Cyoctol, powerful antiandrogen since 1986

peibol16

Reaction score
0.5% cyoctol

83% of patients increase hair (11,3% of new hairs)

92% stabilization (stop the hairloss)

90 subjects in the study

duration 48 weeks

Cyoctol inhibited 78-93% of the DHT binding locally, better than finasteride and Ru.

Chantal Burnison resumed his studies in 2011.

More information in spanish forum:

http://foro.ganarpelo.org/viewtopic.php?t=29033

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I love google translate sometimes:
but increased 83% and 92% stabilization is a wh*** for cures to Pelaos enough I think.
This is amazing too:
3 insults in a response ... your lights. I know I'll stay without Acell by your brother like any forum ... there your brother? You have to make the ball to deserve this information? Information that does not exist because there is your brother? Anyway ... And again, I do not think they will cure baldness, but I have money, big money and finding I can prove what I really want to. Worth or not, and that neither you nor anyone I must say that I have to do.
:)
alfie said:
Alfie, what does that mean?

Basically a drug that seemed promising during the 80s then trials etc were terminated and it vanished into obscurity.

If those results were true they'd be amazing as I didn't think any antiandrogen/androgen inhibitor was capable of that sort of regrowth, even one that caused chemical castration.

T

TravisB

If it was so great, why da f*ck wasn't it introduced on the market?

peibol16

Reaction score
hairhoper said:
but increased 83% and 92% stabilization is a wh*** for cures to Pelaos enough I think.

83% of people, not 83% of hair regrowth. The hair regrowth is 11,3% average in this 83% of subjects and 20% of net regeneration.

However, 92% stabilization it is an excellent result.

viewtopic.php

alfie said:
Alfie, what does that mean?

Its mean that this company is continuing its studies in 2011 for fda approving.

Finasteride and Ru inhibited 70% of the DHT instead 78-93% for Cyoctol.

Its excellents news.

Sorry for my bad english

supermusic

Established Member
Reaction score
Also Chantal released ethocyn ( Ethoxyheptyl Bicyclooctanone ) avalaible since 1994 after 20 years of investigation.
ethocyn is a skin care product.
Studies found that Ethocyn, which is a non-steroidal DHT receptor blocker, increased the production of elastin in tissue cultures of skin fibroblasts.
I wonder if it´d work for the androgenetic alopecia if we apply it on the scalp.

http://www.ethocyninfo.com/home.php

http://www.chantalburnison.com/

el_duterino

Reaction score
this male pattern baldness study is old, dating from 1989

Cyoctol was firstly designed as an anti-acne drug.

Juts like CB 03-01, the first studies are for acne then male pattern baldness, as both issues are related.
CB did very good for acne as anti-androgen.

Cyoctol failed the acne tests and the pharma firm who bought the rights to it did not pursue its development.

There is some good read on this on the web is you search for Chantal Burnison

el_duterino

Reaction score
http://business.highbeam.com/436989/art ... el-chantal

Cioteronel Chantal (USA) discontinued, USA.(Brief Article)
Article from: R & D Focus Drug News | October 7, 2002 | Copyright

Following the closure of its operations in June 1998, Chantal (USA) has terminated development of its nonsteroidal dihydrotestosterone antagonist, cioteronel (CYOCTOL). The agent had been investigated in phase II trials for the treatment of acne and …

Prospects looked good in 1989, when Chantal struck a rich deal with E.R. Squibb & Sons, licensing the still-unapproved Cyoctol, which helps fight acne and male pattern baldness. The $22 million deal included a payment of $200,000 a month t keep Chantal afloat. A few months later, however, Squibb was acquired by Bristol-Myers Co., which halted the monthly payments.

In May 1990, Bristol-Myers asked Chantal to accept a less lucrative deal, and Chantal pulled out. Shortly after, Chantal formed a similar, and even more profitable pact with The Upjohn Co., which promised Chantal $23 million and $200,000 a month to license Cyoctol.

The two companies parted ways in February 1993, when Upjohn, claiming it was unimpressed by Cyoctol's performance in clinical trials, terminated the agreement.

http://www.allbusiness.com/north-americ ... 193-1.html

anti-wrinkle cream. The Securities and Exchange Commission filed a 1996 complaint against Wyatt, a former consultant to Chantal, for selling stock in 1993 based on inside information that Upjohn Co. had terminated a licensing agreement with Chantal following disappointing clinical test results for an anti-acne drug, cyoctol

http://articles.latimes.com/1997/dec/03 ... s/fi-60013

supermusic

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok, but it does not prove anything. Are only demands and commercial interests behind, so all those opinnions could be probably conspiracies between businesses.
Where are the results that prove it?
Why do you have to believe these claims and not the good detailed reports initial clinical results ?

I'll take the end of the article:

Despite the current flurry over Ethocyn, Chantal may have even better fortunes ahead, according to analyst McAmant. "To us, the value of the company is not in the cosmetic business but in the potential for Cyoctol," said the newsletter publisher, who noted that the company is also investigating the drug's potentia benefits for prostate disorders, as well as for acne and baldness.

After nearly 16 years of drug testing, Burnison said she is also eager to see Cyoctol come to market.

T

TravisB

So the Cyoctol was tested for 16 years till now? Are there chances that they'll introduce it to the market?

mister x

Reaction score
You imagine that appeared in newspapers:

3 United Forums, fight and get the cure for Alopecia. f*****g death to alopecia
Separated from them by many miles but united by one goal (HairLossTalk.com - HairHolland - Ganarpelo), find their way to a cure for alopecia. The FDA, the companies and their super mega b**ch bite their nails because they do not scuff anything.
The product hits the market at lower prices than just a generic, so that even the poor can save their hair.

Fight to the end

peibol16

Reaction score
peloncete1989 said:
Sorry, who has said that RU inhibits 70% of DHT?

And where is this info available?

Thanks guys.

RU58841/PSK-3841: Phase II

A topical, non-steroidal androgen antagonist, PSK-3841 (formerly HMR-3841 and RU-58841), is being investigated in France by Proskelia for possible therapeutic value in Androgenetic Alopecia and acne [102,104]. The compound was in Phase II clinical trials as of January 2004 [102,105], and was originally researched by Roussel-Uclaf and Hoechst Marion Roussel [102]. PSK-3841 is an androgen receptor (AR) inhibitor capable of blocking 70% of DHT binding [18]. When compared with the antiandrogenic compound cyproterone acetate, PSK-3841 exhibited a 20% increase in AR binding [18].

The % of dht inhibited with cyoctol is similar to dutasteride and better than finas and RU