will aim to lower my dose to reduce this risk as soon as I feel confident to do so.

I didn't make it much past the three month mark to be honest. So maybe I fucked myself by not sticking it out. Just feel like people are more likely not to recover from these sheds, based on my years roaming these forums. I couldn't take it mentally any longer seeing my hair being at its' worst ever whilst I was messing with my eyes + no on was reporting good results.

If I see some more people report success on it I might give it another go. Maybe try to go low on the dose like Sunchyme suggested.