Cruel facts I have learned about hairloss

vipergts

Established Member
Reaction score
- HAIR MATTERS in society. No matter how much you try to justify being bald or shaved, there is no denying that people with hair are always more desirable and generally considered more attractive. The overwhelming majority of chiks WANT men with good hair.

- It has been one of the most psychologically painful and depressing conditions I have encountered in my life. Far worse than some of the physical pain I have experienced from injury/disease.

- Losing hair and going bald has screwed up my social life and confidence. I am no longer the same person when interacting with friends, employees and clients. Why? Even if I try to not think about my loss, I am cruelly reminded each time people look at my thinning spots and sometimes "enlighten" me with comments suchs as - "man you are going bald....so sad....what the hell happened....try Bosley, etc"

- I feel a sense of inferiority when surrounded by thick NW1s - fuckers have better genes.

- I feel powerless and confused - been there , tried that....NOTHING HAS WORKED. I have been very successful otherwise in life because I NEVER give up, I am RELENTLESS. I always find a way! But with my hairloss there is NO WAY TO STOP THE PROGRESSION! I really envy those who have had success with finasteride or dutasteride! You guys are so f'in lucky! Take a pill and you're done! I apply all this topical sh*t on my scalp every day and all it does is irritate the hell out of my scalp. ZERO RESULTS SO FAR!

- No Hope - No new treatments on the horizon and hair transplant is worthless for diffuse thinners! Wigs are out of the question.

- Accepting the truth SUCKS, I don't want to fuckin accept it! I have a terrible head shape and my scalp is too damn white! Hell I even have bad scalp with some scarring and acne! I DON'T WANT TO SHAVE, but may have NO CHOICE! I want my fukin hair back dammit!

End of Rant!

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
They are right to suggest hair transplants, in my opinion. Although I would not suggest Bosley.

And I don't think you have used many topicals. People like Jacob and bcapop take their topicals very seriously, I would recommend you try to emulate them. I think they are both using nanoencapusalted keratinocyte growth factor and superoxide dismutase (among many other things) from Elsom Research in their topicals.

vipergts

Established Member
Reaction score
I am using minoxidil, Prox-N, spironolactone, AA, CPs, PTO shampoo , nizoral 2 percent, Essential oils (peppermint, emu, etc)....I think the ingredients you mentioned are added to Prox-N already.

Follically Challenged said:
They are right to suggest hair transplants, in my opinion. Although I would not suggest Bosley.

And I don't think you have used many topicals. People like Jacob and bcapop take their topicals very seriously, I would recommend you try to emulate them. I think they are both using nanoencapusalted keratinocyte growth factor and superoxide dismutase (among many other things) from Elsom Research in their topicals.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Follically Challenged said:

No they're not right. It's damn stupid to suggest a transplant for a hair loss sufferer. It's like saying "sh*t man you look bad bald, why don't you get a hair transplant". If someone's ugly, do you go to that person and tell him/her to see a plastic surgeon?

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
justin said:
Is that guy in your avatar Bob Mould?

Yeah it is Bob. Damn great singer/songwriter. My signature text is also from a Hüsker Du song, "These Important Years". Great tune.

ITNEVERRAINS

Established Member
Reaction score
No, but if someone who is a friend who constantly listens to his complains about his situation, maybe someone telling him to try hair transplant or STFU. Might be exactly what he needs. Who told you diffuse thinners cannot have A HAIR TRANSPLANT? That is BS. I have seen 100's of pics by Feller, H&W, and others who have performed remarkable results on DT's. Think whoever told you that is confusing shockloss w/ male pattern baldness. Not saying it couldn't happen (permanent shockloss) but I think a consult from a top Doctor would dismiss this claim in a majority of cases. Notice I said top Doctor, not Bosley.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
vipergts said:
I am using minoxidil, Prox-N, spironolactone, AA, CPs, PTO shampoo , nizoral 2 percent, Essential oils (peppermint, emu, etc)....I think the ingredients you mentioned are added to Prox-N already.

Prox-N does not contain KGF.

You have a pretty solid regimen although off the top of my head I would suggest apple polyphenols, lithium and/or skin needling, and raspberry ketone to try and achieve regrowth.

More can be done on the DHT front too including green tea/black tea extract with piperine. Green tea has been shown to increase keratonocyte differentiation too. You could add soy isoflavones or red clover extract. Also, I've read retin-A will reduce the amount of androgen receptors by 30-40%.

And personally I am of the opinion that nizoral should be replaced by Revita. Hannah from SkinActives is bigtime opposed to SLS as a surfactant and she is a very smart woman, I defer to her in instances such as these where her knowledge greatly trumps mine. (Because of the posters here at HairLossTalk.com I think I might have the edge on her hair loss wise although she sells a good looking hair loss topical, although I personally would replace the grape seed extract she has in her topical with apple polyphenols as GSE inhibits angiogenesis.)

apathy212

Reaction score
This thread is true though. We are all wasting our time with all these treatments. I've been on propecia for close to 2 years now, and I've seen no improvement whatsoever. My hair is just getting weaker and weaker with each passing month. I'm about to give up on it and just shave my head. It's a cruel reality that many men are forced to deal with; we just have to man up and accept our fate. Nothing we can do about it. Yeah there are hair transplant's but those things are incredibly pricey and risky. I just hope that something comes along for the future generations so that they wont have to deal with the bullshit that we all have to go through on a daily basis.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey bro,

It could be worse. You can have no hair like me. I would give me left leg to be balding at this point.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
apathy212 said:
This thread is true though. We are all wasting our time with all these treatments. I've been on propecia for close to 2 years now, and I've seen no improvement whatsoever. My hair is just getting weaker and weaker with each passing month. I'm about to give up on it and just shave my head. It's a cruel reality that many men are forced to deal with; we just have to man up and accept our fate. Nothing we can do about it. Yeah there are hair transplant's but those things are incredibly pricey and risky. I just hope that something comes along for the future generations so that they wont have to deal with the bullshit that we all have to go through on a daily basis.

How many treatments have you tried besides Propecia?

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
Hey bro,

It could be worse. You can have no hair like me. I would give me left leg to be balding at this point.

4374zb6.jpg

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Viper have you tried Proxiphen, not Proxiphen-n. I am starting to grow hair in my juvenile hairline and this never happened before I used it. I have a full grown terminal hair that grew at the baseline of my juvenile hairline. I am not saying I will get back my juvenile hairline but if it can grow hair there, it must be powerful. I was ready to give up on it and all of sudden now i am seeing new hairs sprouting in areas I thought I got wiped out by the foam. I am on my sixth vial and finally I am seeing some activity. Now I did start Revivogen around the same time too so I cannot tell you for sure which helps more. My guess is Proxiphen. Dr Proctor has spent his life perfecting his Proxiphen. So that has to account for something.

vipergts

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey DH,
I wantedto start by first using the less potent lef.org version of Prox. It's very user firendly no doubt and soes not irritate my scalp. In your old posts you said that you shed like crazy on it. HOw bad was the shed? I really can't afford another huge shed at this point. Does Prox have minoxidil and spironolactone added to it? Did revivogen slow down your shedding at all?

Viper

DoctorHouse said:
Viper have you tried Proxiphen, not Proxiphen-n. I am starting to grow hair in my juvenile hairline and this never happened before I used it. I have a full grown terminal hair that grew at the baseline of my juvenile hairline. I am not saying I will get back my juvenile hairline but if it can grow hair there, it must be powerful. I was ready to give up on it and all of sudden now i am seeing new hairs sprouting in areas I thought I got wiped out by the foam. I am on my sixth vial and finally I am seeing some activity. Now I did start Revivogen around the same time too so I cannot tell you for sure which helps more. My guess is Proxiphen. Dr Proctor has spent his life perfecting his Proxiphen. So that has to account for something.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Viper, my scalp is very sensitive to alcohol. I cannot use anything high in alcohol. I am also sensitive to Retin-A. Proxiphen is a cream like gel with no alcohol and its Retin-A is very small amount. I have never had any irritation from it at all. To me it goes on very cosmetically acceptable that I could use it in the am or pm. My hair is not short so its a little hard to get on the scalp but I part my hair in areas to apply it. I have never heard of anyone getting irritation from it. You use only a tiny little bit too. Now I do know a poster I talk to on HLH and he feels it did make his hair shed alot and really was not happy with it. I was about to quit too until now I am seeing all these new hairs sprouting. I did shed from it but it was when I stopped using Revivogen as much. I don't really know if Revivogen slow down the shed or not but anyway I thought I would let you know my case. With Revivogen you must use the shampoo too as well as the serum. Before my days of Propecia and minoxidil, I used Revivogen and Lasercomb and Nano shampoo and my hair thickened and maintained. It was only after, I started with the big 3 that my hair went downhill. I know I have posted those statements over and over but I do not know if you read it before. But I have to remind you my situation is definitely minor compared to what you are describing about yourself. I am sure your avatar of Michael Schofield does not help your situation when you see his hair. I can't wait until Prison Break starts again and Sarah will be back. Anyway, my only advice is to try to avoid mirrors as much as you can. My hair situation although undetectable to society has changed me ever since I started noticing my density loss and thinning to the point that I constantly worry if tomorrow will be a good hair day or not. At this point, I get envious of anyone with THICK COARSE HAIR with no gray hairs. I have always had fine hair that I had to thicken up with cosmetic thickeners( mostly thickening shampoos and spray wax, or gels not toppik which I do not really care for) all my life and managed to fool everyone in to believing I have thick hair. Just remember, hairloss did not prevent you from being successful in life and will not prevent you from hooking up with a very special caring attractive woman who is not superficial. They will like you for WHO you are and not really for how much hair you have. The problem is woman like that are usually already taken or hard to find. Also I am sure alot of those thick NW1 have problems of their own that you have no idea about. I am sure if you met me, you would be very envious if you saw my hair( I know how to make it look thick and normal) but believe me my problem of dealing with BDD and low self esteem is no picnic in the park.

justin

Established Member
Reaction score
ghg said:
justin said:
Is that guy in your avatar Bob Mould?

Yeah it is Bob. Damn great singer/songwriter. My signature text is also from a Hüsker Du song, "These Important Years". Great tune.

Oh yeah! Didn't even notice the song lyrics, initially. Warehouse has some good tunes, but overall I think it's too much content. Just basically Hart and Mould going at it, artistically speaking. I think Flip Your Wig is the the perfect balance. It's also kind of neat, being the last SSD release before they signed to a major. New Day Rising's also pretty sweet.

Sugar's kind of a toss-up for me.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Doctor House did you lose hair on the Big 3, or did your hair just become finer? Because ketoconazole is terrible for making hair thin and wiry. I've decided I will try not using when I can afford a quality regimen. Maybe only a couple a times a week if necessary. Cosmetically it terrible for my hair.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I stopped using Nizoral because it dried my hair. I have not used it since last year. And when I did use it, it was only 2 to 3 times per week. I feel minoxidil seemed to "eat away" my hairline when I was using the foam twice daily. I remember looking in the mirror obsessively at my hairline and watching the hairs get thinner and skinnier in diameter by the week. I stopped minoxidil for one week and my hair cosmetically looked better. Then I decided to go to the foam once per day and it did make things better. Honestly, I still do not know whether it was Propecia or minoxidil that caused my hair to diffusely thin more. My pattern of thinning basically concentrated on where I was applying the foam so my theory was minoxidil but I cannot be certain of that. I went back on the foam at night and Proxiphen in the am a month ago and my shedding increased once again and after a week off the foam, my shedding decreased. I love how the foam goes on but I do not like how it causes my hair to shed alot. No more foam for me. I think I learned my lesson again. I will stick with Proxiphen and Revivogen for now. With them, I have very little shedding. I cut my dosage of Propecia to half a dose per day and my hair felt so much better after a month later. Then I read posts that say you need to take the full amount to get maximum benefits so I go back to full dosage for a few days and then change my mind and go back to half again. I am staying with a half now since I use Proxiphen. Bryan said Dr Proctor once mentioned Proxiphen maybe more effective than Propecia alone. So I need to stop switching things around every time I read a different posted opinion. My regimen will now stay this way for the next 3 months and then I will decide what to do next. I am very tempted to drop Propecia but I am too scared. The problem when you have BDD, you end up spending so much money on any product that mentions it regrows hair. Believe me, my next topical I am contemplating is the MDF solution but I am going to wait and find out this time if anyone tries it and gets good results. Viper have you thought about trying MDF solution?

vipergts

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Dh ,

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it. I have revivogen and flutamide on my short list of things to try next. I feel topical spironolactone is no longer doing it for me. What is MDF soultion? I haven't heard of it before.

viper

DoctorHouse said:
I stopped using Nizoral because it dried my hair. I have not used it since last year. And when I did use it, it was only 2 to 3 times per week. I feel minoxidil seemed to "eat away" my hairline when I was using the foam twice daily. I remember looking in the mirror obsessively at my hairline and watching the hairs get thinner and skinnier in diameter by the week. I stopped minoxidil for one week and my hair cosmetically looked better. Then I decided to go to the foam once per day and it did make things better. Honestly, I still do not know whether it was Propecia or minoxidil that caused my hair to diffusely thin more. My pattern of thinning basically concentrated on where I was applying the foam so my theory was minoxidil but I cannot be certain of that. I went back on the foam at night and Proxiphen in the am a month ago and my shedding increased once again and after a week off the foam, my shedding decreased. I love how the foam goes on but I do not like how it causes my hair to shed alot. No more foam for me. I think I learned my lesson again. I will stick with Proxiphen and Revivogen for now. With them, I have very little shedding. I cut my dosage of Propecia to half a dose per day and my hair felt so much better after a month later. Then I read posts that say you need to take the full amount to get maximum benefits so I go back to full dosage for a few days and then change my mind and go back to half again. I am staying with a half now since I use Proxiphen. Bryan said Dr Proctor once mentioned Proxiphen maybe more effective than Propecia alone. So I need to stop switching things around every time I read a different posted opinion. My regimen will now stay this way for the next 3 months and then I will decide what to do next. I am very tempted to drop Propecia but I am too scared. The problem when you have BDD, you end up spending so much money on any product that mentions it regrows hair. Believe me, my next topical I am contemplating is the MDF solution but I am going to wait and find out this time if anyone tries it and gets good results. Viper have you thought about trying MDF solution?