Cyanidin 3-O-arabinoside suppresses DHT-induced dermal papilla cell senescence

Satchel

My Regimen
Reaction score
Androgenetic Alopecia mice model was used to study the cyanidins on DHT-induced hair growth deceleration.

Results​

Cyanidin 3-O-arabinoside (C3A) effectively decreased DHT-induced mtROS accumulation in DPCs, and C3A reversed the DHT-induced DPC senescence. Excessive mitochondrial calcium accumulation was blocked by C3A. C3A inhibited p38-mediated voltage-dependent anion channel 1 (VDAC1) expression that contributes to mitochondria-associated ER membrane (MAM) formation and transfer of calcium via VDAC1–IP3R1 interactions. DHT-induced MAM formation resulted in increase of DPC senescence. In Androgenetic Alopecia mice models, C3A restored DHT-induced hair growth deceleration, which activated hair follicle stem cell proliferation.

Conclusions​

C3A is a promising natural compound for Androgenetic Alopecia treatments against DHT-induced DPC senescence through reduction of MAM formation and mitochondrial dysfunction.

RStGeorge

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Androgenetic Alopecia mice model was used to study the cyanidins on DHT-induced hair growth deceleration.

Results​

Cyanidin 3-O-arabinoside (C3A) effectively decreased DHT-induced mtROS accumulation in DPCs, and C3A reversed the DHT-induced DPC senescence. Excessive mitochondrial calcium accumulation was blocked by C3A. C3A inhibited p38-mediated voltage-dependent anion channel 1 (VDAC1) expression that contributes to mitochondria-associated ER membrane (MAM) formation and transfer of calcium via VDAC1–IP3R1 interactions. DHT-induced MAM formation resulted in increase of DPC senescence. In Androgenetic Alopecia mice models, C3A restored DHT-induced hair growth deceleration, which activated hair follicle stem cell proliferation.

Conclusions​

C3A is a promising natural compound for Androgenetic Alopecia treatments against DHT-induced DPC senescence through reduction of MAM formation and mitochondrial dysfunction.
Is this topical or oral?

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wait a minute, is this the same as the one found in grapes and apples? Please be the same so I can find an excuse to start eating more apples