Cutting Proscar

EasyEd

Established Member
Reaction score
What's up everyone? Upon recommendation of my derm, I am starting Proscar shortly. I have a question in regards to cutting though. My derm recommended cutting it into 5 equal pieces but said other people have different ways of doing it. Can anybody help? What are some of my other options? Can I cut it into 4 and skip the 5th day? Can I just take one pill every 5 days? Any input from Proscar users would be helpful. Thanks guys.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
EasyEd said:
What's up everyone? Upon recommendation of my derm, I am starting Proscar shortly. I have a question in regards to cutting though. My derm recommended cutting it into 5 equal pieces but said other people have different ways of doing it. Can anybody help? What are some of my other options? Can I cut it into 4 and skip the 5th day? Can I just take one pill every 5 days? Any input from Proscar users would be helpful. Thanks guys.

Cutting it into 5ths really isn't all that ttough.

First, just cut off the narrow end, and quarter the rest.

Yes, you can do 1/4 tab 4 out of every 5 days.

SE-freak

Reaction score
splitproscar5qm.jpg

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Freak - nice graphic!

powerchords

Reaction score
Sad,

Im on generic procar & my pills are round.
Any pics for cuting round pills into 5 pieces ???

Thanks

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
powerchords said:
Sad,

Thanks

Good grief, I hope you are not old enough to vote.

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
LOL!

That's exactly how I would do it.

KiLLuMiNaTi

Established Member
Reaction score
hahahahahahhhaaa where can you get decent cutters though ..i cant seem to find that square one

matt_pacman

Reaction score
nice one SE-Freak... ur way of cutting up the circular pill seems revolutionary.. might try that tonite. will update with my result.

alfonso2501

Established Member
Reaction score
powerchords said:
Sad,

Thanks

I actually cut my Fincar in 1/6’s, which equals .83mg. I use a razorblade. Cut it in half, then each half I cut into 3 pieces. In the beginning I would mess up & shatter some of the slices, but now I can do it while I’m drunk & half asleep before I go to bed. Give it a shot, it’ll save you a little cash.

Heck, now that I think about it I’m going to try 1/8’s next time! :jump:

TheOliviaTremorControl

Established Member
Reaction score
For the record: it is NOT okay to 1/4 a proscar pill and have one every day, and then skip the fifth day.
It is NOT good for your hormones to fluctuate like that.
I think it would even be better if you just had 1.25 mg EVERY day, and didn't skip any days.
As close to 1.0 mg as possible would be best though.

Bad advice, Hair Tommorrow :(

bobisback11

Reaction score
ok so the graphic showing how to cut the proscar pill into 5ths, will give you five 1.0mg. is there any threads or links proving that, i just want to make sure i am taking a propecia 1.0 mg equivalent. I was thinking of ordering finpecia but the proscar is original and not generic. also se-freak or anyone else here, where do you guys get it from, i was looking at the unitedpharmacy/lifepharmacy website. whats the best object to use to cut the pill, do you guys use a razor to cut the pills? i went to local pharmacy and the pill cutters look like they would only cut the pills into 4ths.

bobisback11

Reaction score
ok so the graphic showing how to cut the proscar pill into 5ths, will give you five 1.0mg. is there any threads or links proving that, i just want to make sure i am taking a propecia 1.0 mg equivalent. I was thinking of ordering finpecia but the proscar is original and not generic. also se-freak or anyone else here, where do you guys get it from, i was looking at the unitedpharmacy/lifepharmacy website. whats the best object to use to cut the pill, do you guys use a razor to cut the pills? i went to local pharmacy and the pill cutters look like they would only cut the pills into 4ths.

can some of the senior members users please answer, i didn't want to make a whole new thread

thanks again

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
bobisback11 said:

can some of the senior members users please answer, i didn't want to make a whole new thread

thanks again

I take .5 mg of 5mg proscar/fincar a day. But instead of worrying about pill cutters, I simply bite pieces off of the pill. I really don't sweat the dosage too much. As long as half the pill is consumed in 5 days, and the entire pill is consumed in 9-10 days, I know that the proper dosage has entered my system.