Curious If You Guys See A (negative) Difference In Hair Quality

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why are you growing your hair anyway? Shorter hair = your scalp receives more oxigen
My hairs been longer my whole life, and it always looked good. Psychologically it’s tough to cut it short. Also, the extent of my thinning is revealed more when it’s shorter.

Megamandix

My Regimen
Reaction score
U know a reason why guys with curly hair go bald more likely than people with straight hair is amount of air that their scalps recieve. IMO i would be glad that Finasteride did not work for you. so just please cut it. you're 22 and your body needs to produce testosterone naturally, You dont want to mess up it's balance in your body. I hope you realize that minoxidil only absorbs through skin and with much much less side effects than finasteride.
I hope you understand what im saying.

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
U know a reason why guys with curly hair go bald more likely than people with straight hair is amount of air that their scalps recieve. IMO i would be glad that Finasteride did not work for you. so just please cut it. you're 22 and your body needs to produce testosterone naturally, You dont want to mess up it's balance in your body. I hope you realize that minoxidil only absorbs through skin and with much much less side effects than finasteride.

what the hell are you blazing on right now

ihatebackstabbers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your advice. I just picked up some tea tree oil I plan on using. You use it 2-3 time a week? Someone told me once a month is good so it doesn’t dry out your hair.
I dilute the essential oils. Roughly 15% to the carrier oil. Olive oil "moisturizes" my hair. My hair does get weighed down and looks a lot thinner when I have it in but after shampooing it looks fuller. It doesn't hurt to try adding Olive Oil to your tea tree oil. Tea tree oil has to be diluted anyways, if I'm not mistaken.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dilute the essential oils. Roughly 15% to the carrier oil. Olive oil "moisturizes" my hair. My hair does get weighed down and looks a lot thinner when I have it in but after shampooing it looks fuller. It doesn't hurt to try adding Olive Oil to your tea tree oil. Tea tree oil has to be diluted anyways, if I'm not mistaken.
I put the oil in my hair today and it made my hair look absolutely horrible. It actually fucked me up for the rest of the day. I didn’t realize it makes your hair look worse than water lol

random phone charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
f*** dude, you make me not even want to touch finasteride. You sure your overall hair quality tanked with the usage of medication?

Last edited:

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
f*** dude, you make me not even want to touch finasteride. You sure your overall hair quality tanked with the usage of medication?
Yup I’m sure. I don’t know if I can blame it on finasteride tho

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
@random phone charger hey bro. still not on finasteride yet? :eek: you're delaying it like i did haha. Just get on it fam. we both know a hairloss battle is lost without an anti-androgen.

For @CrownBalding, I honestly feel like he's got some external issues outside male pattern baldness that is contributing to his hair loss. Balding with a good family background is kinda of a rare occurrence but it happens. I think he should a) start minoxidil b) give finasteride more time. It's only been 4-5 months brotha

ihatebackstabbers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I put the oil in my hair today and it made my hair look absolutely horrible. It actually fucked me up for the rest of the day. I didn’t realize it makes your hair look worse than water lol
I only put it on at night before I go to bed because it does make my hair look greasy. Shampoo removes it pretty well for me. Nizoral and Tgel drys out my hair and makes it look stringy which is why I started oiling. It also did wonders to my scalp which is why I ended up adding essential oils to it.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I only put it on at night before I go to bed because it does make my hair look greasy. Shampoo removes it pretty well for me. Nizoral and Tgel drys out my hair and makes it look stringy which is why I started oiling. It also did wonders to my scalp which is why I ended up adding essential oils to it.
I didn’t feel much of a difference keeping the oils in but it made my thinning show 10x worse then with just water it was a horrible sight lol. I posted pics in another thread, but yeah that was fucked up.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Come on man-Please stop writing this nonsense just in case some people take it seriously. This sh*t needs to be banned immediately.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn’t feel much of a difference keeping the oils in but it made my thinning show 10x worse then with just water it was a horrible sight lol. I posted pics in another thread, but yeah that was fucked up.
After photo looks a little thinner. You and I have some similarities. Both are about ~ 4 months in on finasteride and are still waiting for something good to happen. I've continued to thin with treatment, but I've read enough anecdotes to believe that things will likely turn around in the next few months.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
After photo looks a little thinner. You and I have some similarities. Both are about ~ 4 months in on finasteride and are still waiting for something good to happen. I've continued to thin with treatment, but I've read enough anecdotes to believe that things will likely turn around in the next few months.
I’ve thinned heavily, my longer hair just covers it. There’s no way I expect to get back to baseline but maybe if I stop losing hair I can add minoxidil and try to get some back.

random phone charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@random phone charger hey bro. still not on finasteride yet? :eek: you're delaying it like i did haha. Just get on it fam. we both know a hairloss battle is lost without an anti-androgen.

For @CrownBalding, I honestly feel like he's got some external issues outside male pattern baldness that is contributing to his hair loss. Balding with a good family background is kinda of a rare occurrence but it happens. I think he should a) start minoxidil b) give finasteride more time. It's only been 4-5 months brotha
ForHims delayed me dude! Not in denial, but I'm genuinely scared man.

random phone charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Seeing my current hair quality tank before looking better. My hairloss anxiety is too strong to endure such period.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Question to those with more experience with finasteride...

Since it’s been almost 5 months and my hair has went to sh*t this whole time, is it still too early to conclude that I’m a nonresponder?

I’m still shedding hair, about 20 in the shower (which is an improvement) but I can feel my hair get worse week to week.

Any stories from you guys that were in a similar position?