Cyclosporine A - Possible Cure For Hair Loss

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
CsA is nothing new (1980) and is a compound of the RiverTown therapeutics RT1640.

They are currently negociating a Phase 2 trial in Australia

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even csa was never tested properly , 3 month studies with 18 people where 9 are placebo 9 on csa and then 6 drop out are not reliable, much more the at home tests with vehicles and doses that might be totally random . I dont have high hopes but people here just dismiss drugs because someone once said it doesn't work 6 years ago

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even csa was never tested properly , 3 month studies with 18 people where 9 are placebo 9 on csa and then 6 drop out are not reliable, much more the at home tests with vehicles and doses that might be totally random . I dont have high hopes but people here just dismiss drugs because someone once said it doesn't work 6 years ago

Not a cure, and regarding immuno suppressant sides...not even a viable alternative to finasteride...well yes it could, but choose your pain

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
according to some (well documented members(any forums)) this Csa drug could potentiallly be the cure but at what cost? ...I wish Rivertown used this Way-316606 drug but it's too late.... or they have to restart the trials ^^

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
according to some (well documented members(any forums)) this Csa drug could potentiallly be the cure but at what cost? ...I wish Rivertown used this Way-316606 drug but it's too late.... or they have to restart the trials ^^
Got any links? Just curious

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If it's good people will buy it from chinese chems , after all if it is deemed safe at phase 1 people will experiment with it

abcdefg

Reaction score
I think this could be bigger than the pgd2 thing years back. We need to see human results though, and its hard for me to believe that not one man on earth has taken this drug that also had male pattern baldness at all. Same with all these asthma drugs that inhibit pgd 2. Where are all the pictures? In the age of phones not one guy using these for asthma or osteoporosis can snap a picture? Why do we need to wait 4 years to see a formal trial result.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think this could be bigger than the pgd2 thing years back. We need to see human results though, and its hard for me to believe that not one man on earth has taken this drug that also had male pattern baldness at all. Same with all these asthma drugs that inhibit pgd 2. Where are all the pictures? In the age of phones not one guy using these for asthma or osteoporosis can snap a picture? Why do we need to wait 4 years to see a formal trial result.
Agreed, but I do think that even though many people that have taken this drug might have had male pattern baldness, the immune suppressing side effects probably prevent them from taking it long enough to see results since hair loss takes so damn long to reverse

abcdefg

Reaction score
Agreed, but I do think that even though many people that have taken this drug might have had male pattern baldness, the immune suppressing side effects probably prevent them from taking it long enough to see results since hair loss takes so damn long to reverse

You might be right, and we dont know. One article I saw though said they saw results testing in vitro of hair growth in 2 days! Of course we dont know if it holds true in humans, or how long it could take. We know DHT inhibitors and minoxidil take a long time so you would think this would also take 6 months or longer to see better or any results.
I hope they are testing this on people right now. We desperately need something safer then what we have now. I dont think inhibiting DHT long term is a great idea.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
You might be right, and we dont know. One article I saw though said they saw results testing in vitro of hair growth in 2 days! Of course we dont know if it holds true in humans, or how long it could take. We know DHT inhibitors and minoxidil take a long time so you would think this would also take 6 months or longer to see better or any results.
I hope they are testing this on people right now. We desperately need something safer then what we have now. I dont think inhibiting DHT long term is a great idea.

whats your favorite letter of the alphabet man?

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I took 150mg first, then gradually increased to 500mg + Topical 5% for 2 months. I was not expecting regrowth, I just wanted to stop that ... itchy scalp. It was a failure. But ... maybe because Lyphar sold me fake or maybe because I'm resistant to almost every "cure" lol.
I won't say if Cyclosporine didn't work then WAY-316606 won't work. I don't know. Maybe WAY-316606 can be a cure, it works better or differently. I have no clue.

But you're right there's no point in getting excited for this drug, or some others like Seti, Zinc Thymulin or Brotzu, or ... Just wait and see, we could be surprised. After 13 years lurking on hair loss forums I've learned to be cautious, because the disappointment can be really painful.

So has nothing worked for your scalp itch? you should try topical finasteride, im still balding but it temporarily calms a bit my itch when i put the foam on it.

gonetoday

My Regimen
Reaction score
I also have bought 9g of cyclosporin from lyphar.

I made a 500ml solution
250ml Propylene Glycol
250ml Ethanol
30g Minoxidil
9g Cyclosporin

Currently on day 2, will update if any progress.

(i was on minoxidil before, so results would be from the cyclo)

Also would prefer to get way 31066 but as its not cheaply available, this will have to do for now.