Cyclodextrin complexed RU58841/Dutasteride (Localized transfolliclar delivery)

corkmeister

Established Member
Reaction score
My experience after three weeks of cyclo / finasteride:

-I am very sensitive to basic finasteride so I am a good subject to have side effects in case of systemic absorption.

-I used an ethanol / Pg base with 0.025% finasteride.

-I had fina side effects after only a week. My usual side effects are watery semen, low libido, numbness in the penis, and mild ball pain.
This time I only had one side effect which is a totally insane ball pain. I held on for two more weeks in the hope that it would go away but it still does not go away so I stop.

-It is possible that cyclo reduces some of the systemic absorption. I cannot find out because I am sensitive to very low doses and it is certain that at least some of the finasteride has become systemic.

Was your base entirely or largely composed of ethanol and PG? I've seen other people add large amounts of organic solvents to the mix and I doubt whether this makes sense. It affects complexation and any finasteride molecules that aren't in a complex with cyclodextrin are just going to be transported through the SC via the penetration enhancing effects of ethanol and PG, as would normally happen.

I also doubt whether adding organic solvents/penetration enhancers to such degrees is even necessary. Cyclodextrins greatly enhance solubility in water and the mechanism of intra/transfollicular penetration seems to have little to do with traditional penetration enhancers like ethanol. The idea is that the aggregates, due to their size, converge into the follicle and are pushed further downwards through movement of the hair. Moreover, both mixtures referenced in the studies from the OP do not use any ethanol/PG.

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah, it's the point actually :

> Using Cyclo+water only
or
> Using Cyclo+eth+pg+tween80

Pretty hard to verify. In one hand you can have less side, but maybe dutasteride will not reach the follicles...Pretty hard

FluxZ

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm doubting cyclo complex is able to reach DP in human follicles. Aloplus Fast has same ingredients, water based cyclo for actives (MXD) but they added transcutol (dont know at witch percentage, but i guess more than 10%) for transdermal penetration. Whats the point adding TRX if the target is transfollicular pathway??
I'm experimenting with cyclo and i think that follicle sebum represent the biggest obstacle to that path, as some studies evidenced. Testing with progesterone and MXD (water based) and not good feeling about penetration.

Is there someone else here experimenting with cyclo?? What yours feelings??