Crown Hair Loss - 25 Years Old - Treatment Recommendations? +picture

Renlie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello guys.

So here's the picture:

hairloss.jpg

I've been taking Saw Palmetto 320mg + Beta-Sitosterol 320mg for 3 months now. I think it has stopped and I've got few new hairs at the front (which i dont mind because my hairline is ok).

So which treatment should i go for? Minoxidil only or maybe finas too? I don't think anyone will recomment RU to begin with...

Thanks in advance.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Both Finasteride and Minoxidil.

In case you're one of the rare people who will get PFS, just start out with half a tablet of
Finasteride, for a few months.

Or, put it another way, just start out with the minimum dosage that works.

Renlie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Both Finasteride and Minoxidil.

In case you're one of the rare people who will get PFS, just start out with half a tablet of
Finasteride, for a few months.

Or, put it another way, just start out with the minimum dosage that works.

I'm kind of scared of getting this PFS. As far as I've read about, it's a permanent condition. Is there any study that shows the chances of getting it? Is it that common in this forum? My last question would be, do you think I can get visual improvement of the crown with minoxidil+finas? Thank you in advance.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You could get an improvement on your crown, if the baldness is androgen related, definitely, yes.

Renlie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any other opinions or advice would be much appreciated.

I've read minoxidil is specially effective at the crown. Is this true?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
PFS is extremely rare, I'm not even sure if I believe it. The chance of sides are real but I think the ones who get them bad and quit have it all in their head and it's more of a mental block rather than the drug f*****g them up. I've used drugs considerably harder than finasteride for hair loss and got the typical erectile dysfunction expected from those kind of drugs and it went away once I stopped the drugs. I can't guarantee you won't get sides but I'm positive if you do it certainly won't be permanent :D
finasteride is the generic go to drug for hair loss. Fortunately for you, you seem to be the perfect candidate for it and if it works then you could expect to make a full recovery!
Don't be worried about sides, you hear a lot more about it not working (didn't work for me) rather than people experiencing side effects. Hope I helped!

Renlie

My Regimen
Reaction score
PFS is extremely rare, I'm not even sure if I believe it. The chance of sides are real but I think the ones who get them bad and quit have it all in their head and it's more of a mental block rather than the drug f*****g them up. I've used drugs considerably harder than finasteride for hair loss and got the typical erectile dysfunction expected from those kind of drugs and it went away once I stopped the drugs. I can't guarantee you won't get sides but I'm positive if you do it certainly won't be permanent :D
finasteride is the generic go to drug for hair loss. Fortunately for you, you seem to be the perfect candidate for it and if it works then you could expect to make a full recovery!
Don't be worried about sides, you hear a lot more about it not working (didn't work for me) rather than people experiencing side effects. Hope I helped!

Yes you did help me a lot. It's just I've read a lot of information recently and I found many comments related to this previously mentioned "brain fog" and other permanent symptoms. Specially on YouTube hairloss videos and some other forums...

By the way, since I'm taking Saw Palmetto for 3 months now and it's supposed to block 5alfa-reductase (i know it's a really low blocking effect), I guess it's less probable I experience heavy side effects with finasteride.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes you did help me a lot. It's just I've read a lot of information recently and I found many comments related to this previously mentioned "brain fog" and other permanent symptoms. Specially on YouTube hairloss videos and some other forums...

By the way, since I'm taking Saw Palmetto for 3 months now and it's supposed to block 5alfa-reductase (i know it's a really low blocking effect), I guess it's less probable I experience heavy side effects with finasteride.
Yeah I would say so. If you are worried start on half a pill.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any other opinions or advice would be much appreciated.

I've read minoxidil is specially effective at the crown. Is this true?

It definitely is.

And if the baldness is recent, it can also save your hairline.

Your hair will go through an initial one time shedding process, if it is working for you.

If that bothers you though (as there will also be initial loss), you probably should not
take it.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil can only retard hair loss, not permanently stop it on it's own.

As for PFS, try small doses and then stop. I believe PFS is real, but I don't think
the majority of men will have it.